Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar

Dragon Ball - Episode of Bardock

Not by Akira Toriyama and based off a video game. Should I even consider it?

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

I didn't
    but let me know if i should anyway

In the first two of three chapters, Bardock's badassery didn't even come close to the one from the movie.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    i thought was intersting, i didn't know there was a movie about it though, whats the name of the movie

Dragon Ball Episode of Bardock chapter 02

Yes you should consider it if you're a true fan of DBZ. It's always good to see the dragon world from all kind of aspects. The graphics, the story is certainly on par with akira toryama, but still it's quite good.

I read it just for the fun of reading dragon ball again and see bardock again.

PS: I take back what i said, this chapter is written by akira toryama himself. That changes things and this spin off has become a must read for me
    PS2: The graphics may look a bit different because akira is seconded by a second artist ooishi naho.

It's actiually quite interesting indeed.
    Bardok being launched to the past is a nice surprise.
    My bet is that the supersayen of legends freeza was talking about is actiually bardok.
    Now we can actiually see how it all went down and wether or not Bardok couldn't controll the power and destroyed himself like the legend sais.

You should definitely consider reading this since Akira Toriyama directed it, which means he gave tips for the storyline and didn't actually write it himself, but it's created by Ooishi Naho and based on the video game Dragon Ball Heroes. Ooishi Naho is also the same person who made that special movie about Vegeta's brother Tarble.

It tells you the story of how Bardock became a SSJ and the history and origin of the Saiya-jins themselves. I mean so far, nobody knows anything about saiyans except they just spontaneously were there on Planet Plant one day. This shall explain those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    It's actiually quite interesting indeed.
    Bardok being launched to the past is a nice surprise.
    My bet is that the supersayen of legends freeza was talking about is actiually bardok.
    Now we can actiually see how it all went down and wether or not Bardok couldn't controll the power and destroyed himself like the legend sais.
    I think you're right! Though, this would create a time loop that I wish Akira would explain by explaining the origin of the first saiyan. I wonder how they're going to explain the fact that in the Bardock movie, it showed Bardock being completely vaporized by Freeza's death ball. I mean they could've done this if they don't show Bardock die, but he literally did. His armor came off, he became naked and then all you could see was the death ball.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

This could be much, much better (as the next chapter is the final one, I think), but who knows, maybe It will suprise me .

The first thing, they should start from the same place, or before the movie and go the same way with it, only that Bardock was send to past and not obliterated. From here on, after recovering (could be like in this manga) Bardock would start his journey and training in search of Freeza, fighting other space pirates and adapting to his fighting style the powers of the seekers. Untill he reaches the final boss, Freeza's ancestor (after that boss made some babies ;P). In this fight he would be loosing, but the memories of all of his friends, his planet and almost himself, being destroyed by someone like him, would allow him to turn in to SSJ. This would not only power up his strenght, but his seeker abilities as well, allowing him to see his enemies every move before they could think about it and finally allowing him to win. After this fight, his seeker powers would destroy his mind (as his race wasn't supposed to posses those powers), he would no longer know what was past, future, or present. Then he would use his power to kill himself to end this madness and his life in solitary, only to remember in the blast that destroys him (something that Vegeta did in his fight with fat Buu) that his son is still alive and will make his will come true, thus finally giving him peace of mind with eternal rest.

And so that is how the legend of the first SSJ was born , well it would be possible to add there a time machine (if people from earth could do it, then why not some more advanced civilizations ?). Although I know that all that material would be impossible to compress in those 3 chapters ;P. The way those DB spinoffs are, they seem like Akira doesn't allow much, rather he is afraid of someone creating something better than the original... or just people that make those spinoffs aren't to good ;P, but in reality, he just wants more money by doing almost nothing ;P.

issues = chaps?
    3 would suck balls =/
    if that's true it kinda puts my theory down the drain