Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Izanami

Izanami

I know someone mentioned this.. but I'll go ahead and post this anyways.

Kishimoto loves using Japanese mythology apparently. Look at the Sage of the 6 path's weapons, they're based on mythology, called the demon brothers or w/e. Izanagi, Susansoo, Amaratasu, Tskuyomi all represent something in Japanese mythology. Amara, being the sun. Tskuyomi the sun. Susansoo was just thing that was snorted out of some random God's nose, which was Izanagi.
    All of these were introduced except Izanami.

Now here's my theory on Izanami. Izanagi represents creation and LIFE. In a little brief japanese story, Izanami threatened that she will kill thousand of people everyday. This means Izanami represents death. While Izanagi countered by saying he'll give birth to a thousand people, meaning he represents life.

Izanagi in the naruto world, represents life as well. The Sage of 6 paths, used Izanagi to create stuff out of nothing. He gave life, etc. Izanami is just an opposite. Izanagi represents life, while Izanami represents death.

So I'm predicting that Izanami will be introduced in the Naruto-verse. Maybe it'll be the final EMS technique, or something more then that. All I know that this jutsu will be the opposite of Izanagi.

Comment.

Maybe if Izanagi turns illusion into reality, Izanami turns reality into illusion. And just like the Sharingan version of Izanagi only affects the reality of the user, maybe Izanami also only affects the user. It could even be part of what allows Madara to become intangible, with everything passing through him; he becomes entirely illusion.

It could also be that Madara's phasing ability is something totally different; I figured Izanami might help explain how exactly his technique is tied to the Sharingan, and why other Uchiha can't seem to use or counter it. Since he's the only EMS user, it stands to reason the technique is tied to the EMS.

Maybe the Sharingan Izanami has some really high cost to the user, too, which could explain Madara's limitations.

Yea Izanami does represent death, ill be intresting to see how this will play into the series.

Im pretty sure it will make it in the series, and there's good chance the tech u get when u get ems could be it.

Will find out soon enough I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Maybe if Izanagi turns illusion into reality, Izanami turns reality into illusion. And just like the Sharingan version of Izanagi only affects the reality of the user, maybe Izanami also only affects the user. It could even be part of what allows Madara to become intangible, with everything passing through him; he becomes entirely illusion.

It could also be that Madara's phasing ability is something totally different; I figured Izanami might help explain how exactly his technique is tied to the Sharingan, and why other Uchiha can't seem to use or counter it. Since he's the only EMS user, it stands to reason the technique is tied to the EMS.

Maybe the Sharingan Izanami has some really high cost to the user, too, which could explain Madara's limitations.
    Makes sense. Reality into illusion.

I once asked a question if Izanagi could cause destruction and every response I received that it could not. So Izanami can cause destruction. Interesting jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobirama Senju View Post
    Makes sense. Reality into illusion.

I once asked a question if Izanagi could cause destruction and every response I received that it could not. So Izanami can cause destruction. Interesting jutsu.
    Destruction is such a vague term, anything can cause destruction, but very few things can create.

Izanami has to be unqiue like izanagi.

In another thread, probally the one u mentioned in original post I think it could be a time-space technique.

How does a time and space technique relate to death? Izanagi creates life. And Izanami causes death.

How does a time and space technique relate to death? Izanagi creates life. And Izanami causes death.
    Well, Izanagi is also certainly capable of destruction. Being able to create a Bijuu makes it about the most (potentially) destructive technique imaginable.

Well my thought process of what izanami could be is based on izanami's actions.

In the story izanami after izanagi left her behind he sealed the land of the dead. But izanami could still kill people in the living world despite was traped. This reminded me madara traveling in and out of demisions. There's more my gods thread if u wana see it.

And I think izanagi is capable of destruction the same way the rinnegan can be used to save the world or destroy it like madara is doing now.

And izanagi did create the tailed beast they are capable of worst destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post

I agree with the theory that Izanami turns reality into illusion. I also agree with the fact that Izanami could help find the link to the sharingan and the "space technique" Madara casts causing him to be "intangible". And as for those limitations that the Izanami causes after use... maybe the rinnengan makes up for it. Somewhat similiar to Shisui's ocular power ... the ability to control others but as Danzou said its something he cant use daily...because after casting Shisui's ocular power you have to let the sharingan rest and it can't be used until the eye recuperates -Danzou vs Sasuke- Maybe after casting the Izanami or the "space technique" or w.e. it is , Madara needs time to let his sharingan eye recuperate. Thus, Madara uses the rinnengan to buy himself time and do damage to his opponents....just a theory.. Lol but of course that's not the only reason Madara wanted the Rinnengan.. its pure power who wouldn't want it lol. I'm just saying maybe thats one of the reason why he needs it.

Any ideas on that link that the "space technique" may have with the sharingan?

ROFL POOR KUSHINA

First off: Hilarious Minato/Kushina picture. I've thought of that exact scenario before... the "fastest ninja in the world" paired with the chick with the highest stamina can only lead to suffering in the bedroom, but at least Naruto's got the makings to be a real stud when you combine the two.

Second, I think space/time may be linked to the Sharingan for several reasons. The bending of time/reality seems akin to bending the form an object takes, not too different from how Genjutsu can alter one's perception of reality. Tsukuyomi forces the victim to experience multiple days' worth of suffering within a brief moment. Sasuke was able to take control of Orochimaru's alternate dimension by using his basic Sharingan genjutsu. Even the nature of the Sharingan's enhanced reflexes can be seen as experiencing "time" on a different level than everyone else... the Sharingan users literally see the opponent's movements before they happen.

I think the Sharingan's powers over Genjutsu, which are based on altering one's perception of reality, stem from the essence of all spiritual energies in the Narutoverse, providing a concept and design out of imagination. Space/time jutsu, which bends the laws or current state of reality, must also be heavily based on spiritual energies, although unlike pure Genjutsu it has actual, physical effects on reality. However, the Sharingan is the only tool that can perfectly synchronize Genjutsu with reality, giving it a vastly superior control over space/time jutsu as well.