Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Persona Field Day

If you're even a slight fan of Atlus' highly praised Persona series, then you're in for quite a bit of information.

First off, and most importantly, P4P is happening and is titled Persona 4: The Golden. What might irk some people, however, is that it's going to be for Vita. Most likely handheld exclusive. (As if I didn't have enough problems deciding which handheld to pick up between Nintendo and Sony)

Details

- It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version
    - Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.
    - Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities” of PlayStation Vita.

Here's an article from Siilconera for those interested.

A few scans have turned up too, luckily for you rabid Persona fans.

Spoiler!

If anyone's up to the task of translating that be my guest. I have enough trouble with just Hiragana.

In even more surprising news, a new fighting game comprised of Persona characters is in development. The masterminds behind the project? Well besides the usual dream team of Hashino as director, Meguro as composer and Soejima as artist, Atlus has enlisted Arc System Works, the developers behind Blazblue, to handle this project.

Officially titled, "Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena", it's slated for release in Japanese arcades Spring 2012, and then on PS3 and 360 in the summer.

Confirmed characters so far include: P4 Protagonist(Going by his anime alias Yu Narukami) Good ol Brosuke Hanamura, Ms. Meat Lover Chie Satonaka, and Aigis!?! That's right characters from Persona 3 will also be making appearances as playable characters. On an interesting note the game takes place two months after the end of Persona 4, and will serve as a continuation to it's story. The tournament is outrageously enough being hosted by Teddy. BEARY suspicious.

Lastly, the band's back together. Persona 5 will have the same crew behind it as the last two great installments. Always nice to see confirmation that work is being done on the next greatest RPG. Here's hoping TGS gives us official confirmation. Certainly wouldn't doubt it will all the Persona hype going around lately. The new anime seems to be coincidentally placed now doesn't it?

If you can't hold on for all these juicy new installments, Persona 2 Innocent Sin is set to release September 20th for PSP, not even a month away. I'm sure that will help ease some of the pain of having to wait anxiously for this storm of new content.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    damn tri i already wanted to make a new thread but you beat me too it..anyway heres what i got

WHAT THE SHIT

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._developments/

WHAAAAAAT THEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIT

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30...fighting-game/

An Arksys Persona 4 & 3 fighting game that CONTINUES PERSONA 4's STORY

Pictures! via SRK.

Spoiler!

The announcement of the start of development for Persona 5

An enhanced Persona 4 port to PSP Vita

This, coupled with a Persona 4 anime starting in a few weeks

ATLUS.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Sorry Daz, couldn't help myself I was just as excited.

Here are links to the official sites of Persona 4: The Golden and Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena. Too bad there's nothing there yet.

Also here's the first set of screenshots for both Golden and Mayonaka Arena.

Persona 4: The Golden

Spoiler!

New Character Introduction: Marie
    Spoiler!

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Spoiler!

Now for some good old arcade fun. It's the Soul Calibur thread all over again.

Persona 4 G: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Liking the character select screen. Using the arcana cards as character slots is a great design choice. If I'm not mistaken I think a certain Amagi Inn hostess and Biker Gang Beating delinquent are also confirmed by the look of it. Not that I was doubting their inclusion anyways.

Why hello there Mr. Raidou, hey wait a minute when did you get so fuzzy?
    Spoiler!

Personally, I woulda gone with the golf club.
    Spoiler!

TRIAL OF THE DRAGON BITCHES!
    Spoiler!

Let's do this partner.
    Spoiler!

Better watch out for that Orgia Mode.
    Spoiler!

Now I can only wonder who they'll throw at us for an aggravating final boss. Nyx was unkillable and would be pretty cool, just as long as the boss fight isn't as long. Died TWICE man, freakin Junpei.

The Reaper and fights with Igor's attendants would also be beyond the impossible in terms of awesomeness. Or even a fight with Igor himself!

Spoiler!

Is Chie doing God Hand in one of those scans!!????!!!

My heart is not ready for this.

I hope this game has all the persona users from both games.

Akihiko, Chie, Kanji and Koromaru as my mains right now, never going to change that.

The Reaper and fights with Igor's attendants would also be beyond the impossible in terms of awesomeness. Or even a fight with Igor himself!
    OH mANNNNNNN...My heartttttttttttttt...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...
    Pharos,Ryoji, or Maybe Nyx....

I wonder how the DLC of this game will be.

I think it will be characters from persona 1 and 2 and maybe other Shin Megami Tensei games.

but still....

Kind of a shame...Hitler is now "Fuhrer," and he wears Terminator sunglasses.

HOLY HELL! How in the heck did Atlus get away with that. Now if only we could get him into Mayonaka Arena.

Chie's working that God Hand good. I wonder if their Personas will evolve into their advanced forms too? I'm having a hard time deciding who'll be my mains, I love them all SO MUCH! Wouldn't mind maining my Avatar though.

Not only would I enjoy other Persona characters, heck let some guys from Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Devil Survivor join in. I know that's asking a lot, but dang it this game looks freakin awesome!
    Last edited by Trilight; 09-01-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Spoiler!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post

Let's do this partner.
    Spoiler!

Hell yeah I do man. Gimme dat rushdown and I'll do some beautiful things with it.

