14 43.75%
  • |3| Average

5 15.63%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

8 25.00%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    He prolly needed too much time to activate that special technique.

a sui technique, a summons, and oil. jiraiya also used oil and which elements could he command? i believe fire and earth. mizukage, based on the variety of techniques, is sannin level and probably one of the more elite shinobi of his time. he has shown he can command a battlefield and engage 2 kages for an entire chapter.

an explosive kekkei genkai will be suppressed by either an elemental weakness or by a massive amount and yet unseen level of sand spam. i feel like the earth kage has reached the end of the line and we haven't had a meaningful sacrifice in quite a while. gara will ascribe meaning to tsuchikage's death and use it in context of his victory over mizukage.

Interesting, but how come Gaara didn't notice that sand was hiding the guy earlier? You think a person who controls sand would realize the enemy's hiding in sand...

Edit: wait, I miss read that part. *Facepalm*
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Interesting, but how come Gaara didn't notice that sand was hiding the guy earlier? You think a person who controls sand would realize the enemy's hiding in sand...
    if he was able to defeat sand on a basic level then it is likely he can defeat sand on a higher level of difficulty. his oil was defeating the sand but yeah, to hide in the sand like that.. was he even hiding or was the sand finally overwhelming him to the point he needed to activate a trump card?

i noticed that gaara had resorted to his eye of the sand technique before the tsuchikage had even attacked. this probably has to do with the oil overriding the tracking sand and the genjutsu not yet having been defeated by the rock punch.
    Last edited by knife eater; 09-21-2011 at 05:21 PM.

^ No I just miss read that part, he wasn't hiding in sand, it was a genjutsu, and the sad surrounding it was Gaara feeling were the clam was.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Idk if its just me, but it seems like the second mizukage has changed his mind and actually wants to win now.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    ^ No I just miss read that part, he wasn't hiding in sand, it was a genjutsu, and the sad surrounding it was Gaara feeling were the clam was.
    true enough but how do sensing/tracking type techniques maintain reliability when the user is susceptible to a "battlefield wide" genjutsu, or to any genjutsu for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by EliteKage View Post
    Idk if its just me, but it seems like the second mizukage has changed his mind and actually wants to win now.
    completely agree, i wonder how it will play into his defeat. would be fantastic opportunity for an allied death (from tsuchikage), especially since he made a point to redeem himself before gaara and we finally see an edo zombie work as intended and then some.

oh boy... i really REALLY hopping that the thsuchikage... or even gaara died in this battle...
    i cant remember the last time we see a big name from the alliance died in this so called war...
    "Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."
    "Knowledge is power"

another chapter delivered quickly, loving it. Good to see the Mizukage is no pushover cuz when his grand summoning was revealed to be a giant clam I was a little underwhelmed at first and saw fit to shoehorn a joke about preferring the current mizukage to reveal her clam instead. However even without his battlefield wide genjutsu the second Mizukage is pretty damn fearsome. And now this infinite explosions jutsu, who knows what that entails.
    I have a hunch this will be one of those battles won more with brains than braun. Which would be a perfect counter point to Naruto's way of blitzing opponents although his battlefield intelligence is improving as he gets more and more used to his latest power up. And at least it hasn't taken 6 or more months for the ET Kages to be taken care of. Granted Kishi has a fine line to walk: make the Edo battles long and substantial enough to give the readers a sense of who they were and how they fought but not to draw their battles out too long so as to avoid the reader losing interest and miss out on the truly epic battles that are yet to come.