Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ark Similarities..? My opinion, your opinion..?

I'd like to discuss about the arc similarities...
    I find it quite annoying that people rant on these similarities....
    There sure are some similarities which i cant deny... but, does that make bleach SUCK..?
    Does it make like Kubo can't make up anything..?

No way...

People complain about the character similarities a lot...

For example

Stark and Shunsui Kyōraku

They both seem lazy, that's just one similarity...
    First of all, Stark is not a flirt towards others... He doesn't give a damn about others and his personality doesn't even look like Shunsui's...

Then there's this old man, we unfortunately don't even know a lot about this dude...
    We can't compare him to Genryusai (1st division captain), because this old guy isn't in charge... Aizen is...

Grimmjow and Zaraki?

No way, only their personalities look alike, more then that Grimmjow is more like a Byakuya person to me, since Grimmjow is the arrancar version as Ichigo's rival, and Byakuya is the shinigami version...

Yoruichi and Halibel?

There's no way they can be compared...

Soifon and Halibel?

LOL, all Kubo did was adding a female espada member into the manga... does that make it a similarity? (+ it would only be a similarity if Halibel was like a fraccion of Nel, which i can't see happening...)

Neliel and Yoruichi?

First of all, Nel didn't choose another form, she got hit by Noitora...
    Nel's personality doesn't even look like Yoruichi's...

Szayel Apporo Grantz and Kurotsuchi?

True, they're both scientists, one is a creep in his normal form, the other is a creep when he transforms...

But... Apporo is a gayish person and Kurotsuchi isn't... (No offence towards gay people)

Also their ways of fighting are not alike...

The save a girl part of soul society and hueco mundo...

okay, that's one similarity, that rukia and inoue both are girls...
    However, Aizen didn't need Rukia for her powers, he sure needs Inoue's though...

I can still see Aizen kidnapping chad for his weird powers, which will be revealed sooner or later.

There's still some to name, but... please take a good look before you call Bleach a shit manga because of some similarities, on first sight they look alike, but if you look further ahead, they differ a lot...

I hope this helps to bring back the love of bleach to some people who havent looked at it this way...

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    I've always saw Grimmjow as the Renji. The first person of strength he runs into, continues to fight and Grimmjow holds some grudge with Ulquiorra who has always seemed like the Byakuya of the arc.

Ulquiorra and Byakuya are the main villains of each arc and are the cold silent type that won't hesitate to kill you.

and I compare Nnoitra to Kenpachi with the whole "try and hit me" thing as well as Nnoitra enjoying fighting and going around looking for people to fight.

Those are really the only similarities I see but I of course have no problem with it since I still enjoy Bleach.

so what? there a several similarities, but bleach is still cool and both fun to read and watch. Its action packed with lots of brawl.

My beef isn't so much with the similarities but with the speed of the manga. Things are progressing far too slowly which makes me believe that maybe this part of the manga hasn't been thought out completely yet and so their trying to buy time which will make the manga bad if they don't take the proper time to think things through and make sure the manga flows well. Theres only so much you can do on improvisation.

I think Halibel is more like Unohana, quiet with a sneaking suspition that shes more powerful than we will ever know.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    My beef isn't so much with the similarities but with the speed of the manga. Things are progressing far too slowly which makes me believe that maybe this part of the manga hasn't been thought out completely yet and so their trying to buy time which will make the manga bad if they don't take the proper time to think things through and make sure the manga flows well. Theres only so much you can do on improvisation.
    Manga progressing slowly... that’s true... but only because the fighting has been shown in detail, the detail takes up a few pages and there are only a limited number of pages in each chapter anyway if I remember correctly.

In a way I kind of prefer it when the manga slows down a bit, that's because I watch the anime as well and when a fight is depicted in great detail in the manga it usually turns out to be a really good anime ep, then again that's probably because I’m the average stereotypical guy.... I’m all to see the story... but too much drama bores me and I’m always in the mood to watch a good fight.

As for similarities... when you seriously think about it I’m yet to find one... rather than really stupid obvious things like Grimjaw being the new rival, and Ulquiorra being the strong silent type who's standing in ichigo's way and the fact that they’ve gone to HM to rescue a female. Stupid things like “oh there’s an old guy! There was one in SS too!! That means Tite Kubo is running out of ideas!!” is complete bull. Would you rather HM be full of little children who run around, dance and sing with the fairies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Would you rather HM be full of little children who run around, dance and sing with the fairies?
    ^ yes, yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by moronic_badger
    and I compare Nnoitra to Kenpachi with the whole "try and hit me" thing as well as Nnoitra enjoying fighting and going around looking for people to fight.
    personally I don't think noitora is like kenpachi, noitora is the type who watches two people fight, then jumps out behind one of them, do a sneak attack, then claim the victory, kenpachi is the type to watch two people fight, wait until a winner emerged and then openly challenge the winner.

Well yeah there are similarities. You can always find similarities if you look hard enough. Also, keep in mind, Kubo may be setting up the manga chiastically on purpose. Milton did it with Paradise Lost, but that doesn't mean it isn't good.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    kenpachi is the type to watch two people fight, wait until a winner emerged and then openly challenge the winner.
    Kenpachi is the type who sees two guys fight and attack both on handicap...

There aren't so many ark similarities and besides I don't think those that are are such a disgrace or something and most are almost inevitable ie. Szayel Aporro with the Kurotsuchi - first things first they're personalities ain't so alike and of course they are both mad scientists but on those kind of organizations I would be surprised if there weren't a mad scientist trying to chop everything studied down.
    Or Stark with the 8th captain the only thing that could be similar is that one is plain lazy and the other appears to be (since we only saw him sleeping doesn't man is a lazy guy)

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    Kenpachi is the type who sees two guys fight and attack both on handicap...

There aren't so many ark similarities and besides I don't think those that are are such a disgrace or something and most are almost inevitable ie. Szayel Aporro with the Kurotsuchi - first things first they're personalities ain't so alike and of course they are both mad scientists but on those kind of organizations I would be surprised if there weren't a mad scientist trying to chop everything studied down.
    Or Stark with the 8th captain the only thing that could be similar is that one is plain lazy and the other appears to be (since we only saw him sleeping doesn't man is a lazy guy)
    you could actually see Captain Shunsui Kyoraku as lazy, but it seems more likes a bit of peace and quiet

Girl gets kidnapped -> Ichigo goes off to new and scary place full of enemies to save girl -> allies 'unexpectedly' show up to help -> the group gets split up -> they show off their new powers -> Chad gets owned (Poor Chad) -> Ichigo gets owned -> Ichigo makes a comeback -> Ichigo wins -> Ichigo gets owned by someone else -> a supery-dupery-strong woman saves the day.

Could that be why people talk about arc similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident