View Poll Results: Cipher Pol No. 9 - Enies Lobby arc -your rating?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 - You call this manga?

1 1.67%
  • 2/5 - Horrible arc

1 1.67%
  • 3/5 - Above Average arc

4 6.67%
  • 4/5 - Very good arc

10 16.67%
  • 5/5 - Superb. One of the greatest of all manga arcs out there.

30 50.00%
  • OMG,INCREDULOUSLY WELL DONE!GREATEST IN HISTORY! ENIES LOBBY IS LEGEND!

14 23.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece What do you like or hate about Enies Lobby arc. Submit your ratings.

The epic saga of Enies Lobby has finally drawn to a conclusion for both the manga and the anime. Arguably one of the best One Piece arcs thus far, it had all the right ingredients: comedy, psychological thriller, drama, adventure and hell of a lot of actions.

Were you satisfied?

If you were asked to give this arc a rating, what would be your response?

What did you like or hate about this arc?

Care to share your opinion?

As a tradition with the majority of my threads, this one is poll based as well.

My rating: 5/5

The Good: Fast pacing, rapid developing, overwhelmingly emotional, coupled with breath taking action with an ingenious blend of comedy, the entire arc left me speechless as I mouse scrolled through the chapters. Indeed, it was the greatest manga arc I ever had of the fortune of experiencing. With that said, I offer my whole hearted applause to Eiichiro Oda.

The Bad: The only detail that I found uncomfortable with is how, as it commonly occurs in all works of fiction, the straw hats escaped the supposedly inescapable without any long-term after effect or significant losses of any sort. Although the process was nothing short of journeying through the nine hells, the ending was just a little too perfect.

The Ugly: Kokoro.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 10-16-2007 at 10:04 PM.

This is difficult, I suppose you mean just Enies Lobby, not the entire CP9 Saga. I haven't even read the entire thing and I have seen from episode 284. The only negative thing I can say about this arc is that it is very long. Other than that it is great, just the techniques that CP9 use, the hilarity of it all, it is just brilliant, It is definately one of the greatest arcs in any anime/manga series of all time.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I liked the Enies Lobby arc most out of all of them. Probably a lot of that had to do with the introduction of Luffy's Gears but also because of Robin's flashbacks and the farewell of the Going Merry and then there was also the intorduction of Sogeking aka Usopp gets some balls. But I think the thing that made me enjoy the arc most, no matter how many times I might happen to read it is (and I think this was said by one of the characters), is how 'refreshing' the feeling is to see people take on the 'World' for the sake of a friend.

and DukeTheGold, it wasn't totally perfect, they had to say goodbye to Going Merry.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    I really didn't care for the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc that much, it was enjoyable with the fights, new characters, and Straw Hat character development. However my favorite arc is still the Arlong arc, which had the greatest character development scenes in my opinion. Since Nami screaming. throwing dust, and finally asking for help at Luffy was far better then Robin just screaming out "I want to live".

Plus to me, Oda just failed on the ending for the arc, since Luffy shouldn't been able to defeat Lucci.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I gave it a 4/5 because the action might have been good but just as you said Duke, the escaped the inescapable and made everything look extremely lucky. And a loss they had would probably be for Zoro losing one of his swords. It was his cursed sword right? Was that sword one of the great swords or was it just a really good sword?
    A pie in the sky?

I gave it a 4/5.

I liked a lot about this arc. But, what I hated was the escape, it seemed too far-fetched, even for One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I gave it a 4/5 because the action might have been good but just as you said Duke, the escaped the inescapable and made everything look extremely lucky. And a loss they had would probably be for Zoro losing one of his swords. It was his cursed sword right? Was that sword one of the great swords or was it just a really good sword?
    Nah, Zoro lost his second best sword(out of three), Snow Walk - one of the world's 50 fine graded swords. It really was the only true loss in the entire arc. I half expected Luffy to stay half dead for the arc that immediately follows Enies Lobby or something. But unexpectedly Luffy jumped up right after only couple days of sleep and 5 tons of meat. The cursed sword-Demon Slayer Generation III- is only a "sharp sword", not even legendary. And yes, Zoro is still using it. I had a theory that the cursed sword was the origin of Zoro's lack of sense of direction. If you read One Piece closely, you would notice that Zoro only started getting lost everyday after he picked up Demon Slayer. The shop owner stated that all users of demon slayers have died an agonizing death in strange fashions. Zoro is the living testament of the curse, except the dead part.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 10-18-2007 at 02:47 AM.

Veteran Member
    it was very good but not my favorite.....

im not sure which one is my favorite arc, but most likely one that made me laugh the most

its so hard to choose favorites sometimes

edit: actually i should have given it a 5/5 since i realized all the cool crap oda introduced, such as the techniques cp9 uses....to think up all this stuff and make it all sensible must take some thinking
    Last edited by anarchris; 10-20-2007 at 05:16 AM.

5/5 For Luffy's sexy jet gattling attack that sent Rob Lucci down to Hell lv18 is just awesome. AWESOME!!! LUFFY RULES!!! Best fight ever.
    Luffy > Zoro > Sanji > me > Robin > Franky > Nami > Chopper > Ussop

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    The Bad: The only detail that I found uncomfortable with is how, as it commonly occurs in all works of fiction, the straw hats escaped the supposedly inescapable without any long-term after effect or significant losses of any sort. Although the process was nothing short of journeying through the nine hells, the ending was just a little too perfect.
    I don't know, what about Going Merry? I consider that one of the greatest losses the Straw Hats have suffered... ever in the series. Granted, it's not a direct result of the W7/Enies Lobby arc, but still. Also, hopefully we'll get to see some actual ramifications of the SH-crew's new bounties. It's odd to me that Oda, being the demi-god I consider him to be, hasn't played off the bounties more than he has. Jaya is one of my favourite parts of the series mostly thanks to Bellamy and the others reaction to Luffys new 100 million bounty. I'd like to see more greedy people coming after them thanks to their bounty though, seems like a waste from the WG if there weren't capable bounty hunters out there (barring the latest anime-filler arc).

Anyhoo...

The Good: What's not to like about this arc? I was biting my nails through the entire agonizing stay in W7 with Usopp losing the money, the imposing entrance courtesy of Aokiji (tattling about a grander level among the OP-foes), Ruffy-Usopp duel (experienced this through the anime, too much emotion for my masculinity to bear), the reinvigoration of the SH:s and awesome showdown with CP9, Robins history finally revealed (one of the best so far in OP)... I don't know how long I could go on, this entire arc reinstated OP as my favourite manga of all times (after a good, but not great, Skypiea and Davy Back arc).

The Bad: Very hard... I'm not entirely sure I like the strawhats "levelling up" with all-new attacks and techniques. I've admired Oda for staying out of the DBZ-level up genre. It's fine, for other series, but I've always felt that it sort of nullifies any previous prowess made by characters. How often did any saiyans fight outside of SS-mode? And how often do we get to see Naruto pulling off fancy tricks with his kage bunshin? Not very exact comparisons, but they'll have to do for examples. Time will tell how Oda choose to handle the levelling up. Can't say that I disliked the SH owning CP9 with their brand new moves though. I especially liked Gear 2nd and 3rd.

The Ugly: Going to have to go with Kokoro as well as her entire entourage as well. =D