Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Bleach

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar

New to Bleach

hey everyone, so im new to bleach and i decided to watch the anime instead of reading the manga cause i kinda like anime more.

but my question is: are the fillers any good at all? manga aside, if you didnt know they were fillers would you think they were ok episodes of anime? i ask because i havent read the manga and i dont mind fillers, unless they are just utterly stupid in which case i'll just skip them all.

and a 2nd question: where do the fillers start and end? i've watched up to 72-73 so far
    and 3rd question: why is the manga/anime called bleach? i've yet to figure it out...

thanks to anyone who helps me out

The Fillers are quite good you wouldn't notice them. The whole Bounto Arc is a filler.

Rock'n'roll Fugitive Nin wildzero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    and 3rd question: why is the manga/anime called bleach? i've yet to figure it out...
    To be honest, I have no idea. MY theory is that it has to do with Ichigo's hair, because, if a person with black hair tries to bleach their hair and fails - it often comes out orange. Although Ichigo's been orangeberry for a while, 'cause he's carrot topped in the flashbacks, too. Anybody else got any ideas? 'Cause I feel like I'm forgetting something.

As for the fillers...they kinda keep some stuff in the anime, post-filler. You'll see what I mean when they're done.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    The bount arc works as a filler, only if your not acquainted with the manga, and the fillers end around the ep 110 mark. then they start up again around 128 for a few eps. (and even if you've only watched the anime these fillers will probably tire you out, unless you really love Hitsugaya).

About the name Bleach, I have no idea, and if you're not Kubo Tite then you wouldn't either.
    Last edited by Archiel; 05-17-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Even though you prefer anime i think if you read the manga you would like it more than the anime, mostly because the characters are drawn in more detail

the name bleach is the title of the rock band nirvana's album...kubo is a huge fan of...
    its not just the title,some manga chapters names are rock band song names like Corrosion of conformity....
    there are few things i can think of that link the title to the stolyline of this great manga,...the hollow form,which is a central theme of the manga ,usually has a white color...ichigo s hollow is no exeption.the principe of life and death in the manga shows the death represented by bones covering the soul,and bones are white...

i'll Leave discover the rest

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar
    cool thx guys, im prolly going to watch most if not all the fillers, im watching the bounto arc right now and i quite like it, i had a feeling it was a filler though so thats why i asked here.

i'll prolly pick up the manga when i get through all the anime just because i'll want to know what happens. i've watched about another 10 more episodes and im starting to wonder if ichigo is gonna learn how to control the hollow/mask thing i cant wait to watch some more

and thanks for the info on the title, i was very confused by it and i thought it'd be something that you'd figure out later in the series.

that s true atticus...there are still things we need to figure out later in the serie...
    my answer was based on remarkes,nothing was explicitelly divulged

If I was in your situation I would skip the fillers, they're just trash compared to non-filler Bleach episodes. Seriously, I couldn't get more bored with an anime as I got watching that crap of Bleach fillers.

By the way, I agree with Sangaz that you will enjoy manga a lot more even if you prefer watching anime than reading manga normally

I read/watch both. There's a lot more detail in the manga's and its pure Bleach... no annoying fillers that waste your time... but I’m lazy... its easier to stick the anime on than it is to read the manga. Besides, if you skip filler episodes there's not much difference between the anime and the manga, the anime skips a few parts and the manga goes over certain things and emphasised in more detail... but its only really minor things. When it all comes down to it there’s not much difference. I have a video play list that has all episodes without any filler at all and if you’re too lazy or tired to read, it’s the dog’s danglies.

The dub anime on the other hand... is a completely different story. Credit to the jap director as the jap anime has some pretty decent voices, the voices suit the characters really well... but the dub made my ears bleed. I will personally slaughter every single man woman and child involved in the dub production of Bleach. After seeing ep 1 in dub I stopped watching/reading for a month.