• Bad

0 0%
  • Awful

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFry View Post
    Theres been a pattern for this manga for some of you guys, disappointment at the start of most arcs then it alleviates some later on. I'm sure that will happen again.
    it usually the other way around, an ark starts off with great promise but when its over it leaves a shitty feeling.

I'm not disappointed.
    Though a 7 year time-leap is a big one, Natsu and the others have just been transported to the future as suspected.
    They haven't been stuck on that Island for seven years FM, they probably haven't been on it for a day.
    They'll just spawn and be like: what happened? Didn't Acnowlogia just fire at us?
    btw why do they translate it Acnologia now?

Im really sad at how FT had to live up to now, I guess Makao was as best they could do in a pinch lol, personally I would of asked one of the guilds allied to them for help, maybe a loan or whatever. But I really hope everything gets back to normal, and I hope some of the other guild members became stronger
    A pie in the sky?

yeah or at least something to that effect. idk though i mean are they all going to be aged 7 years or are they going to be not aged at all or slowly aged or something like that? im still hoping they can get back in time some how.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Macao seems to have aged terribly btw.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

I don't know if the last picture is Canon, where some members (don't see Natsu) are shown bandaged and still injured. If it is, this is not much of a Time Skip. To the Heroes, it would seem like a few days, their injuries not having even healed yet. All the time skip did was to save them and Tenrou Island from certain destruction by acnologia. It wasn't used to defeat an enemy, just to deceive it.

Unless I am wrong, I can't see any reason for the protests. Certainly, the group was all already banged up, their magic power used up, and a fight with acnologia was massively unfair to them at that point.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I don't know if the last picture is Canon, where some members (don't see Natsu) are shown bandaged and still injured. If it is, this is not much of a Time Skip. To the Heroes, it would seem like a few days, their injuries not having even healed yet. All the time skip did was to save them and Tenrou Island from certain destruction by acnologia. It wasn't used to defeat an enemy, just to deceive it.

Unless I am wrong, I can't see any reason for the protests. Certainly, the group was all already banged up, their magic power used up, and a fight with acnologia was massively unfair to them at that point.
    you are misunderstanding . that color page was a color page from a few chapters back.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

and its also a possibility that on the island time does move more slowly. or they are in a type of stasis.
    or something.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    you are misunderstanding . that color page was a color page from a few chapters back.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

and its also a possibility that on the island time does move more slowly. or they are in a type of stasis.
    or something.
    Thanks for showing me that. You are right, of course

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

First of all... i don´t like this timeskip. It feels way to soon. I was loving the idea of S-mage exams but it totally went to shit. He used such a great idea with a nice buildup, to something that's totally broken down by this timeskip.

-another thing was the 3 dark guilds, we've only met 2 of them now. The whole commen sense and the balance of power we were just getting an idea of has been distorted by this timeskip and is now totally different. He's been giving us information and explanations to something that's now non-existent anymore.

Which means, what i´m not getting most is:

what value does this timeskip have to the manga? It feels like we have to start all over again, the guild is turned to nothing, our main characters are gone for a while and we're being introduced to EVEN MORE new characters(or old ones totally different). I've been following this manga from the start but even i have trouble recognizing some of them.

This timeskip isn't doing the manga any good for now and i can see the casual fan totally not understanding it and stop following it. Did we really need these new characters? This manga seems to have so many secondary characters and they keep increasing... There won't be any time left to focus on the development of these characters at all,

for instance: i ADORE Marijane.. with all these characters being added how is there gonna be any time to keep track of these characters?

This manga always gave a feeling that things were moving fast, but now hiro is just pacing it wrongly for sure. He's not giving us any chance to keep track of a current situation, he just broke down most of the information about the world he was creating and that he's been giving his readers...

For example: the instance about macao saying romeo never smiled again? I really couldn't sympathise with that.. it gave me ZERO feeling of compassion or understanding. It feels like a dramatic moment that i couldn't care less about.
    A totally new world it is... :(

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflame View Post
    First of all... i don´t like this timeskip. It feels way to soon. I was loving the idea of S-mage exams but it totally went to shit. He used such a great idea with a nice buildup, to something that's totally broken down by this timeskip.

-another thing was the 3 dark guilds, we've only met 2 of them now. The whole commen sense and the balance of power we were just getting an idea of has been distorted by this timeskip and is now totally different. He's been giving us information and explanations to something that's now non-existent anymore.

Which means, what i´m not getting most is:

what value does this timeskip have to the manga? It feels like we have to start all over again, the guild is turned to nothing, our main characters are gone for a while and we're being introduced to EVEN MORE new characters(or old ones totally different). I've been following this manga from the start but even i have trouble recognizing some of them.

This timeskip isn't doing the manga any good for now and i can see the casual fan totally not understanding it and stop following it. Did we really need these new characters? This manga seems to have so many secondary characters and they keep increasing... There won't be any time left to focus on the development of these characters at all,

for instance: i ADORE Marijane.. with all these characters being added how is there gonna be any time to keep track of these characters?

This manga always gave a feeling that things were moving fast, but now hiro is just pacing it wrongly for sure. He's not giving us any chance to keep track of a current situation, he just broke down most of the information about the world he was creating and that he's been giving his readers...

For example: the instance about macao saying romeo never smiled again? I really couldn't sympathise with that.. it gave me ZERO feeling of compassion or understanding. It feels like a dramatic moment that i couldn't care less about.
    A totally new world it is... :(
    I LOVE THIS POST
    thats why i feel that this is going to be a time arc and not a real time skip it just seems off to me. also if they have not aged or have not aged much there is a good chance that they are going to try and go back in time. and romeo could be the trunks of fairy tail. and end up going back in time to stop the future with possibly the other fairy tail members. or something to that effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]