How to change .ex_ to .exe?

Ok so I'm having trouble changing a .ex_ to .exe

I've tried to follow just about every guide I've seen but its still not working - here's what I'm doing if anyone has any information or knows how to do it please let me know.

OS - Windows XP

- I go to start/run.../cmd (hit enter)
    - I type in the directory which for me is: cd c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents (hit enter)
    - Now the directory says what I typed above (which is where the file is)
    - Then I type: Expand TSM.ex_<c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents>\TSM.exe (hit enter)

After this step I get a Message saying..
    - The System cannot find the file specified
    (or - sometimes if I put it in a different way)
    -Destination is not a directory: Documents\TSM.exe.

OK, I tried to make the steps I took understandable, however I don't understand why the system cannot find the file I want, The directory is the file where the .ex_ is, how can it not find it?

Just wanted to say thanks for any help, even if it doesn't solve my questions, please, any help is better then none.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Command line has an issue with spaces in a file path so if you want it to work you are going to have to put quotation marks before and after the file path. In command line a space means a break in the code so it assumes you are done with the file path once it has found a space. If you had no spaces in your file path such as (My Documents) and it was instead (My_Documents) then you wouldn't need quotations.

Like this: Expand "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TSM.ex_" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TSM.exe"

That should work for you

Wow.. thank you so much

Seriously, before I made this thread I was at it for at least 2-3hours, it was such a simple solution too.. Man (or women lol) thanks a lot, I owe you one..
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

It's man lol, and no problem I was actually a bit surprised to see a rather technical question like this pop up here. This is the one very important detail that people tend to ignore when creating guides on Command line, and it was something I didn't figure out how to do until I actually went to school for programming (I used to move every file that I needed to edit to the C:\ directory). Granted that I hadn't been using CMD very long before then.