Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!

Help...need a new anime to watch

Like the title says I need a new anime to watch, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is a list of anime's I've watched or am watching:

Bleach
    Darker then Black
    Samurai Champloo
    Samurai 7
    Needless (I recommend this to anyone who hasnt seen it)
    Death Note (the anime was too boring to keep me interested, but the manga was cool)
    Soul Eater (The anime was enjoyable enough for me to go back and pick up the manga)
    Cowboy bebop (Spike was just cool)
    Fist of the Northstar
    Ninja Scroll (classic)
    DBZ
    Inuyasha
    Afro Samurai
    Trigun

I like action. It doesnt have to be an enormous amount, but more then Claymore, which bored me to death. I also like different powers and weapons..ie Needless and Soul Eater. Good animation would be excellent. I also like anime's that have a lighter side to them (comedy) Trigun had its funny parts as did Soul Eater and Needless
    Last edited by Daemon Spade; 08-16-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Look up some of these ... I won't spoil if i give a descpriction, if you want to know more about one ask and I'll give you a non-spoiler summary.

Spoiler!

Those are some bigger named animes, if your looking for more obscure ones I can make a list, I'm personally not into only action so its all I could pull off the top of my head.

:EDIT:

Just thought of another more obscure one (I'll make another list as I think of some).

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Asura Cryin - its sort of a mecha based anime, though the 'mechas' arent really that.. hard to describe in a few words, still its worth a watch
    07 Ghost - its cool, kinda.. watched it awhile back when taka subbed it, the animation is good though wouldn't rate it in my top 10 or anything
    Beelzebub - I haven't watched the anime, its up to episode 30 i think, however the manga is one of my favorites
    Tenjho Tenge - its a martial arts high school deal, obviously the characters are stronger then normal humans, the anime leaves you hanging at the end, its only 26 episodes but the manga goes up to like volumes 22
    Neon Genesis Evangelion - wasn't going to add this because its a classic, however if you haven't seen it, its good - its the base for alot of new mecha anime

lol, making a list of only action(y) anime I've seen is depressing - so much time put in watching this.
    Last edited by Airicks; 08-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Thanks Airicks, I'll be on the look out for your other lists. In the meantime I think I'll check out "S-Cry-ed" seems as if I've heard other MS members mention that before aswell. I'll also check out Kenichi and Gurren, for the time being.

I'll probably hold off on Fairy Tail, as one day I plan to pick the manga back up. I used to follow Fairy Tale and for some reason I stopped. I really dont know why I stopped reading. But I figure if I watch the anime it'll ruin the manga. I finished the Soul Eater anime only to find out it deviated heavily from the manga, so now I have to go back and read the manga from the very beginning.

But, yea, thanks again and keep em coming.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

@Daemon Spade Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple is an excellent read and watch, however Airicks failed to mention that though the manga is ongoing the Anime has since come to a halt after season 2. (So if you are looking for a steady watch this probably isn't for you, but I highly recommend the manga.)

@Airicks He says that Claymore bored him so I don't think that ghost in the shell is his type of anime (It's way too slow paced even for me). The action does come, but it spends way too much time theorizing the meaning of existence. I still haven't finished watching it yet.

I'm sorta pressed for time now, was just browsing the forum and I thought that these are some things you should know before diving into these anime. I'll edit in my list later.

::Edit::
    I'm going to put these up while spoiling as little as I can they are in no particular order. I'm no good at summarizing so I'll leave what you choose to try to your discretion. If you wish to know more about one of them simply ask.

My List
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Execution; 08-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Try these:
    Gin Tama
    FMA 2009
    Ao no Exorcist
    Nurarihyon no Mago II

Quote Originally Posted by Execution View Post
    @Daemon Spade Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple is an excellent read and watch, however Airicks failed to mention that though the manga is ongoing the Anime has since come to a halt after season 2. (So if you are looking for a steady watch this probably isn't for you, but I highly recommend the manga.)

@Airicks He says that Claymore bored him so I don't think that ghost in the shell is his type of anime (It's way too slow paced even for me). The action does come, but it spends way too much time theorizing the meaning of existence. I still haven't finished watching it yet.

