• Average

4 12.90%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Awful

3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Of course, one could say this was none of Ichigo's concern anyway. It just so happened he got involved into it. Why tell people about unnecessary information they don't need to know to get their job done? Personally, I think it is no coincidence Ichigo got targeted. Probability aside (how many shinigami do you know have actually lost their freaking powers in the first place?), if we assume it is no coincidence, then yeah, they ought to have told him.

good chapter,. I wonder what kenpachi is gonna do now,, seeing as there is no one to fight
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Yukio: You want me to threaten the girl, and make you power up with the power of love?

Is this supposed to be some sort of meta-joke at your own expense Kubo? I sure hope it is, because you get no point for lampshading an overused shonen trope like that when I can name the first ten times you used it yourself, most recently this very arc!

Bleach this week was a big bowl of Meh. Absolutely nothing of importance happened, and everyone bar Yachiru and Rukia were being awful characters with awful dialogue.

Byakuya: You cut peoples bonds, and mock them. How vile. You die!
    Honerable captain Kuchiki senpai, not to call you a humongeous hypocrite, but wasn't there a story arc not too long ago where you severed Ichigos bonds with his closest friend and spent every waking moment mocking Ichigo, your subordinates and well, everyone who cared to listen? I believe there was. Shut the hell up, and please kill each other you horrible samey characters.

And hey, Bradley is dead after all, and Kenpachis role this battle is over already. I sure am satisfied with the what, 5 pages he was on, and the non fight he had! And I feel totally cool with the heroes butchering these humans, I sure do.
    Oh wait, I don't. Where the hell is Bradleys ghost. And huh, Kenpachi were in one of those chatrooms too? I could've sworn they were left out in the exact same spot as before.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Yukio: You want me to threaten the girl, and make you power up with the power of love?

Is this supposed to be some sort of meta-joke at your own expense Kubo? I sure hope it is, because you get no point for lampshading an overused shonen trope like that when I can name the first ten times you used it yourself, most recently this very arc!

Bleach this week was a big bowl of Meh. Absolutely nothing of importance happened, and everyone bar Yachiru and Rukia were being awful characters with awful dialogue.

Honerable captain Kuchiki senpai, not to call you a humongeous hypocrite, but wasn't there a story arc not too long ago where you severed Ichigos bonds with his closest friend and spent every waking moment mocking Ichigo, your subordinates and well, everyone who cared to listen? I believe there was. Shut the hell up, and please kill each other you horrible samey characters.

And hey, Bradley is dead after all, and Kenpachis role this battle is over already. I sure am satisfied with the what, 5 pages he was on, and the non fight he had! And I feel totally cool with the heroes butchering these humans, I sure do.
    Oh wait, I don't. Where the hell is Bradleys ghost. And huh, Kenpachi were in one of those chatrooms too? I could've sworn they were left out in the exact same spot as before.
    Byakuya despises Tsukishima for not getting things done with his own hands, hiding behind your ex-comrades and torturing you that way. You having to face your loved ones in battle is the real torture here. Byakuya always did stuff with his own hands, and never hid behind anyone. Mocking the enemy is another thing and everyone in bleach do that. Tsukishima tortures them for the fun of it. I don't see similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    In a word yes. He is saying that the worst case scenario would be if Soul Society had known about Ginjo's whereabouts and what he was up to but deliberately refrained from mentioning it to Ichigo. This would suggest that Soul Society had a vested interest in keeping tabs on Ginjou yet keeping Ichigo in the dark about him. And in case anyone missed the obvious hint, this is probably a big fat foreshadowing suggesting that this is exactly what has gone down.
    Thanks, now this could mean that SS left ginjou alone even though they knew what he was planning and let him attain his goal, its like giving ichigo his powers has some sinister purpose, because it sounds to me that ishida is doubting and isn't completely trusting SS right now more than ever base on the theoretical actions they took or didn't take. Ishida is still the most cunning of ichigos friends noticing things from the earlier arcs, i remember him looking at that badge when they rescued rukia with skepticism... this chapter explains why, and what is his thoughts, i'm not an ishida fan but i like the way he theorize the situation this chapters
    Last edited by RVD; 09-14-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Everyone looks good in their new outfits.

I'm ready for the action to kick off and see where this is leading up too and if this connects to Ichigo's father leaving SS.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by RVD View Post
    Thanks, now this could mean that SS left ginjou alone even though they knew what he was planning and let him attain his goal, its like giving ichigo his powers has some sinister purpose, because it sounds to me that ishida is doubting and isn't completely trusting SS right now more than ever base on the theoretical actions they took or didn't take. Ishida is still the most cunning of ichigos friends noticing things from the earlier arcs, i remember him looking at that badge when they rescued rukia with skepticism... this chapter explains why, and what is his thoughts, i'm not an ishida fan but i like the way he theorize the situation this chapters
    Agreed. Whenever people mention something being nearly impossible in stories, normally means it's gonna happen and soon. Also agreed with Ishida's characterization. The thing is he could be truly dangerous with his intelligence if it did anything against the truly strong opponents, which is weird since you would think Kubo would at least make 1 off Ichigo's only human allies strong enough to at least be worth being allies? But me the eternal optimist, is still hoping that soon they will be (very soon) pushed to actual usefullness.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

The problem I think is that Ishida lacks the physical power to back up his cunning to make him a really power character, fighting wise. The only time we ever saw him truly kicking ass was against Mayuri, and that was in the SS arc. Since then he's been the one getting butt kicked pretty much. The problem lies in that his powers aren't special - they are primarily physical. If his powers were special they could help to create more diverse battle scenarios more than Ishida shooting arrows.

