Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kyuubi's power split

Any thoughts as to where the other half went, since naruto only inherits the yang?

Quote Originally Posted by verdesnake View Post
    Any thoughts as to where the other half went, since naruto only inherits the yang?
    Can't say for sure; I read Jiraiya's talk about the ying-yang sealing to mean that it's all in Naruto, or at least all linked to Naruto's seal, but only half of it is accessible or "free," relatively speaking. Presumably, the yang-half is the stuff capable of seeping out through the bars of the Kyuubi's cage/seal, while the ying-half is the imposing figure that remains behind the bars.

That's my take on it, anyways. Unless Jiraiya especially feels like discussing it with Pein before he bites the dust, I don't think we'll hear about it again anytime soon, so it's a guessing game for now.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

I kinda read it like that too, especially since wouldn't Kyuubi notice he only had half his chakra? Im sure that the amount of chakra in Naruto would be yearning to find its remaining portion, the Kyuubi could probably even tell Naruto about the other half and maybe were it is or maybe how to find the other half. Im thinking that Kyuubi is only after his release and regaining all his power back so he would do anything to get Naruto to do it, because he can only work through Naruto, so then if Kyuubi isn't doing this then does that mean the whole Kyuubi chakra is sealed in Naruto but that only half of it can come out at any time???
    A pie in the sky?

I kinda read it as the other half of the kyuubi's chakra is sealed in the shinigami's belly. Jiraiya says the 4th only sealed half the chakra in Naruto (yang chakra). That means the other half is not in Naruto. Jiraiya messed around with the seal to see if Naruto could control the half that was sealed within him. As far as i can tell, the kyuubi still retained a ridiculous amount of power even when split in half. If the kyuubi was really worried about getting his power back, don't you think he would have shown a little more concern about it when ever Naruto and him came face to face?

afro: I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but if he specifically said only half of it was sealed in Naruto, your Shinigami theory is fairly compelling. Food for thought, in any case.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Kyuubi seems like something that wouldn't really want to continue existing with only half capacity, his personality is boastful and sassy, Im putting my bets on the idea that the Kyuubi would want to regain his other half and fully overcome Naruto and bust out of jail. I wonder why Kyuubi isn't more proactive about getting his original form back :l hmmm
    A pie in the sky?

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Jiraiya: "Minato only sealed the Nine-Tails yin chakra using the Shiki Fuujin."

That means that the yang is in Naruto.

What I don't understand is why the chakra wasn't sealed the other way around. I thought that Yin was good and that Yang was bad.

hmm , this might be viewede as a completely out there thought but maybe the yin and yang was introduced simply because akatsuki can never really complete their objectives, we last saw naruto with itachi wat if hes captured the yang is extracted but then after this he receives the yin, making him even stronger since i feel its even easier to control and would mean that he could unlock to a greater stage without being detrimental to himself or others around him , but this is simply speculation and a view that isnt really viewed by most

Quote Originally Posted by slickim View Post
    hmm , this might be viewede as a completely out there thought but maybe the yin and yang was introduced simply because akatsuki can never really complete their objectives, we last saw naruto with itachi wat if hes captured the yang is extracted but then after this he receives the yin, making him even stronger since i feel its even easier to control and would mean that he could unlock to a greater stage without being detrimental to himself or others around him , but this is simply speculation and a view that isnt really viewed by most
    Interesting theory. I would really like to see it play off like this.

His dark halves his sealed with the seal outside of naruto, which we can see on Naruto belly. The other halves is the light halves which is inside of Naruto to mix with his own chakra. When Naruto turn into kyuubi shroud form, I guess it because the seal is weakening and since Jiraiya did a tiny crack on the "Four Elephant seal" he went up to 4-tail shroud. When chakra form arround Naruto, it's probly the dark halves reacting and the other half is the one keeping naruto body in control of the chakra burning his skin and regenerating it.