Banned

Zoro's Swords Powers

Not sure if this is a repeat topic. But I am gonna throw it out there anyway.

After seeing Zorro throw/slice fire out of his sword. It is apparent that each of the "Great" swords have powers. When ever he uses his one sword style each sword has a specific ability. It also appears that the sword must accept its user as its master before it will release it's technique.

This would also make perfect sense as zoro would need these moves later on to counter devil fruit users.

Wadō Ichimonji(Kuina's Sword, White Hilt) has the ability to cut anything, He calls it the breath of life. if you remember in the flashback in which he was shown breath of life that Koshiro(his master) used kuina's sword.

Sandai Kitetsu(Cursed Sword from shop owner) has the ability to "throw/slice?" fire. I forget the technique he calls it, Dragon something. I also just realized this is that Ryuuma was killed by a fire dragon while in life, he is the one who killed a dragon. man I am slow....

Anyway so my point is that each sword has a power. I have yet to even think of what his new sword's power will be but I definitely know that he is gonna kill his shadow zombie with breath of life.

Actually, Inanimate objects in the world of One Piece seem to have a living essence. For example, Ships seem to have a spirit. Swords also seem to pick their masters, but to sum this up, Its not that each sword has a specific power, but that he just develops them as he trains. Of course this hasnt been stated. It might be true.

But The thing about cutting Steel is just something Zoro learned with his own power not just the sword. The technique Asura might have been with the cursed sword, but who knows. We'll find out, or not.

Interesting theory, but I disagree, It is the techniques that produce different effects not the swords. It seems that he just prefers certain swords for each particular technique, and his name is Zoro not Zorro.

Legendary swords are simply high quality swords, not weapons of hidden power. Even the cursed one, Zoro's Demon Slayer seems to have done very little thus far.

Of course, one can't help but to notice an interest fact. Zoro's hilarious inability to direct himself toward the correct destination did not manifest itself until he entered the grand line. So what changed him? The atmosphere? The climate? The rum? Getting hit too many times on the head? No...He obtained the cursed sword: Demon Slayer Generation Three prior entering the Grand Line. The cursed sword was supposed to kill its user. Zoro, a demon himself, was able to subdue the sword, so it seems. But might the cursed sword's ability to be...something more indirect? Yes, the cursed sword's power is to misdirect the user's sense of direction, so that the user would die of a horrible death in such a fashion(walking off a cliff, stepping into a volcano, get lost in a cave and starve to death, etc).

Your theory is interesting. But swords of One Piece are just swords, with minor twists. Spandam's sword certainly wasn't normal, for a different reason. The power of the sword depends on the techniques of the man. Zoro can not work with any non-legendary swords due to that his strength is simply too great for a normal katana's endurance.

I think that it's more that Zoro has to get to know the Sword's personality in order to use it properly. Sandai Kitetsu is a "problem child" (being cursed and not obeying Zoro properly), and Shuusui has a "temper"... Zoro has to get used to the characteristics of the swords to use them properly with his techniques.

The recent fight with Ryuuma showed that Ryuuma was using Brooke's fencing techniques (more effectively than Brooke could) even though Shuusui was once the sword of a Samurai (who would use a completely different style of fighting). Zoro is never going to use the techniques that Ryuuma (and Brooke) performed even though he is now using the same sword. Therefore the techniques are Zoro's and not the sword's.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Your theory is interesting. But swords of One Piece are just swords, with minor twists. Spandam's sword certainly wasn't normal, for a different reason. The power of the sword depends on the techniques of the man. Zoro can not work with any non-legendary swords due to that his strength is simply too great for a normal katana's endurance.
    However Oda could easily create weapons such as that, wait the "hidden weapon" that Crocodile was looking for could have been a sword instead of all gigantic ship. Remember, the bigger the item doesn't make it the better weapon. Eh, I'll probably edit this once I get off work, I don't have the time to fully make an argument at work currently.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Veteran Member
    i bet you one of the cursed swords a guy will pop out like in dbz with gohan and his sword....lol

and i also think each sword might have a special power... i dont know about technique or something but maybe like elemental power (fire) or something along those lines....but nothing like super duper

and also remember zoro could hear even the rocks breathing if i remember correctly? so im sure if rocks are some what alive then a sword must be 50 times more alive