Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moria's Defeat

Moria's Defeat

If, and I'm sure he'll probably will, Luffy defeats Moria, how high will his bounty go up? Will it even go up at all since he just go his new bounty a few days before meeting Moria and I dont think bounties would change that fast.

your opinions please

At first I didn't think any of the Mugiwara's bounties would go up after Thriller Bark, but then Kuma go there. Since he can relay the information to the World government, I'm sure their bounties will shoot up after defeating another Schichibukai.
    Maybe Chopper's will go to 100, eh? XD

i think luffy's bounty might go up... i mean, isn't the bounty supposed to measure your power level? and if luffy's bounty is close to moria's old bounty, wouldn't that mean that if he defeats moria, his bounty should be higher than moria's old bounty? and if there's a high degree of ass whooping involved, then the bounty would be much higher, regardless of when was the last time the bounty was raised...

Quote Originally Posted by mario00001 View Post
    i think luffy's bounty might go up... i mean, isn't the bounty supposed to measure your power level? and if luffy's bounty is close to moria's old bounty, wouldn't that mean that if he defeats moria, his bounty should be higher than moria's old bounty? and if there's a high degree of ass whooping involved, then the bounty would be much higher, regardless of when was the last time the bounty was raised...
    No, the bounty is based on someone's threat level to the World Government. For example, Robin has a pretty high bounty, but that isn't because she's a great fighter. She has a high bounty because she can read the Poneglyphs.
    Regardless, if the Mugiwaras are picking off Schichibukai, they are a huge threat, so their bounties will go up (assuming Kuma doesn't keep quiet about it).

I have doubt that Kuma will tolerate the defeat of a second Shichibukai. In case of him interfering, I found it extremely unlikely that Straw Hats would be capable of taking on a Shichibukai tag team. Thereby effectively, I doubt that Moria would be defeated at all. However despite that, it was correctly pointed out that the World Government is more likely than not to be informed of this incident. As to whether the Straw Hats' bounties will go up due to the near destruction of yet another Shichibukai after Crocodile, that is an open question.

I suspect that even of the bounties increase, the differences will be minor indeed.

I dont think Moria would be defeated on this arc.I think when luffy finally clash with moria, kuma will interfere and tell luffy about ace.in a second thought i think moria will get his behind whoop,because they have to get there shadow back.

Veteran Member
    did you notice how moria looked when robin had her arms all over him.....as if he had something which would own her because he had a big smile and was like "EHHH?"

watch him pull out something crazier

I do hope Moria is not defeated in this arc... I understand Luffy is the bomb but there is no way a person with aspirations as high as Luffy's will never lose. Ace that has more experience and overall power than Luffy even knows this so... we have seen how strong Luffy is but I hope Oda doesnt make him invincible. I wouldnt even mind if Kuma and Moria beat the strawhats and they have to retreat as long as they all REALLY understand how tough thier road and opponents are.

I'm supposed to be in japan...yet i spend more time in the middle of the pacific
    oh you know moria's going down, it's just a matter of time. Kuma won't interfere, he's a man of God, and he told moria he'd let him handle things on his own, a man of God doesn't go back on his word, so even if moria is defeated, he'll just walk away and allow the straw hats to get away. I'm starting to notice that the shichibukai have a every man for himself kind of attitude about them, and that's especially why i can tell you that moria will not be avenged.

I disagree to and incredible degree on that "a man of God never goes back on his word"... but thats another topic lol
    It was stated that Kuma always follows WG orders, even if he seems to have his own plans, and his orders are to stop the Strawhats from defeating another Shibibukai... so... I think is the other way around... there is no way Kuma will let Moria lose in this arc... I hope I'm right cause a defeat by no means mean complete failure.