Coincidentally, Yosuke never left my party. Bros for life. Also, I choose the Persona DISCO NINJA FROG!

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    HOLY HELL! How in the heck did Atlus get away with that. Now if only we could get him into Mayonaka Arena.

Chie's working that God Hand good. I wonder if their Personas will evolve into their advanced forms too? I'm having a hard time deciding who'll be my mains, I love them all SO MUCH! Wouldn't mind maining my Avatar though.

Not only would I enjoy other Persona characters, heck let some guys from Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Devil Survivor join in. I know that's asking a lot, but dang it this game looks freakin awesome!
    Holy Hell
    speaking of innocent sin

takes from http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/02...oming-sept-20/

The missing Persona game is finally coming to North America. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin will be available in stores and PlayStation Network on September 20.

There is a rumor floating around about the Joker who will grant a wish if you call your own cell phone. In Persona 2: Innocent Sin rumors are real and just for the PSP version movie theaters take you to another dimension. When Lisa Silverman tests out this out, the Joker appears and seems to knows Tatsuya, the main character. They’re joined by Undie King ruffian Eikichi Mishina, the always positive magazine writer Maya Amano, and a tomboyish photographer Yukino Mauzumi. Maya and Yukino return from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona.
    i already played persona 2 in Ps1 i think IS is the best Persona game (though I think P4 is really close behind), so it would be cool if Persona 5 would take cues and try to mix things up. The way P2 game starts as just high school students and they gather more effective and older characters once they actually leave school and go on "the mission" could really switch things up social link-wise. It can still have a town, or city, as a hub and not be a high school.

Moving from the city and hip-fucking oriented feel of P3 to the country murder-mystery of P4 was a good step (well shit everything was, P4 was every bit better than P3 by a big margin) and so was the more psychological development focus, but after that where do you go with the setting that can determine a fresh style?

Making them high school student as fuck is the big money maker, sadly, so P5 is probably going to have elements of it, once more information is released, that sound redundant, since P3 and P4 are two different ends of Japanese contemporary culture aesthetics. It doesn't have... a whole lot of room on what it can do to stand out and be, unless they ditch the high school student thing, or really switch it up.

Also I really wish they didn't prioritize the Megami Ibunroku games so much instead of the Megami Tensei games.

I get Persona is the big moneymaker, but fuck give me Shin Megami Tensei 4 alfuckingready goddamit I will murder you Atlus

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Hell yeah I do man. Gimme dat rushdown and I'll do some beautiful things with it.

Coincidentally, Yosuke never left my party. Bros for life. Also, I choose the Persona DISCO NINJA FROG!
    Brosuke was indeed a badass. He rarely left my party either, such a likable lancer. I'm looking forward to seeing you destroy the opposition with a consistent flurry offense. God help the poor saps you manage to push to the wall.

Hilmdaisy's comic is AMAZING! Dojima's "Ace Detective", schtick along with his general douchbagery prevented many a night of eating. Now let's, "Talk About Murders!

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    i already played persona 2 in Ps1 i think IS is the best Persona game (though I think P4 is really close behind), so it would be cool if Persona 5 would take cues and try to mix things up. The way P2 game starts as just high school students and they gather more effective and older characters once they actually leave school and go on "the mission" could really switch things up social link-wise. It can still have a town, or city, as a hub and not be a high school.

Moving from the city and hip-fucking oriented feel of P3 to the country murder-mystery of P4 was a good step (well shit everything was, P4 was every bit better than P3 by a big margin) and so was the more psychological development focus, but after that where do you go with the setting that can determine a fresh style?

Making them high school student as fuck is the big money maker, sadly, so P5 is probably going to have elements of it, once more information is released, that sound redundant, since P3 and P4 are two different ends of Japanese contemporary culture aesthetics. It doesn't have... a whole lot of room on what it can do to stand out and be, unless they ditch the high school student thing, or really switch it up.

Also I really wish they didn't prioritize the Megami Ibunroku games so much instead of the Megami Tensei games.

I get Persona is the big moneymaker, but fuck give me Shin Megami Tensei 4 alfuckingready goddamit I will murder you Atlus
    I've been really excited to play Innocent Sin myself, I heard it's great and your recommendation only makes me want to play it more.

Persona 5 has some real big shoes to fill. I can see why they're taking their time with it, seeing as Persona 4 pretty much nailed everything. Aside from a different plot, characters and setting there isn't much left to be refined and/or offer up a different experience. Graphics will get an upscaling by default, and the gameplay is about as solid as it's gonna get. I have faith they can pull out another classic though, like you I'm wondering how they're going to approach the game to give it the requisite originality each entry in the Persona series has. Fans of each all have their preferences, but there's no denying each Persona has it's own thing going for it.

Atlus have their hands full for sure, and I also like their other series. I've only played Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, and Devil Summoner, "Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army" but each was fun and unique while utilizing the same type of distinctive SMT themes that make those games stand out. Would love to see these along with the other SMT series get some love. Devil Suvivor 2 is one of my most wanted games of 2012. Comes out on Valentines Day, natch.

Spoiler!

A little news never hurt.

By God...it's beautiful.

And here's a few more screenshots for Golden, because I KNOW that's what everyone's interested in.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!