Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New to Bleach

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar
    well i finished the fillers, and although its not "pure bleach" as someone said, i still liked them, i mean they are nothing compared to the stuff that is "pure bleach" but it was still ALOT better than the naruto fillers since the bleach ones actually had a story so i was able to get into it and finish them. but i started watching the stuff that is actually bleach again and i gotta say its my favorite anime yet, its got all the plot twists and action and all that good stuff. i just watched one where you think its all bad but then comes the twist and i cant wait for the next one.

as far as the manga vs anime thing, i like to think of it as 2 separate stories that have the same beginning, the anime might split from the manga at times but it always meets up with the manga again, the only time i mind the split is when they just try to take up time like with the naruto fillers where there was no good arc just a bunch of crappy episodes.

I've heard mention that "Bleach" was used because bleach is able to purify things. Turning unclean things into something clean.

Bleach = purify
    They purify souls.
    /shrug

Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    that could be it too

but i'm pretty sure it was because Tite Kubo liked the band Nirvana and named his manga after their album BLEACH.

i just started watchin' i'm way behind every 1.
    i'm on like #28 i think.

so far very good.

P.S. it is a little better than naruto
    He sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're a awake- stalking

Gonna find out who's naughty and nice- he's judgemental

Not to mention breaking and entering

Santa doesn't seem very nice!!

P.S. this is from narutopictures.org

i kinda like the filler sometime cause you dont know what going to happend next
    Spoiler!

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I read the manga first (I prefer reading to watching any day of the week) so to me the Bounto arc was crappy. There were a few moments where it was cool, but it felt like a chore to watch it all. Maybe if I'd watched the anime first it wouldn't have mattered. I actually completed the Bounto arc, but around 127 when the fillers started I dropped Bleach. When they entered Hueco Mundo....I picked it back up. ^_^

They were still better than Naruto though. lol.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

i didn't see the bounto arc...my mind is clean
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Never watch dubbed Anime Ozcorp's Avatar

Bleach 10th Squad Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    The bount arc wourks as a filler, onl;y if your not acquainted with the manga, and the fillers end around the ep 110 mark. then they start up again around 128 for a few eps. (and even if you've only watched the anime these fillers will probably tire you out, unless you really love Hitsugaya).

About the name Bleach, I have no idea, and if you're not Kubo Tite then you wouldn't either.

I love Hitsugaya & Motsumoto and how they play off each other. It would not be the same show & you wouldn't love the characters as much with out the "filler" episodes.

Lulz i already posted above why its called bleach.
    Last edited by Walkindisaster; 01-14-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Just realized I posted here already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobby View Post
    The Fillers are quite good you wouldn't notice them. The whole Bounto Arc is a filler.
    Er... what!? I couldn't even stand the fillers. I didn't start reading the manga until the filler arc started, cuz it sucked and I needed to have some good Bleach. If you can, try not to watch the fillers, it's not necessary to watch them to understand the following episodes.

Those fillers are incredibly worse than original first Bleach saga.

(I know this quote is a bit old, but I was really surprised when I read that)