Further, the problem as always when an author attempts to create a character that is supposedly smarter than themself (or at least attempts to be more analytical than the author) is that it will ultimately fail because the analytical skill the character will show is actually limited by the skill of the author. I found that this was for example one of the greatest drawbacks of Death Note, and it is true for characters who espouse the smartass stereotype in shounen as well. Point here being that Ishida isn't necessarily as smart as Kubo attempts to make him appear as, it just so happens that Kubo presents him in combat as highly analytical but we have to question how much his supposed analytical skill actually aids him.

In a real battle scenario there are a lot of things to consider such as:
    - Location of the battle and whom it favors
    - The possible space between combatants
    - Weapons of choice and how it affects combat
    - How the environment can be used to benefit either combatant
    - Previous battle experience (the more experience the more natural some of these things above will come to provide as a benefit)
    - Actual battle skill

And there are probably way more pointers than I can come up with here at spot. Anyone who's ever played a FPS or similar game extensively will know these things. They may not be able to consciously analyze them while in game, but it is surprising how in-depth these kind of games can be that on surface just appear to be to kill the opponent. Yet, and here's my major point, Ishida rarely think of these kind of things and use them to his favor. It's not like we see him running behind houses and then peek out to shoot his arrows like you'd do in an FPS to 1) avoid enemy fire and 2) forcing the enemy to chase you so you can fight in your terms with a possibility to surprise the enemy if you do it right. Or let's talk about the importance of map pools in SC2 and how the spawn points matter depending on the race you play and the race you play against. I mean, it's not like you're going to 6pool on a map like Tal'darim Altar, especially if you spawn cross-position.

Also of course, these things would not necessarily make for interesting fights, but they would make the fights more realistic. Some things do come naturally - a long range weapon is always more dangerous than a short range weapon as long the wielder of the long range weapon can keep the enemy away. Once the enemy gets past the range of the long ranged weapon (e.g. behind the stabbing range of a spear) it will be very hard for the long ranged weapon wielder to avoid taking damage. This is pretty much what happened with Ichigo fought Ikkaku the first time. Ichigo got inside Ikkaku's range and it was game over because Ikkaku had no way to actually deal with Ichigo when he entered melee range. This is why people who wield long range weapons may usually carry smaller melee weapons with them so they just toss away their long range weapon and switch to a dagger or knife. Possibly possible to use weapons like spears as staves as a form of protection, but again it depends on the opponent's weapon. You're not going to get very far using a spear as a staff if your opponent is using a stabbing weapon as opposed to a slashing weapon (i.e. dagger versus sword).

Meh, ultimately I guess I'm just a roleplaying damaged for knowing these things :/

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post

What is this? New and improved Diet-Troll? Same troll taste now with fewer ad-hominems? Careful, you are becoming dangerously close to making logical arguments as to why you hate on bleach...

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    In a word yes. He is saying that the worst case scenario would be if Soul Society had known about Ginjo's whereabouts and what he was up to but deliberately refrained from mentioning it to Ichigo. This would suggest that Soul Society had a vested interest in keeping tabs on Ginjou yet keeping Ichigo in the dark about him. And in case anyone missed the obvious hint, this is probably a big fat foreshadowing suggesting that this is exactly what has gone down.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVD View Post
    With all this i remember something, maybe its connected here maybe its not but i read a couple of theories in other forums regarding the connection of the substitute shinigami's and the bodies in syazel octava espada's laboratory that mayuri found.

Yes, some people think that those mystery bodies that kubo keeps its identity secret are substitute shinigamis that aizen captured and experimented/studied on in order to have more knowledge about them or help him attain his "transcendental" goal, that is why he once mentioned to ichigo that he is his greatest "Specimen", meaning ichigo must be the perfect and most suitable entity and the previous ones that he studied if indeed those are the bodies of Sub shinigamis are just failures good only for dissecting.

Now i believe that ginjou can be trace back to aizen, what if he escape captive somehow, along time ago when aizen was still captain of the 5th squad and appealed to gotei13 that aizen is doing such vile research but gote13 ignored him since they are all under the illusion of aizen, this gave ginjou the reason to rebel against gotei13 and vanish of the trace of the earth in order to avoid aizen and plot whatever he is doing now when aizen is out of the game.