View Poll Results: What will the Strawhats do if they obtain a devil fruit?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoro eats it

7 5.79%
  • Sanji eats it

6 4.96%
  • Nami eats it

7 5.79%
  • Usopp eats it

47 38.84%
  • Franky eats it

3 2.48%
  • The Strawhats sell it

19 15.70%
  • Luffy has a snack. The end of One Piece

32 26.45%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What if the Strawhats obtained a devil fruit?

I have been wondering this for a while. What will the Strawhats do if they obtain a devil fruit? Personally, I see Usopp eating it only to receive some useless but hilarious power.

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    A friend and I had this discussion. We thought that the (most) likely thing to happen would be that nami eats it and it turns out to be a cat-type zoan. To match her new nickname and all that. =P

Of all current Straw Hats, Usopp is the most likely of all to devour the fruit. Luffy, Brook, Robin, Chopper already have ate Devil Fruits. Zoro desires to become the greatest swordsman, likely without the aid of some funky fruit power. Sanji only desires the Invisible Fruit. Franky is good without one. Nami is too cautious about the side effects of an unknown fruit to be tempted. However Usopp, who dreams to become a great warrior, is the most likely of all to be tempted by potential power. After all, he has seen his share of might that a Devil Fruit may bring to a user, so it is logical for him to assume that the fruit will grant him similar power. The chance is that Nami will try to convince the rest of the straw hats to sell the fruit while Usopp will attempt to steal it for himself and devour it.

As for the result...who knows...Surely Oda wouldn't give a logia fruit to Usopp, it will probably be something comical.

personally, I think luffy would eat it and die, and that would be a somewhat sad but comical way to end one piece

Huh… what an interesting thought. I voted Ussop but I hope nothing like that happens. I like the characters the way they are but it’s a fun though. It’ll be weird if this situation really happen in the manga.

[EDIT]
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmi View Post
    personally, I think luffy would eat it and die, and that would be a somewhat sad but comical way to end one piece
    Huh..? What, no.

I think that's the LAST thing that would happen. If Oda ever did something like that I think he'd have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.
    Last edited by AG; 10-29-2007 at 06:50 AM.
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

I think they wouldn't use it, unless it's a matter of living or dying. Zoro, Sanji, etc. wouldn't like not to able to swim anymore for sure :S

But wouldn't it be fun? It's kinda like the lottery. You have no idea what type of power the fruit may grant. Perhaps the fruit is a powerful logia fruit(impossible), or perhaps a fruit that allows your nose to become longer(very possible).

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    But wouldn't it be fun? It's kinda like the lottery. You have no idea what type of power the fruit may grant. Perhaps the fruit is a powerful logia fruit(impossible), or perhaps a fruit that allows your nose to become longer(very possible).
    Sanji might know... He read that book about Devil Fruits... That's why he knew that there was Suke Suke no mi before he had met Absalom.

I suppose it depends on how well he memorized the book.

Also, now that there is a library on board the Thousand Sunny there might be a book on Devil Fruit in it.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Well if anything, the devil fruit will be eaten by a young child while the crew is in port. Like a refresh of Luffy's backstory with Shanks and company.

Plus I doubt that any of the remaining "non-devil fruit" crew members will eat a fruit.

Nami - will try to sell it for money
    Ussop - wouldn't eat it as he would be scarred of the after effects
    Zoro - will not want it as he wants to build his strength/power up normally
    Franky - will try to study it and use it too make weapons or etc from it
    Sanji - wouldn't fit his character as his dream interferes with it
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Sanji might know... He read that book about Devil Fruits... That's why he knew that there was Suke Suke no mi before he had met Absalom.

I suppose it depends on how well he memorized the book.

Also, now that there is a library on board the Thousand Sunny there might be a book on Devil Fruit in it.
    Aye, apparently there is a "Devil Fruit Picture Book" in the One Piece World. Thus far, there were only two mentions of this book's existence. The first time was when Spandam told the CP9 agents that the two devil fruits he has recently obtained are not listed on the picture book. The second time is when Sanji stated that he saw a picture book with devil fruits in it when he was young. Blackbeard also stated that he memorized the shape and color of the Yami Yami Fruit, although no book was mentioned.

Thereby, from the above evidences, we can conclude the three things: 1. A Devil Fruit catalog is relatively easily obtainable in the One Piece world. So much so that even a kid could lay his eyes on one. 2. The catalog is incomplete, as Spandam stated that his fruits were not on the list. 3. Even if the Straw Hats obtain a devil fruit, it may not be on the catalog.