Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 640
  1. #581
    Now talking about true names... We don't have much information yet about Guts parents. I've got a feeling that Guts isn't pure human as well. One possible theory, if he is indeed not pure human, is that he is half-werewolf and half human, since berserk warriors in the past used wolf skin as part of their armors. Going along to this theory, he might discover it when he reached the island of the elves. I think it would be cool to see a werewolf in that black armor wielding a gigantic sword. Fan art, anyone? hihi This upgrade would also allow him to fight toe-to-toe with Griffith.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  2. #582
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,545
    I don't like the idea of him not being a full blooded human. In fact I hate the whole berserk armor thingy. Apostles had always put humans as a weak race and just there for them to feast on. Guts is there to prove them wrong and it would be tinted if he actually has powers not coming from just being human.

    sig made by me

  3. #583
    I think what makes Human strong is there potential of being able to co-exist with each other and other beings and their willpower(e.g the Alliance during world war two). The opposite of it is also what makes them really evil (e.g. Hitler). So Guts, say half human and half mythical, doesn't diminish his humanity, but in my opinion, It strengthens it. Because in the end, it is his human side that will further amplify more his strength.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  4. #584
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,688

    Claymore

    Since he's back to his old habits of semi releases I reread the entire series again!


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ Technically she is a half mermaird.


    This being Berserk, you would think that the author would use the evil mermaids (with are the real mermaids and not the Ariel-like storys ;p), but then there wouldn't be enough good creatures beside the fairies and probably neutral dragons (but who knows ?).



    Speaking of dragons, I wonder when they will come for the one who wields the dragonslayer, or at least see Guts fighting a real dragon, unless they are the smart magical ones, that know that only blood (?) is on the blade and not on it's wielder (Maybe we will get a Sigfried character ;D).


    Anyway, the gang still misses the earth type companion, maybe Kaska will be one, or the moustache guy ?

    BTW. I could get some names wrong ;P.
    Evil mermaids ? You mean like sirens or something? We been shown Dragons already when Fantasia light explosion weird creepyness Griffith/Femto related dark age crap happen. I'm just hoping they are just Dragons if we are shown more and not demons...like the first Dragonic Apostle we been shown I was disappointed it was a demon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Was that mind or sound attack ?
    Imo looked like a sound attack, some sort of pulse maybe? It would make more sense with the creatures from the deep than a mind attack.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    True names, eh ? Kukukuku, does it mean that Guts may transform in to a real wolf, or a werewolf ? (in the future, by the curse of licantrophy ? ). This could work, as original berserks wore wolf skins to gain their strenght, some legends say that by dresing in a wolf skin they could transform in to the legendary beasts, called werewolves, or wolf gods (although this one was supposed to be white or silver).
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    Now talking about true names... We don't have much information yet about Guts parents. I've got a feeling that Guts isn't pure human as well. One possible theory, if he is indeed not pure human, is that he is half-werewolf and half human, since berserk warriors in the past used wolf skin as part of their armors. Going along to this theory, he might discover it when he reached the island of the elves. I think it would be cool to see a werewolf in that black armor wielding a gigantic sword. Fan art, anyone? hihi This upgrade would also allow him to fight toe-to-toe with Griffith.
    Gut's a pure human making him not one is like the author himself destroying the main character of this manga. His mother shiva? Think that was her name,was a crazy in the head(because she had a miss carriage before having Guts) Gambino his father who he himself didn't even know ife he was the father was just a human mercenary.

    Also agree above I don't like hte berserker armor at all either, think it looks stupid too.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Gut's a pure human making him not one is like the author himself destroying the main character of this manga. His mother shiva? Think that was her name,was a crazy in the head(because she had a miss carriage before having Guts) Gambino his father who he himself didn't even know ife he was the father was just a human mercenary.
    Also agree above I don't like hte berserker armor at all either, think it looks stupid too.
    Shisu and Gambino aren't Guts biological parents. Shiva found baby Guts on the ground, under his mother who was hang on a tree. I think Guts was born prematurely.

    Spoiler!



    Spoiler!


    I'm sure there would be a flashback as to what actually happened to Guts parents.
    Yeah, I would like it more if Guts fights those apostle with no magical upgrades at all, but reality sucks. There is no ways Guts would be able to defeat Griffith and the Apostles without any magical upgrades. Well, as long as it isn't demonic in nature and doesn't make him sell his soul or give up his humanity, then I'm fine with it.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  6. #586
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    Shisu and Gambino aren't Guts biological parents. Shiva found baby Guts on the ground, under his mother who was hang on a tree. I think Guts was born prematurely.

    Spoiler!



    Spoiler!


    I'm sure there would be a flashback as to what actually happened to Guts parents.
    Yeah, I would like it more if Guts fights those apostle with no magical upgrades at all, but reality sucks. There is no ways Guts would be able to defeat Griffith and the Apostles without any magical upgrades. Well, as long as it isn't demonic in nature and doesn't make him sell his soul or give up his humanity, then I'm fine with it.
    I read it differently, that he was born there by Shizu your second picture even says in his mothers blood. Which is what happens when they give birth especially back in those days without the medical care we have today. If you read up ahead one of the soldiers even ask Gambino if that's his kid. Showing Shizu gave birth to Guts to me but looking at the picture he was born from this mother that was hanged. But even then still proves he's Human because the soldiers still said that comment. So that women and those others hanged must of been part of their group or people they just captured and killed and raped. I don't recall any flashback showing Guts parents besides Shizu and Gambino. Shizu died from the plague or some rare disease and Gambino was killed by Guts. Also it's quite obvious Guts will defeat Griffith with his bare human strength in the end regardless of how many magical upgrades he gets. Although opinionated I can't see it happening any other way.

  7. #587
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    Shisu and Gambino aren't Guts biological parents. Shiva found baby Guts on the ground, under his mother who was hang on a tree. I think Guts was born prematurely.

    Spoiler!



    Spoiler!


    I'm sure there would be a flashback as to what actually happened to Guts parents.
    Yeah, I would like it more if Guts fights those apostle with no magical upgrades at all, but reality sucks. There is no ways Guts would be able to defeat Griffith and the Apostles without any magical upgrades. Well, as long as it isn't demonic in nature and doesn't make him sell his soul or give up his humanity, then I'm fine with it.
    He was born, from a women who was already dead... this is the first statement of his will to live, with later he will prove it again and again, through his whole life. Rather than a demon, he would be more like a zombie/undead ;P.

    Guts is no longer a normal human(if he ever was). He is a being who was once a human, but now stands on the border of life and death.
    The other thing to be considered a prove that Guts is not a normal human, is when he was replenished/healed the moment the fantasia was reborn (all magic and magic creatures came back).

    He already has a berserk armor, so it's possible he won't have anything new, or rather he could gate a new berserk armor, made from alpha wolf's skin, made by dwarfs, as this one wasn't made for him.

    It's possible that at the final battle, his son, who's parents are a high ranking members of the hawk and who was spiritually touched (lol) by the leader of hawk, will enter Gut's armor and transform it, into the white hawk armor.

  8. #588
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,545
    It would be nice to see Guts parents background story but there's a possibility that it won't be shown, you know just to put some mystery out there. To me though it doesn't really matter.

    I actually believe that Guts could beat Griffith or any apostles out there if Kentaro chooses to. I mean if Guts kills enough apostles that his sword could cut through anything evil. He would be like Samurai Jack. In contrast with the berserk armor I totally like how he manage to get that power to some extent. Guts power comes from hardwork and willpower and his sword personifies that (same reason why I hate the berserk armor, it's just a gift for instant power up). He mold that sword to what it is today. Physical strength won't be a big problem too. Just look back at how he fought Oz then and just recently. The improvements were immense.

    Since it's been a while when we had our realease I'm just gonna say that ever since Guts had a new set of companions, the manga started to suck a little. His companions shouldn't be alive anymore considering what have they have fought (except for the little witch).

    sig made by me

  9. #589
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    It would be nice to see Guts parents background story but there's a possibility that it won't be shown, you know just to put some mystery out there. To me though it doesn't really matter.

    I actually believe that Guts could beat Griffith or any apostles out there if Kentaro chooses to. I mean if Guts kills enough apostles that his sword could cut through anything evil. He would be like Samurai Jack. In contrast with the berserk armor I totally like how he manage to get that power to some extent. Guts power comes from hardwork and willpower and his sword personifies that (same reason why I hate the berserk armor, it's just a gift for instant power up). He mold that sword to what it is today. Physical strength won't be a big problem too. Just look back at how he fought Oz then and just recently. The improvements were immense.

    Since it's been a while when we had our realease I'm just gonna say that ever since Guts had a new set of companions, the manga started to suck a little. His companions shouldn't be alive anymore considering what have they have fought (except for the little witch).
    And the wind fencer, that guy is pretty smart and skilled too, plus he has wind powers. IRC, the little witch said that he was ready to go to another level with cooperation/control with/of the wind spirits.

    He was paid to release a few chapters in a short time (for Berserk that is ;p), to promote the anime.

  10. #590
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    He was born, from a women who was already dead... this is the first statement of his will to live, with later he will prove it again and again, through his whole life. Rather than a demon, he would be more like a zombie/undead ;P.

    Guts is no longer a normal human(if he ever was). He is a being who was once a human, but now stands on the border of life and death.
    The other thing to be considered a prove that Guts is not a normal human, is when he was replenished/healed the moment the fantasia was reborn (all magic and magic creatures came back).

    He already has a berserk armor, so it's possible he won't have anything new, or rather he could gate a new berserk armor, made from alpha wolf's skin, made by dwarfs, as this one wasn't made for him.

    It's possible that at the final battle, his son, who's parents are a high ranking members of the hawk and who was spiritually touched (lol) by the leader of hawk, will enter Gut's armor and transform it, into the white hawk armor.
    What?

    Alright if you guys want to get technical, obviously Guts was never a "normal" human we all knew this since the beginning of the series you can clearly see that. But he was born from humans not anything else thats the point. He's branded, those that means he has powers? It's more like a curse his sword seems to have some sort of power now though since its been slicing so many demons. Remember the little witch girl talking about it when Guts got that injury from Slan after fighting those trolls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    And the wind fencer, that guy is pretty smart and skilled too, plus he has wind powers. IRC, the little witch said that he was ready to go to another level with cooperation/control with/of the wind spirits.

    He was paid to release a few chapters in a short time (for Berserk that is ;p), to promote the anime.
    So back to his regular semi annual releases...ah great...

Similar Threads

  1. [MANGA] Berserk reviewed by K-oz
    By K-oz in forum Graveyard
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
  2. Berserk 290 by Franky House
    By Mooncrow in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. Berserk 289 by Franky House
    By Angelz in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •