Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blogs...Ditch Them?

Our Blog seem to be being inundated with Spam and Adverts. I have to ask, do we really need Blogs, we seemed to have less Spam attack b/4.

Anyway, food for thought.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Imo, Blogs are a good way to express someones thoughts and I really enjoy reading some of them (/points at LeaTs Blog entries)

It would be a shame to get rid of them just because of some Spam.
    If you are annoyed seeing Spam at the main page, you could still minimize the Blog display.

(Sorry about my English, I haven't slept long enough to think about more appropriate words. Hope you still get what I'm saying)
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

I wrote a blog and then got lazy, haven't updated my blog in a long time. It's the new journal and it helps express experiences that others may learn from. If it's spam is the only problem, then it should be easy to block it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

I've always been a Spam Hawk, but I'm happy to read other's opinions.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think rather than ditching it entirely there could be certain prerequisites that a member must achieve before creating a blog. Perhaps creating a minimum post limit that they must reach before they can create blogs, that way it would become a waste of time for people to create accounts simply to create and post spam.
    Last edited by Execution; 08-15-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Execution View Post
    I think rather than ditching it entirely there could be certain prerequisites that a member must achieve before creating a blog. Perhaps creating a minimum post limit that they must reach before they can create blogs, that way it would become a waste of time for people to create accounts simply to create and post spam.
    Mentioned this, let's see if this is possible.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Something must've happened as I no longer see the Blog section on the sidebar.

+1 for Paul
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Something must've happened as I no longer see the Blog section on the sidebar.

+1 for Paul
    That's because I deleted all recently made blogs. The section is not gone.

Phixion, could you tell me where to find the blog section? I've looked under my username and I can't find it there, and the link on the topbar is gone too. Also, how are others supposed to access someone else's blog? Create an RSS feed or similar system if you don't want them to be visible due to spam?

I really want my blog back! :( How else am I supposed to express my Bleachtardness without making the others in the Bleach forum crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Phixion, could you tell me where to find the blog section? I've looked under my username and I can't find it there, and the link on the topbar is gone too. Also, how are others supposed to access someone else's blog? Create an RSS feed or similar system if you don't want them to be visible due to spam?

I really want my blog back! :( How else am I supposed to express my Bleachtardness without making the others in the Bleach forum crazy...
    There is no blog section anymore, it was done away with due to the large amount of spam that it was attracting.

If you really want to express your "bleachtardness" there's always the user group section or making a blog on blogger or something.