I'm sorta pressed for time now, was just browsing the forum and I thought that these are some things you should know before diving into these anime. I'll edit in my list later.

HSDK does come to a end after season 2, however I didn't mention it because it ends after the Ragnarok Saga - the anime does not leave you hanging on anything, they finished it perfectly to either remake and pick up on it later (or) leave it and end it there.

Its 50 episodes as it is, so a good watch.

As for Ghost in the Shell, its a lot more 'adult' then Claymore, not meaning anything perverted just how the characters act, It is a rather famous anime so I mentioned it.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    HSDK does come to a end after season 2, however I didn't mention it because it ends after the Ragnarok Saga - the anime does not leave you hanging on anything, they finished it perfectly to either remake and pick up on it later (or) leave it and end it there.

Its 50 episodes as it is, so a good watch.
    I personally despise cliffhangers of any sort, to me it is the worst when a show had more to it, but I won't get to watch it for some time or indefinitely. When Inuyasha did this I was infuriated. This is why I mentioned that he might prefer to read the manga as there is still more to the story, and most of the time manga have various inconsistency's with the anime making it still enjoyable to watch the anime later on.

This is the reason that I read the manga first, because I know that it is consistent and will always update without leaving me hanging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    As for Ghost in the Shell, its a lot more 'adult' then Claymore, not meaning anything perverted just how the characters act, It is a rather famous anime so I mentioned it.
    Just because many people enjoy Ghost in the shell doesn't mean that you might too it's all in the matter of personal taste, and Daemon Spade's personal taste was conveniently described at the top of his post. I felt that if he found claymore and death note boring then he would find Ghost in the shell boring too.
    Spoiler!

I still suggest that he watch the anime himself to form his own opinion of it I was just stating my opinion that it didn't fit well in the list when he asked for an anime with action that wouldn't bore him to death, and to me Ghost in the shell had many of these boring moments when it chose to break down into debate which was quite often.
    Last edited by Execution; 08-17-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Like Airicks said Break Blade is good definitely, but if you (kinda surprising from the anime) find Claymore 'slow' , Well then Break Blade might be considered slow by you as well. It would be hard to tell probably if you like until after you've seen a bit of it.
    as for S-Cry - ED., it is definitely 1 of my favorites done in 26 episodes anime, but even it contains moments of people questioning existence and big speeches over life and power and existence, and such, that as well could be seen to possibly taint your opinion of it. Just forewarning you:
    Spoiler!

So try not to get attached to any1 but Kazuma.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    So try not to get attached to any1 but Kazuma.
    I was always more of a Ryuho guy myself.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Your a fan of action and comedy? Easy fix watch/read One Piece. Get pass the painfully crappy looking first hundred chapters/episodes and you'll regret not watching/reading it sooner. It's also on going and probably will be for another decade or so.

Other animes I would suggest:

Hajime No Ippo (Boxing Anime surprisingly keeps you interested manga is way ahead of the anime. Its on going)
    Beserk (I suggest read the manga over the anime since a new anime or it is coming out that won't cut off certain things from the manga. Get pass the first or 2 arcs you will see why this is one of the best manga's.)
    Angel Beats! ( Nice short anime funny characters interesting story with one of the best endings.)
    Gungrave ( If you like trigun cowboy bebop I suggest you watch this one. More story based then the others but its well worth it.)
    Desert Punk (Very entertaining anime leaves you with cliff hanger though the manga continues but its really hard to find it online.)
    Great Teacher Onizuka (Similar to Desert punk except in a more realistic setting.)
    Outlaw Star (If you enjoyed Cowboy bebop and trigun again watch outlaw star the 3 are very similar.)
    Samurai Champloo (Typical good samurai action not much of a story.)
    Air Gear (Also leaves with a cliffhanger the manga is ahead by a lot as well.)
    Black Lagoon (Like they mention above ALOT of action.)
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (This is a must see also, DO NOT watch the one without brotherhood title. That was is a kick in the balls to the actual manga.)
    Akira (Classic must see movie.)
    Fate/stay night (Strange powers vivid feeling from it similar description to what you enjoy except hardly any comedy.)
    If you liked Needless you'll probably enjoy Freezing as well. Imo think they both cop outs.