Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Narutopedia credible?

Hey im new just asking i was there and they seemed to manipulate certain trans for some thing but when that trans goes against some thing they beileve on more of fan level that ignore it what do you guys think?

and i even saw this huge debate with this guy calling them out on it..

should you get info about chars from there?

You pick and choose what you want from there. Most of the general information will probably not conflict with anything stated in the manga, but once you get to specific things like the way techniques work, that's when the credibility tends to drop. On the whole, a site where anyone can manipulate the info to suit their own views is not a credible source. Not to say you can't post Narutopedia links, but if you happen post something from there that conflicts with what we know from reading the manga, be prepared to have it stuffed down your throat. That is all.

To go further on what @Afro said, most things there seems to be right, tho character descriptions and the power of techniques and such may just be the result of one guys view. And since everyone can change what it says there, the credibility goes both up and down, since the article might have been "fixed" several time people might change something that's wrong to what's right, but in many cases it's based on safe sources like the databook and Official Naruto Fanbooks and ofc the manga. So in short, you can use it as a source, but it's better to either use it as to confirm what you already think or to use another source/cross check somewhere else. It's like school projects and Wikipedia.

And also, if you are going to ask questions like this again, or to anyone else who might read this, using the "Ask a question" thread is more preferable. http://www.mangashare.com/forums/thr...tion-Thread-!-!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I have to say Narutopedia has improved compared to how they used to be.

Try Leafninja they are pretty accurate and awesome but slow to update these days.

Fire type

i think they are pretty much the same tbh, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Depending how you use it for quick info for a theory your working on its always a good idea to confirm small details.

For a quick glance it will diffinetly lead to the right direction and if anything it tells where to look for certain info eg chapter numbers. And anime episode links to manga chapters.

Its also good to summarise databooks, infact its probally the best source for a most complete overview on a topic in Naruto.

Ive written some stuff on that site but stop a while ago. Its generally correct but there a times of slight miswording that can mislead you and sometimes its not correct, but this quite rare.

IDNO, I checked up "Body Flicker" which Shinsui and Minato were reknown for, and they seem to believe it's that disappearing in a cloud technique that near all ninja's can use.......

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    IDNO, I checked up "Body Flicker" which Shinsui and Minato were reknown for, and they seem to believe it's that disappearing in a cloud technique that near all ninja's can use.......
    And they would be correct.

It's common technique but to use it like Shisui is hard, obviously since he was feared as Shisui of the Body Flicker. But I can't remember hearing anything about Minato being famous for it. I think that all Jonins can use it just like KB just not Mass KB.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

idd gaara, i dont think minato has ever been shown to use the body flicker technique as he only used the FTG but i think the FTG was often confused with the body flicker technique when in reality it was a superior version of it.