Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes.

Retired Administrator

Quotes.

I have always found that a simple text signature sometimes has more impact on others than an image. While i am no quote fiend when i hear a semi decent one i try to remember it for when i get tired of my current signature.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - translated is "If you seek peace, prepare for war"

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton

meh, post a decent quote if you have one. Maybe i'll jack it and use it as a signature.

Please, no copying and pasting loads of quotes. That's not the point. We want the best!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

A film is never really good unless the camera is an eye in the head of a poet. -Orson Welles

I always liked that, dunno why

Edit: forgot one "You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper" -dont know who said it though
    Last edited by Sangaz; 10-25-2007 at 11:31 AM.

I'm not really good at remembering quotes... what I normally remember are latin words and phrases like:

"Eppur si muove" (And yet it moves) (what would mean "And yet I'm the one who is right" - Galileo Galilei

And what I always remember to myself when I'm just annoyed or disappointed with myself about something or whatever... "Tempus Fugit" (Time flies)

And, of course, what Larry Bird once said about Jordan: "I think he's God disguised as Michael Jordan."
    Last edited by damnz; 10-25-2007 at 01:55 PM.

this quote was my first sig. its from naruto volume 3

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward"
    Kakashi to Tazuna on why he continued with the mission

and the older ones amongst you will know this one from JFK
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, but you for your country"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    "But so what, it's short, it's cheap, and it comes with lots of extras - Not unlike your mum" - Yahtzee.

Fictional characters always get the best lines...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confound, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and wilfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish and are generally perfectly capable of contriving to give one an utterly unambiguous impression of their future course of action while in fact intending to do exactly the opposite, but they never lie. Perish the thought." - E.H. Tersono

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    That's not a fictional character.

'all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain' -Roy from Blade Runner

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised"

"Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want."

I've fogot who said the second two, but their from quotationspage.com so if your interested you can look them up

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club

a blade runner fan, you've got good taste in films gela

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very very brightly, Roy. - Tyrell

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    "Wake up. Time to die."