Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    This is probably my favorite manga at the moment as well. I do agree with you all about the disspointment of the whole magic elements thing though, Shierke just makes it all seem too cheesy and over-powered..

i don't think the magic thing is bad ... it seems somehow natural; i couldn't see Gatz beating the 5 God Hand had things stayed the same

A friend got me into this manga a few weeks ago and so far I read up to the 25th volume. The first three volumes were horrible and almost made me give up on Berserk, but it gets much better after that. I love the series and it's great and all, but i don't understand why people rank this manga so high and some even go as far as calling it the best manga ever. No where near the title IMO.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

i think the reason why the manga is so highly esteemed is because it's pretty original, has a great storyline, and people can relate to it. it's just like romeo and juliet it has the right mix of action, violence, drama, and romance. it's also has a philosophical aspect to it. when you read the manga you start to ask yourself questions and you put yourself in the characters shoes and try to see if you were in that situation would you have made such a decision. one of the important question the manga brings up is what are you willing to sacrifice for your dream. in several situations we see what people have done to achieve their dream. in the case of griffith he didn't care if his men who entrusted their lives to him in order for him to become great were sacrificed like pigs. he offered their bodies and souls to the godhand just to achieve his dream. his men had dreams and hopes but he trampled on their aspirations in order to attain his. another important thing the manga raises is fate. according to the manga god is the one who decides the fates of everyone and he was the one who paved the way for griffith to become the fifth godhand yet ironically god is man created. so now the reader ask him/herself who controls fate the characters or god. that's one of the important philosophical aspects of the manga. so the philosophy, action, drama etc of the manga is what makes people love it so much because the manga makes you relate to the story.

p.s: i hope i didn't piss anyone off becuz the stuff i wrote is full of spoilers.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

One of my favorite manga. Great storyline and action/fight scenes. Art work is great. Most read manga.

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    A friend got me into this manga a few weeks ago and so far I read up to the 25th volume. The first three volumes were horrible and almost made me give up on Berserk, but it gets much better after that. I love the series and it's great and all, but i don't understand why people rank this manga so high and some even go as far as calling it the best manga ever. No where near the title IMO.
    For one, its epic in scope. No, make that Epic. If you're a fan of books like LoTR, the Wheel of Time series and other such, you'll know what I mean by Epic. Another reason could be that its one of those classic tragedies. Look at Gatsu, he's strong in every sense and makes for a great protagonist, and he meets life head on - but that doesn't stop fate from kicking him in the balls. :smile The harder he struggles, the more he keeps getting beaten. And then there's the backdrop, Medieval Europe-like with a Marauding Asian-like Army on the scene, and a Religious alliance trying to exert influence. Cue Attila the Hun, Romans, the Catholic Church anyone?

Berserk is definitely the most beautiful manga I have read so far. I just started half a year ago.

Bringing us to whats going on at hand, at this point I'm not entirely sure Gutts will restore Casca's memory. Otherwise why would the Skull Night have mentioned the possibility of her not wanting to remember what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Berserk is definitely the most beautiful manga I have read so far. I just started half a year ago.

Bringing us to whats going on at hand, at this point I'm not entirely sure Gutts will restore Casca's memory. Otherwise why would the Skull Night have mentioned the possibility of her not wanting to remember what happened?
    i agree with you. when the skull knight said that i'll admit i was a bit sad cuz i was thinking now gatts is probably not gonna bring back casca's memory.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Right now, that is the plot motivation. I don't see what else would drive Gattsu (and the plot) forward other than this motive.

Banned
    berserk is my #1 or #2 manga of all time. awesomeness personafied.

the anime is good too though u cant knock it, it just had a bad ending lol