Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 640
  1. #421
    Believe it! Ndes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany, near Cologne
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    What the fucking shit was with those unicorns. I don't care about Unicorns. I don't care about countless chapters that are just 2-page spreads of no-name Apostles and the giant body. I cared moderately about Skull Knight's appearance, but seriously, would it kill this manga to have more dialogue?

    Where the FUCK is Guts anyway? Speed this shit up and get back to him.

    The Golden Age arc was amazing. Stuff after it held out for a bit, until it got to the Emperor crap.

    This manga has lost steam, imo. Needs more Caska-rape to recharge itself, that usually works. Or Guts could at least do something cool, like shout, "IM ON A BOAT!"
    you are just impatient. when this story is finished it will be nothing short of a masterpiece.
    The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

  2. #422
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndes View Post
    you are just impatient. when this story is finished it will be nothing short of a masterpiece.


    but havent u noticed how detailed and perfect berserk was with alot of dialog? now its worse tha nbleach....

  3. #423
    Believe it! Ndes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany, near Cologne
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    but havent u noticed how detailed and perfect berserk was with alot of dialog? now its worse tha nbleach....
    if there were 5 chapters of berserk per week, you wouldn't be saying that. the story is just told slowlier with more attention to art. that doesn't mean the story is sucking like bleach with "a vs b, c vs d, e vs f, etc".
    The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

  4. #424
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndes View Post
    if there were 5 chapters of berserk per week, you wouldn't be saying that. the story is just told slowlier with more attention to art. that doesn't mean the story is sucking like bleach with "a vs b, c vs d, e vs f, etc".
    that chapter abslutely have 0 info...

  5. #425
    Persona Lover Wizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    that chapter abslutely have 0 info...
    What? The fact that it shows monters rampaging at the end is not an info.? That's the new world Griffith will make(probably), although we already predicted that many months before.

  6. #426
    Senior Member Whitebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    that chapter abslutely have 0 info...

    Grow up and pick up this story again in 3 years. Maybe you'll get it then.

  7. #427
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,398
    Berserk is and always will be nothing short of a masterpiece in my book, but it's definately lost its stride lately, in my mind. I can put up with short chapters, but these have just been nothing but the mangaka showing off his ability to draw 2-page spreads of the same damn things countless times for months on end.

    The dialogue was part of what made Berserk amazing, and it's been missing longer than just the last few chapters; Berserk has had less and less dialogue since the first Eclipse. It was still good for a long time, and the action scenes kept it energetic. Now even the action scenes are gone, replaced by epic 2-page spreads that tell absolutely nothing about the story.

    I get that it'll look better when I see it in manga form, but I DON'T get why we need to see the same 2-page spreads every chapter, the same stupid apostles doing absolutely nothing, and then get force-fed some fucking unicorns and monsters while getting a lame teaser with Guts (who feels less and less like a main character in this series).

  8. #428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Berserk is and always will be nothing short of a masterpiece in my book, but it's definately lost its stride lately, in my mind. I can put up with short chapters, but these have just been nothing but the mangaka showing off his ability to draw 2-page spreads of the same damn things countless times for months on end.

    The dialogue was part of what made Berserk amazing, and it's been missing longer than just the last few chapters; Berserk has had less and less dialogue since the first Eclipse. It was still good for a long time, and the action scenes kept it energetic. Now even the action scenes are gone, replaced by epic 2-page spreads that tell absolutely nothing about the story.

    I get that it'll look better when I see it in manga form, but I DON'T get why we need to see the same 2-page spreads every chapter, the same stupid apostles doing absolutely nothing, and then get force-fed some fucking unicorns and monsters while getting a lame teaser with Guts (who feels less and less like a main character in this series).
    Berserk is really the type of manga that you have to read a volume at a time, just going chapter by chapter is extremely frustrating and it makes it very hard to truly experience it. I actually re-read Berserk start to finish almost every year and every time I appreciate little subtleties that I had either missed or that only became apparent in light of the most recent events.

    Berserk has and probably always will be the standard by which I judge everything else and so far no other manga I have read measures up. There are other Manga like Claymore and Vinland Saga that compare to one aspect of Berserk fairly well but none match its depth and intricacy on all levels. I often read complaints about how the series has changed over time but the way I see it, it has just evolved. Berserk has done what many other Manga's seem afraid to do, it has shown its characters almost totally transform. Not only the characters but the world as well and yet it has done it in a way that makes sense. It is not often that a series kills off a huge portion of its cast quite late in the series and has the female lead lose her mind (especially not for most of the series). Berserk has taken risks but most importantly it has remained sincere to its story.

    My only major complaint with Berserk is that it doesn't come out nearly fast enough.

  9. #429
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    lol unicorns.



    we do need moar rape, for shur


    and on a less serious note, da fucks going on with big emporer dude? when is griffith and gutts going to get it on.....

    i dont mind the magic, fairies, fairies that rape and kill, but a few chapters of nothing but a big guy and all his little minions getting stomped on gets a lil old
    Spoiler!

  10. #430
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,937
    omfg 306 is even shorter O_o

Similar Threads

  1. [MANGA] Berserk reviewed by K-oz
    By K-oz in forum Graveyard
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
  2. Berserk 290 by Franky House
    By Mooncrow in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. Berserk 289 by Franky House
    By Angelz in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •