Hybrid View

LIVE Wallstreet Protest ~anon~

Heres a stream of a protest in NY thats been happening for 6 days with very minimal media coverage.
    http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

I find it funny that Fox News are calling these guys hippies and unamerican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    I find it funny that Fox News are calling these guys hippies and unamerican.
    Actually, they had the Hippy part nailed down, and as for Unamerican, I bet they each have Droids, IPhones, and watch Soap Operas...

Frankly you can't take these people seriously, Imagine what will happen to them if Wall Street were to Cease to exist.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    To be Honest.i never dreamed a protest like this will happen in America...ever....

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

I saw some topless women protesting wall street, they were saying we can't afford a shirt so that's why ..they were topless.

Most of the protestors are young people. They can't get a job after college, and some have lost their jobs. The unemployed and the over educated. A long time ago, before the recession hit, my professor told me that most new jobs would go to people with Associate degrees or those from Vocational Institutes. A 4 yr. college degree won't get you anywhere, you have to get a Masters or Associate degree. She said because the amount of Americans who get a bachelor's degree is so high, it will lose it's value, or the edge it gives.
    Last edited by guy; 10-08-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Verified topless women were protestors

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I saw some topless women protesting wall street, they were saying we can't afford a shirt so that's why ..they were topless.

Most of the protestors are young people. They can't get a job after college, and some have lost their jobs. The unemployed and the over educated. A long time ago, before the recession hit, my professor told me that most new jobs would go to people with Associate degrees or those from Vocational Institutes. A 4 yr. college degree won't get you anywhere, you have to get a Masters or Associate degree. She said because the amount of Americans who get a bachelor's degree is so high, it will lose it's value, or the edge it gives.
    There has a move over to encourage more youngsters to get vocational training as after 13 years of Labour lowering standards and letting as many people as possible into university where they got degrees in communications or humanities. So now we have a shortage of plumbers, electricians, etc. Its about getting the balance right. We all got sold this idea that just getting a degree was essential for our futures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I saw some FOX News coverage on this. How could anyone take these idiots at FOX serious?

And of course there are always some strange weird hippie like people at these protests, but it's fine they protest against the high unemployment rate.

They want a similar protest here in Holland, but that's bull ****. The unemployment rates are in no way comparible, and we're a very wealthy country which a good social care system. I think the Americans protesting here would laugh at the idiots protesting here.

I don't believe these protesters are blameless either. I have a friend from my country who immigrated to the US a month ago who got a job as a teller within a couple of weeks.

Yes, Americans may be losing jobs because of a combination of factors (from the government, to corporations), but I think part of the problem is that Americans are a bit too impatient in terms of job selection. That, and also a lack of actual skills to sell themselves with.

Now, they're out there being an eyesore (and sometimes nuisance) to those who are worrying about the real life. I wonder how much hours they've spent on Facebook or Twitter instead of working and studying hard.

This also makes one wonder what they really want. The placards blame everything from the Republicans, the Zionist Jews, Obama to capitalism. There also are slogans that talk about being a real democracy, about having no leader (i.e. Communism), the founding principles of the nation (i.e. no to Communism) and patriotism in general. There seems no direction whatsoever, that you would wonder how everyone of them can possibly be satisfied.

Right wing media shows only "hippe" type people. Left wing media showed crazy racist people for the tea party protests. Unbiased media doesn't show anybody at either events. All I can learn is that we can't get information through a secondary or tertiary source.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.