View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    10 90.91%
  • Good

    1 9.09%
  • Average

    0 0%
  • Bad

    0 0%
  • Awful

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    957
    Pure Epic.

    Makarov could not have gone out in grander fashion. Protecting his children from the most powerful dragon of them all. Talk about an amazing guild master.

    What really got to me was Laxus urging everyone to retreat and Natsu berating him for it until he saw those tears. This has to be hurting Laxus most of all, Makarov raised him since he was a child.

    I'm going to agree with Fenix here, Gildartz should be appointed Guild Master, he's the most suitable. That being said I wouldn't mind Laxus, but he's still kind of young. His reformed mentality however, is very befitting of the position. Down the road I'm sure he'll be appointed master, maybe the epilogue.

    The central plot of the dragon's history and the Dragon King's Celebration should start to unravel itself now. What happened the day all the dragons disappeared and Lucy's mother "Died", July 7th, 777? Zeref's likelihood of being a slayer continues to increase. That still leaves 3 more to go though. Hopefully Mashima introduces them all gradually and doesn't just save them all for that specific arc. Well at least show two, and perhaps save one for the actual event.

    For clarification Acnologia is indeed the dragon which Gildartz encountered while on his 100 year quest, and which instantly defeated him and dismembered his arm and leg. Acnologia was the reason Gildartz failed the quest. Whether Gildartz' mission directly applied to seeking out Acnologia or if their paths only happened to cross was never explicitly stated. However, Makarov's musings after Gildartz reported his failure seemed to imply that his mission did have something to do with the dragons.

    Natsu seeing a dragon would of course get his hopes up, since it confirms that they haven't died out and that Igneel also has a good chance of still being alive. (Which, unbeknownst to Natsu he is)

    There's still Tartaros and Raven Tail to think about to, can't wait to see where Mashima decides to take the plot next. The S-Class Promotion Trial/Grimoire Heart/Zeref Reawakening arc was one long roller coaster of twists and turns and I loved every second of it.

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

  2. #22
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    That still leaves 3 more to go though. Hopefully Mashima introduces them all gradually and doesn't just save them all for that specific arc. Well at least show two, and perhaps save one for the actual event.
    clear this up please. im a bit confused as to what your saying here?
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    clear this up please. im a bit confused as to what your saying here?
    Well it's a bit of speculation on my part, but the reoccurring theme of 7's, evidenced by the date of the dragons collective disappearances, make me believe there's at least 7 dragons in play. Possibly not counting the Dragon King referenced in chapter 101.
    Spoiler!


    The Dragon King's Celebration was first mentioned this chapter, and I'm certain the event will take place sometime further down the line. It'll be a monumental occurrence with the gathering of all the dragons and their respective slayers. Natsu and Igneel, Gajeel and Metalicana, Wendy and Grandeeney, Zeref and Acnologia, and what I believe to be three more.

    There's also the possibility that the remaining dragons haven't chosen disciples to learn their dragonslaying art leaving the opportunity open for other characters, for example Laxus meeting up with the lightning dragon and learning the true art of dragon slaying instead of relying on his lachyrama crystals.

    The number 7 is integral to the main mystery integrated into the plot of Fairy Tail, so I've felt that it'd make sense for there to be a total of seven dragons. At the very least there have to be a few remaining ones who by following the pattern already established, administered training to a mage and then disappeared on the fateful day.

    Mashima loves to have huge mysteries rooted heavily in the backstory of his plots. Rave Master was no different, what with Etherion and Resha/Ellie's connection. The Dragons are the main underlying focus of the manga, alongside Zeref and possibly Celestial spirits due to the circumstances surrounding Layla Heartfilia's death, Lucy's mom.

    The possible chance of reincarnation involving the dragonslayers is another plot point that's started to sound more plausible to me, but it's too early to say for sure. There's been so few clues given about the dragons, but hopefully with this arc finished we may start to find out more about them soon.

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

  4. #24
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFry View Post
    Arisart you are misunderstanding him I believe. He wasn't saying that Gildartz had a mission for another dragon, he meant that Gildartz 100 year? or however long mission was another mission altogether not involving the dragon, but the dragon showed up and attacked.
    Oh yeah, wtf I'm on a roll! Lol.

    Like Trilight said, I do think that the 100 year mission and the black dragon is connected together and the dragon is what makes the mission unaccomplished in over a 100 years.

    sig made by me

  5. #25
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    Chapter was fine, except that everything seemed to be taken from elsewhere. The father-figure sacrifice has been done many a time, and Zeref's line about how the Black Dragon views humanity is almost carbon-copy what Homunculus/Father said to Al and Ed when they asked him why the Homunculus hate humanity. I will give Mashima credit for sticking to his arc ideal that sometimes you just gotta run away, doesn't excuse GH from being terribad though

    I will so, so, so Rage very hard if FT pulls a combo nakama power attack next chap and save Makarov
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  6. #26
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    If that dragons there then wtf are the other dragons doing?

    also, it sucks Markov dieing (at least he dies with meaning), and I'm hoping Gildarts for next Master though I think Laxus will be it.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  7. #27
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Well it's a bit of speculation on my part, but the reoccurring theme of 7's, evidenced by the date of the dragons collective disappearances, make me believe there's at least 7 dragons in play. Possibly not counting the Dragon King referenced in chapter 101.
    Spoiler!


    The Dragon King's Celebration was first mentioned this chapter, and I'm certain the event will take place sometime further down the line. It'll be a monumental occurrence with the gathering of all the dragons and their respective slayers. Natsu and Igneel, Gajeel and Metalicana, Wendy and Grandeeney, Zeref and Acnologia, and what I believe to be three more.

    There's also the possibility that the remaining dragons haven't chosen disciples to learn their dragonslaying art leaving the opportunity open for other characters, for example Laxus meeting up with the lightning dragon and learning the true art of dragon slaying instead of relying on his lachyrama crystals.

    The number 7 is integral to the main mystery integrated into the plot of Fairy Tail, so I've felt that it'd make sense for there to be a total of seven dragons. At the very least there have to be a few remaining ones who by following the pattern already established, administered training to a mage and then disappeared on the fateful day.

    Mashima loves to have huge mysteries rooted heavily in the backstory of his plots. Rave Master was no different, what with Etherion and Resha/Ellie's connection. The Dragons are the main underlying focus of the manga, alongside Zeref and possibly Celestial spirits due to the circumstances surrounding Layla Heartfilia's death, Lucy's mom.

    The possible chance of reincarnation involving the dragonslayers is another plot point that's started to sound more plausible to me, but it's too early to say for sure. There's been so few clues given about the dragons, but hopefully with this arc finished we may start to find out more about them soon.
    i really disagree with that. i mean i agree with the theme of 7 but not with this. i mean look at it. it stands to reason that when there is a fake dragon slayer that there should be a real dragon out there some where. so that would add two lightning and poison. fire metal and sky on top of that. that would be 5 plus Acnologia and the dragon king. thats 7. now there are probably more dragons than that like earth water wood so on and so forth. plus since we have the dragon on Apocalypse and very possibly a poison dragon that does not mean they all have to be elements. so its much more likely that there are more dragons than just 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Senior Member tsubasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    behind you...always
    Posts
    268
    tho its possible to name of more then seven elements or affinities to relate to potential dragons, it would make sense that there are only seven...

    dragons are rare dude. if there were 50 then everyone would be a dragon slayer....

    current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

  9. #29
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa View Post
    tho its possible to name of more then seven elements or affinities to relate to potential dragons, it would make sense that there are only seven...

    dragons are rare dude. if there were 50 then everyone would be a dragon slayer....
    did i say 50. . . . . . no . . . . . . . i did not think that i did. for the reasons i posted above it is far more likely that there are more than 7 over all dragons. also fyi 50 for an entire species is rare lol and again i never said 50. we know of at least 5 dragons now and very possibly 2 real dragons for the two fake dragon slayers. thats 5 - 7 right off of the bat. as i stated B4 its far more likely that there are more than just 7 dragons.
    Last edited by cross777; 09-27-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    957
    While I don't doubt the possibility of there being more than 7 dragons, it's dubious that many of them would be given ample development or importance with regards to the plot. Plus, the rule of seven matches up nicely with what's already been established to be more than a coincidence, and that's why I believe the seven dragons/slayers in total would make more sense.

    The more dragons there are, the less significant they become. I really rather avoid them becoming an overpopulated lot with only minor differences. Then again, if there's some type of hidden utopia reserved for dragons it could be interesting, but why then would Igneel hide himself in a volcanic mountain if there's a home waiting for him free from persecution that would likely follow around a legendary creature such as himself? Seems to me they're an underpopulated race, and having them be few in number makes them more majestic and omniscient as a result, as they should be considering they're the strongest creatures in the Fairy Tail Mythos.

    As for the fake dragon slayers having respective dragons, I do anticipate Laxus meeting up with the Thunder Dragon considering he's back to being a main character, and relying on his Lachryama puts him at a distinct disadvantage when up against actual slayers. Cobra's chances of reappearing are slim I'd say, and even then the fake slayers aren't guaranteed to have respective dragons corresponding to their element. Out of all the possible fake slayers, Laxus will always be the most prominent, so much so that his chances of becoming a legitimate slayer are easily conceivable.

    The dragons play a huge role in Fairy Tail, but are also it's closest guarded secret. In time I'm sure Mashima will reveal the truth about them. Heck, we don't even know if the Dragon King is a different dragon or a title given to the strongest dragon of the current era. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon King's Celebration was one huge gathering to decide who is the strongest among the Dragons, and their slayers would somehow take part.

    Again, it's all guesswork. Only time will tell just how the dragons relate to the plot, and if they're an extremely rare breed, or if they're closed off from the rest of society and live in their own secluded paradise. I'm inclined to believe they're sparse and few in number, but anything could happen in a world where magic is the norm.

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •