Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Usopp and Sogeking's Shadows

If Usopp got his shadow stolen by Moria, would Sogeking's shadow be stolen as well?

If shadows = the fighting spirit of the characters, then clearly Sogeking's fighting spirit is different than Usopp's...

So wouldn't Sogeking keep his shadow?

Also, would Sogeking be affected by Perona's ghosts, since he thinks more positive thoughts than Usopp?

Sogeking and Usopp are physhically the same one, so they share the same shadow (obviously, it's what I think and suppose); their only difference is in the way to think (in the mind), but they use the same body so they use the same shadow :S

And about the ghosts, I think it would be affected, indeed, but he is so cool and hiperactive when being Sogeking that he would quickly come with a plan to defeat or dodge those ghosts

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Usopp/Sogeking share the same body, so the shadow would also have the split personality as well.

With that being typed, the zombie that received the duo's shadow will have Usopp's weak moments and Sogeking's fighting spirit. So when a certain condition is met in the zombie's mind, whatever personality is not in use will become the dominate personality for said zombie.

Of course, since Usopp doesn't have an actual bounty. Moria would have to capture Sokeking right off. Which would make it the dominate personality, which in turn would transfer over to the zombie.

What a paradox, eh? Oh well we probably won't have to worry about it. I'm still disappointed that Oda just didn't make all the Straw Hat's besides say Brooke, Robin, and Franky lose their shadows.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

he doesn't have two personalities - usopp still thinks like usopp. so, one person, one shadow !

Usopp`s just a guy with a dual personality. He doesn`t have two different shadows.
    Usopp is oooone crazy bastard.

I don't know... It doesn't make sense that fighting spirit be attached to one's shadow... But it is in One Piece.

If Usopp has two distinct fighting spirits, it might be possible that he has two distinct shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by shinta
    he doesn't have two personalities - usopp still thinks like usopp. so, one person, one shadow !
    What about the fight against Perona. Usopp pleads to Sogeking to help him... Then Sogeking gives Usopp enough confidence to think through the situation to realize that Perona's body must be somewhere nearby.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    I don't know... It doesn't make sense that fighting spirit be attached to one's shadow... But it is in One Piece.
    It makes as much sense as our world's different religions.

In theory, an individual's shadow would be a copy of the said individual. So to say that Moria is just using the shadows for their fighting abilities is wrong. He is using them as copies of the original individual. Slowly without contact of the individual owner, the shadow will forget that they are a copy and take on a new personality of their new host. Which is what has been shown so far for a lot of the characters missing their shadows.

The only thing that isn't logical about the whole shadow stealing is that the once an individual loses their shadow, they will turn to dust in the sun light.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

i agree with shinta, ussop doesn't have two personalities..did it state in manga or anime that ussop have 2 personalities..?!huh..Close this thread
    idiots in their own idiotic way have their own idiotic worries. - Sakata Gintoki

Quote Originally Posted by Jehutys View Post
    i agree with shinta, ussop doesn't have two personalities..did it state in manga or anime that ussop have 2 personalities..?!huh..Close this thread
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/465/15/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/465/16/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/465/17/

I think this is pretty much conclusive evidence that Sogeking and Usopp are separate personalities.

The Usopp split personality thing is indefinite. However Usopp always had the ability to create extremely short bursts of bravery throughout the entire One Piece series. Basically he was brave for a second and runs away for the next ten minutes. Perhaps that can be used as an indication of sort that indeed, Usopp has a hidden personality of sort. Sogeking is the physical symbol of that supposed bravery. The way he summoned courage by relying on Sogeking's name is pretty much the same that we human summon courage by kissing the cross and chant the name of Jesus Christ in a very very dark dungeon. Of all the Straw Hats, Usopp probably has the greatest character development of the eight. I am curious to see as to how far will Usopp's courage improve.