Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 642
  1. #541
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorlianis View Post
    Griffith may not look as bad as he really is but don't mistake his good outshine, i don't know what he's exactly planning but what Miura tried to portray with the recent focus on Griffith is to make us all think he actually could be a good guy. I very much doubt this "alliance" between the humans and the demons will last for very long, never once have demons shown to be with a single grain of goodness (except maybe Skull knight but we know way to little about that guy) so before you know it Griffith will be changing the entire world.... and not for the better.

    Don't forget the other God Hand are out there as well by the way, i find it amusing that Griffith flaunts his grandness so much while the others stay in the shadows plotting.

    Griffith is greedy and impatient i believe his little "adventure" with Charlotte in the Golden age has shown us that. His Band of the Hawk also does not really seem the bunch either to settle down for peace.

    No, we(readers) actually know some things about the Skull Knight.

    The first thing, he is a human, a branded one, the same as Gutts and Caska.
    His armor was blessed by the fairy king (probably ;P, the armor certainly posses fairy powers, as Puk said) and his time was frozen probably by the witch (the same as her own was).
    He once wore the berserk armor.
    In the past, he might have been that great king who loved his skull helmet (somehow, I have a feeling that the warrior in the skull helmet (later known as Skull knight) and the king weren't the same person).
    He was branded (probably) by the Void (the brain godhand, who was once a magician, or the skull king himself, it's a guess). His relationship with Zod is still not known well(beside that they fought many time and that Zod consider him a worthy oponent(and probably is a reason why he still fights humans, to find one as strong as he (with is Gutts ;P)), he might have met him after being branded, before, or Zod was the one who branded the Skull Knight (with I doubt).

  2. #542
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,709
    ^ You just recently read Berserk and retain all this. Nice job, my memory isn't that good. Knowing that all those facts are spread out through the manga as well in tid bits since the Skull night when he does appear doesn't get much panel time anyways. He comes and goes quickly.

    I see the Skull knight, Zodd and Schierke's master the witch being part of a group back in the days when they were just humans. Like Guts group now, well maybe not Zod. Zod is just Zod.

  3. #543
    Regular Member Vorlianis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    The God Hand consider Griffith their king by the way. They see him as what their prophecy is the coming of the dark ages. Which is what Zero mentioned Fantasia merging with the Human world. All the new starting changes were clearly shown during the first arc with Schierke.

    Griffith seems like a good idol to look up to for the people but they don't realize that the demons aren't really settling for harmony amongst the humans. I wouldn't be surprise when he finally takes the thrown all hell will really start breaking lose. (Which should be shown soon) I think it Guts will hear about this incident once he passes the sea to the Elven place.

    What I'm hoping for is this happens when Caska get's her mind back if she does. The group will focus on the sole goal of over throwing Griffith. This will fix Guts constant quarreling with himself on whether to go after him or ignore him. Since his friends around him will help him out.
    Question is will Caska be able to face the reality once they somehow cure her? I believe she will but Miura is a little surprising at that point. He isn't exactly known for mercy towards his characters.

    Also don't forget God is still in hell and since his scene with Griffith has been excluded from the volumes the dialogue still can be retconned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    No, we(readers) actually know some things about the Skull Knight.

    The first thing, he is a human, a branded one, the same as Gutts and Caska.
    His armor was blessed by the fairy king (probably ;P, the armor certainly posses fairy powers, as Puk said) and his time was frozen probably by the witch (the same as her own was).
    He once wore the berserk armor.
    In the past, he might have been that great king who loved his skull helmet (somehow, I have a feeling that the warrior in the skull helmet (later known as Skull knight) and the king weren't the same person).
    He was branded (probably) by the Void (the brain godhand, who was once a magician, or the skull king himself, it's a guess). His relationship with Zod is still not known well(beside that they fought many time and that Zod consider him a worthy oponent(and probably is a reason why he still fights humans, to find one as strong as he (with is Gutts ;P)), he might have met him after being branded, before, or Zod was the one who branded the Skull Knight (with I doubt).
    Actually alot of that is speculation, never has he said that he is a branded one, the armour thing is possible but i don't like speculating on things we have to little knowledge of wich fairy king is, certainly haven't heard anything of the witch freezing time, that king being Skull knight has been heavily hinted upon unless Miura decides otherwise he very likely is.

    To much is unknown about him to be absolutely sure what he exactly is. A former god hand? Perhaps even a soul that broke free from hell.
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic139471_1.gif
    Don't be a cocky bastard....check out Toriko! http://www.mangareader.net/349/toriko.html

  4. #544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    369
    Where do you get the notion the God Hand's see Femto (Griffith) as their King? Those other four never gave that impression to me. Now, several Apostles came to Griffith and willingly fought for him...are you referring to them?

    The other four God Hands (Slan, Void, Ubrik, and Conrad) consider Femto their equal...their comrade.

    http://www.haven-reader.net/index.ph...ge=2&next=true

  5. #545
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorlianis View Post
    Question is will Caska be able to face the reality once they somehow cure her? I believe she will but Miura is a little surprising at that point. He isn't exactly known for mercy towards his characters.

    Also don't forget God is still in hell and since his scene with Griffith has been excluded from the volumes the dialogue still can be retconned.



    Actually alot of that is speculation, never has he said that he is a branded one, the armour thing is possible but i don't like speculating on things we have to little knowledge of wich fairy king is, certainly haven't heard anything of the witch freezing time, that king being Skull knight has been heavily hinted upon unless Miura decides otherwise he very likely is.

    To much is unknown about him to be absolutely sure what he exactly is. A former god hand? Perhaps even a soul that broke free from hell.
    No, the places where there isn't any "probably" or "it's a guess" aren't speculations, but manga facts. He certainly is a branded one (the Witch asked him once: "Did you help him from pitty, because he is the same as you, a branded one ? or was it because you intend to use him ?"). He wore the berserk armor (he said it himself). His Skull Knight armor contains fairy's power, or just magic, as Puk said that Witch's forset had similar aura to fairy's power/powder as well).

    Those below are speculations.
    He himself said that he is old friends with the Witch and she said that her freezing her own time, was already a grave sin or something (I'm not sure if she used her own powers, or not, but if he is as old as her, or as that skull king, then his time had to be frozen, unless he isn't a human anymore (it's about the question he asked Gutts, when he was talking about the berserk armor). The fact that after entering the godhand's dimension, he first attacked Void, seems to be an indicator that he is like Griffith for Gutts. He fought with Zod many times and Zod said (when first introduced) that the last time he had a worthy fight with a human was a few(?) hundred years ago, unless he doesn't consider him a human anymore (especially him in the berserk armor).



    @ Moork, all of the godhands, are considered demon kings, they themself called Griffith that and yes Griffith is equal to them, though the oldest one is probably Void. As you have seen, in the moment of fantasia creation, all of them were leading an army of creatures.

  6. #546
    Regular Member Vorlianis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    120
    ^ I'll reread those parts and get back to you tomorrow on that.
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic139471_1.gif
    Don't be a cocky bastard....check out Toriko! http://www.mangareader.net/349/toriko.html

  7. #547
    -Midland is kinda similar to middlearth after the Elves left for the West. And that was the beginning of the Age of Man. The mangaka must have got some little inspiration from Lord of the Rings.

    -What if Griffith's minions has already reached the Elf islands and war already broke loss. He seems to be targetting magical beings. It was said that one magical being is a bigger threat than a thousand army.

    - For me Griffith is like the anti-christ, he'll fool and decieved people, making them believe that he's the savior, the messiah when in fact he'll be the one to usher the dark ages.

    -I wonder on what spiritual dimension the gods, whom the witches call onto to cast the magical light barrier, reside in? Are they on the same level as the Heart God to which Griffith got his power from?

    - I actually can't imagine Caska going back to her senses. How would she deal and cope with those traumatic and recurring images of being gang rape by demons? Regressing into a childlike behavior is already a coping mechanism itself. Well, if she did come back to her senses, I can see her going berserk like guts does everytime she sees demons.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

  8. #548
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    369
    Well, Caska was only raped by Griffith, but that hardly detracts from your point.

    Personally, I definitely see Caska coming back to her senses, and then we'll have a replay of this scene:

    http://www.haven-reader.net/index.ph...e=17&next=true

    Gutts will try to convince her to keep going, that he needs her with him. and he'll probably threaten to kill himself if she goes through with it. That threat will stop her.

    Anyway, that's how I see this going down.

  9. #549
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Moork View Post
    Well, Caska was only raped by Griffith, but that hardly detracts from your point.

    Personally, I definitely see Caska coming back to her senses, and then we'll have a replay of this scene:

    http://www.haven-reader.net/index.ph...e=17&next=true

    Gutts will try to convince her to keep going, that he needs her with him. and he'll probably threaten to kill himself if she goes through with it. That threat will stop her.

    Anyway, that's how I see this going down.
    Actually Caska got raped by many demons, Griffith was just the last one (in a way he saved her life, because she was about to be pierced by one of the demons...).

    It realy depends on what she will remember. The first question she may ask Gutts, may be: "do you know what happened to our child ?". From what I understood, she was already pregnant before she got raped by Femto and his minions (because demons can't have children, they can only change them to monsters).

    It is possible that she will try to take her life, because of what happened and the fact that they will probably be near water (they are traveling to an island after all), but if she will remember that her child is alive, then she might not do that. She may go after Griffith for revenge or to save her child, one or the other way, she will probably end up in falconia, unable to kill him.

  10. #550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    369
    No...only Griffith raped Caska. Here's the scene you're thinking of:

    http://www.haven-reader.net/index.ph...e=22&next=true

    They tore off her clothes and scratched her up, but they didn't rape her. She likely would've died if they actually had raped her, given the level of brutality they visited upon everyone else. Given how all these events during the Festival were happpening simultaneously, Griffith did in fact save her from getting raped/gutted/etc as his awakening stopped the demons all in their tracks.

    Also, Caska didn't know she was pregnant before the Festival. She may not even know she's given birth, given her state of mind when it actually happened. I'm not sure how she'll eventually find out, whether she will remember it or Gutts will tell her (if he does, will he tell her what the Skull Knight told him?). Either way, Caska WILL rememeber Griffith raping her, and will likely attempt suicide.

Similar Threads

  1. [MANGA] Berserk reviewed by K-oz
    By K-oz in forum Graveyard
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
  2. Berserk 290 by Franky House
    By Mooncrow in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. Berserk 289 by Franky House
    By Angelz in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •