Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tower of God ~ SIU

This thread is about anything pertaining to Tower of God, theories or discussion.

If you have never heard of this you don't know what your missing, its a Manhwa (meaning its from Korea not Japan). It came out in 2010, and with 61 chapters up it updates regularly.

The story is about a boy named Twenty-Fifth Baam, who for his whole life, lived in a dark solitary cave of sorts - with 1 small light hole in the ceiling, after years of loneliness he decided to see what the light was, after gathering rocks to make a pile tall enough to reach the light he learned that there was large stone blocking the way, he could not go above into the light.

After giving up all hope he laid there sulking when a miracle happened, the stone which was blocking his path was moved, there he seen the first person he had ever seen, a girl named Lahel.

Lahel taught Baam how to speak, how to read, and most of all how to feel - explaining the tower to him, and how she had always wanted to see the stars which could only be seen from the top of the tower, and one day, when the tower had chosen her, she decided leave Baam and climb.

Although Baam, only wanting to be with Lahel decided to follow her, though the tower hadn't chosen him - he opened the door to the tower becoming an 'Irregular'. Now Baam following Lahel must learn the secrets to the tower, and stay true to himself while going through challenges on each floor - it won't be easy however.. One thing is certain...

What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, that is here. Tower of God.
    Last edited by Airicks; 09-04-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

I just saw the latest chapter of this Manhwa at mangareader, and decided to read because the title seems to be intriguing.... didn't regret it at all. And when I check mangashare, you made a thread about it. Amazing coincidence. Say, It's a totally different experience of reading comics. Kinda like watching a flash-made comics. It kinda reminds me of the HunterXHunter during its early days. What I like more about it.... it's colored!!!! I highly recommend this manga..... Like what Airicks said.... You don't what you've been missing till you read it...
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Wow, just beat me by a couple of days to start a thread on this series. Was waiting till this next probable release Wednesday, so more people might get a better chance to see it. Still cool that others enjoy this series either way.

Yes a great series and like Monte. Teacher pointed out, very reminiscent of HXH during the good times with nothing but the promise of slowly getting even better.

And totally wasn't surprised by the way Baam pulled off the seemingly impossible move with only a little bit of error in speed. It might be a bit interesting to watch things from the "automatic genius"/ Sasuke main character POV if they're as still maintaining their goodness/ niceness like Baam. Will also be nice to see his progress till he's equal or greater than at the level of the battle we got the inkling of from the 2 higher-ups couple chapters ago.

Any1 else seemingly disappointed that the blond floor overseer or w. e. you call it sorta joined the conspiracy to hold Baam back?

This too me is in the group with The Breaker, and Veritas, Trace of Manwha/ Web comics that if you have a prejudice against all manwhas/ web comics, you should just ignore it and read them anyway, otherwise you seriously miss out.

Airicks you said there's 62 chapters, mangareader.net so far has only gone to 61. Where'd you get that last newest chapter?
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Yes a great series and like Monte. Teacher pointed out, very reminiscent of HXH during the good times with nothing but the promise of slowly getting even better.

And totally wasn't surprised by the way Baam pulled off the seemingly impossible move with only a little bit of error in speed. It might be a bit interesting to watch things from the "automatic genius"/ Sasuke main character POV if they're as still maintaining their goodness/ niceness like Baam. Will also be nice to see his progress till he's equal or greater than at the level of the battle we got the inkling of from the 2 higher-ups couple chapters ago.

Any1 else seemingly disappointed that the blond floor overseer or w. e. you call it sorta joined the conspiracy to hold Baam back?

This too me is in the group with The Breaker, and Veritas, Trace of Manwha/ Web comics that if you have a prejudice against all manwhas/ web comics, you should just ignore it and read them anyway, otherwise you seriously miss out.

Airicks you said there's 62 chapters, mangareader.net so far has only gone to 61. Where'd you get that last newest chapter?
    I mistakenly hit 2 instead of 1, can't believe I didn't catch that in the proof read lol - also I wasn't so shocked about the test administrator, I mean Baam is an irregular, even though he is a nice guy the tower is said to change people - so to think they would stop him now isn't that far fetched.

And even though he's a genius wave controller, I love how he's still like.. weak, meaning like in his team he's still probably the most overall weak person (being that the gater and koon are badass lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    I just saw the latest chapter of this Manhwa at mangareader, and decided to read because the title seems to be intriguing .... didn't regret it at all .... It's a totally different experience of reading comics. Kinda like watching a flash-made comics ..... What I like more about it - it's colored!!!! I highly recommend this manga ..... You don't what you've been missing till you read it...
    Also, I love how the chapters are quite large.. like its rare to have a chapter under 25pages, and sometimes they're like 50pages long. not to mention since I begun reading it (about 5-6months ago) I can never remember a weak it didn't release a chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    I just saw the latest chapter of this Manhwa at mangareader, and decided to read because the title seems to be intriguing.... didn't regret it at all. And when I check mangashare, you made a thread about it. Amazing coincidence. Say, It's a totally different experience of reading comics. Kinda like watching a flash-made comics. It kinda reminds me of the HunterXHunter during its early days. What I like more about it.... it's colored!!!! I highly recommend this manga..... Like what Airicks said.... You don't what you've been missing till you read it...
    Same here, this is good read thanks for sharing. Is it monthly or weekly?

Its weekly, I can't remember it taking a break for a week either (61chapters and it came out in mid 2010 I wanna say.)

The latest chapter is out! (And it's 30 page long!!!)

Here's the link:

http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/62

Enjoy!

Off to read it now!!
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Good chapter, though I have a feeling neither of the princesses will win the bet, I can't see anyone but Baam getting the black march back from Anak - also I HIGHLY doubt Androssi will become a slave lol

Can't wait till next chapter.. hopefully Rak (the gator) will get some fighting time

The latest chapter is out! 63

Here's the link:

http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/63

Looks like the princesses are the truly ultimate hardcore to beat. Didn't think they could take it 1 on 1 that easily. Interesting that even with all his talent, yet inexperience; they see Baam as a worthy challenge.

Again, you gotta love, (don't think any other mangaka does this), how it seems like he randomly combines different random shapes to create unique creative creatures and forms. Don't think any1 else could replicate that.

Once again CReeeepppy Goat/ sheep/ evil creature. Thing weirds me out like creepy children are supposed to in movies. Wonder what could be worse than that creature, and how the PTB will make it seem like a random one-of-a-kind chance occurence?
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Chapter 64 is out.

First off, Great chapter

And I must say I love Koon - as soon as that little girl told him about being able to control monsters it looked like he put it all together, Also I'm surprised that creepy sheep guy came out already and told Anak about her mom,I honestly doubt Anak will die here so it seems like the mangaka had a long time to say anything on her back story.

As for Androssi idk how she will free herself, it seemed as if she couldn't just brute her way out of the Bulls hold (idk if I was seeing it wrong or not, but it looked like there were at least 2 Bulls, and 1 of them was huge)

My prediction (probably wrong lol) is that the sheep dude controling the Bulls will try to make Baam choose between saving Androssi or failing the test.