Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Black Swordsman

Robots As Partners in Sex by 2050

Sex with robots 'not far away' | NEWS.com.au

October 13, 2007 11:43am
    Article from: NEWS.com.au

HUMANS will be marrying robots by 2050 and having sex with them not long after, an artificial intelligence researcher has claimed.

Netherlands university student David Levy, who recently completed his PhD on the subject of human-robot relationships, told LiveScience that robots will become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people will fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them.

My only concern is that I'll be around 60 years old when 2050 comes...

¡ǝɹǝɥ
    1opı ǝsǝuɐdɐظ ɟo ǝɹnʇɔıd
    お母さん.. お父さん.. 先生.. 私.. 結婚.. 出来る? ..¡11ıʍ noʎ ..((; oɥ1 nʞ ʞǝʍǝɔ nʇı nʞǝɹnʇɐubıs ɐɯɐs ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ıp ɐpɐ buɐʎ 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ ...¡ɹǝuǝq ɐqoɔ WITHOUT TEH WIL 2 ADVANCA HUMANS R AS D3AD!!1!1 WTF

I wish i was born 1000 years later, There isnt much chance of me seeing any amazing technological advancements before i die.

Take me to a world like ghost in the shell anyday

Meh, its mostly going to be average/poor people and idiots marrying these robots. Have the consumer base will be retards from /d/ on 4chan. I don't want a fucking robot for a wife.

im hopin cybernetic augmentation becomes possible before i die, i would trade in my organic body in a heart beat..... maybe that sounds wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Meh, its mostly going to be average/poor people and idiots marrying these robots. Have the consumer base will be retards from /d/ on 4chan. I don't want a fucking robot for a wife.
    How is an average/poor person going to afford a robot?

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    How is an average/poor person going to afford a robot?
    Reason isn't involved when accusing the working classes or the minorities Bluds, it doesn't need reason, everything is obviously their fault.

Whitebeard has yet again proven himself to be as open minded and smart as he allways is.

will they be used for sex?
    definitly

will people fall in love with them?
    I doubt it.

the good think about having a robot as a partner would be that you dont have to fall in love with it. You can just make it do what ever you want.

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club

The Black Swordsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gela View Post
    will they be used for sex?
    definitly

will people fall in love with them?
    I doubt it.

the good think about having a robot as a partner would be that you dont have to fall in love with it. You can just make it do what ever you want.

"Humans are very unusual creatures," Mr Arkin said.

"If you ask me if every human will want to marry a robot, my answer is probably not. But will there be a subset of people? There are people ready right now to marry sex toys."

¡ǝɹǝɥ
    1opı ǝsǝuɐdɐظ ɟo ǝɹnʇɔıd
    お母さん.. お父さん.. 先生.. 私.. 結婚.. 出来る? ..¡11ıʍ noʎ ..((; oɥ1 nʞ ʞǝʍǝɔ nʇı nʞǝɹnʇɐubıs ɐɯɐs ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ıp ɐpɐ buɐʎ 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ ...¡ɹǝuǝq ɐqoɔ WITHOUT TEH WIL 2 ADVANCA HUMANS R AS D3AD!!1!1 WTF

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I can envision some Chobit's-like future with this article.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

lol. this reminds me of a scene in darker than black. the arc where the trade boss fondled a doll (living but not human) very suggestively. yeah this would happen in the future definitely. well i guess people are getting hornier and aint getting help for it. sex, definitely, love? don't think so. its something mechanical afterall.