Hybrid View

Pokemon: Best Wishes! (Black & White)

http://www.animeshippuuden.com/watch...on-best-wishes

Please tell me I'm not the only one on here who watches this -___-.

Anyway, animeshippuuden has 1-41 up & subbed, which is only one off from the episodes in Japan (42 just aired Thursday).

If anyone here is interested in watching the episodes, know that there's a problem near the mid-twenties, as the 2 part special that was going to air had to due with the destruction of an entire city (ironically the earthquakes happened 4 days before this special was going to air). As a result, the numbering got all up because they took the special and the following episode off the air (the following episode later aired months later).

So I hope there are some fans of the BW series on MS, and if there are enjoy the episodes!

Fan is a big word, but yeah, I'm watching just for the sake of good ol times.
    This series has been mostly ok so far, (not a fan of him having all 3 starters) & 1 of them should evolve allready.

Eh I got to like 23 I think and stopped. Think after Team Rocket stopped being badass

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Pokemon anime. Loved it as a kid, and I'm positive I have a pretty respectable collection on VHS stored away somewhere.

While it doesn't interest me as much as it did back then I'll catch Black and White if I see it playing on Cartoon Network. My favorite episodes have always been gym battles, because the battles are done in great detail and make Ash look like a real badass. My favorites:

-Vs. Blaine, Epic Charizard vs. Magmar encounter and Pikachu put up a hell of a fight too.
    -Vs. Clair, damn did they have some awesome matchups and once again Charizard saves the day. Not to mention Pikachu beat a Gyrados! Snorlax made his lazy ass useful too. (Fear the Ice Punch)
    -Vs. Brawly, Ash took damn near forever to beat this beach bum. Of course that evolved Hariyama was an unexpected block in the road.
    -Vs. Maylene, Buizel is one tough cookie, and showed Lucario what's up. Guess that trade was worth it after all. I've always liked the way aura sphere and water pulse look.

Plus plenty others. It's really hard to mess these episodes up. The Conference Championships are great too: Ritchie, Gary, Morrison, and Paul were all epic. Damn Legendary spammer screwed Ash over in Sinnoh.

Caught Ash vs Arty(?)the bug guy the other day and it was, as I expected, good. Oshawott got jipped!

I'll never get over the fact Pikachu has trouble with new Pokemon in every region. He should be level 1,000 now easy.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

same here, losing to a lvl 5 snivy after tying with a latios is just not funny anymore.
    idem with tying with a elekid after beating regi-ice -.-
    (Also how ash "fergot" how to catch a pokemon >.>' I blame it on his excitement, but it's still annoying to watch)

Agreed on the gym-battles, except some of them, they'r worth watching.
    Infernape sent some shivers down my spine when his blaze activated against volkner's Luxray
    But I personally prefer the leagues (except the one in kanto, that was just too pathetic for words)
    Ash vs gary
    Ash vs harrison
    Ash vs Paul (& Conway just for gible's awesomeness)
    I also enjoyed the battle-frontier battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Fan is a big word, but yeah, I'm watching just for the sake of good ol times.
    This series has been mostly ok so far, (not a fan of him having all 3 starters) & 1 of them should evolve allready.
    I agree. Seems like the writers are playing off of Piplups popularity in terms of Oshawott. Hopefully Ash's Tepig will evolve first, it needs better moves than Tackle & Nitro Charge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    Eh I got to like 23 I think and stopped. Think after Team Rocket stopped being badass
    It's a shame that the Tokyo Earthquake happened when it did, because that week there was going to be a huge epic 2 parter with Team Rocket fighting Team Plasma which consisted on bazookas and laser beams and shit. It would've been hella epic, but it was pulled due to the destruction of the city they were fighting in. To me, that seemed like the final straw for Team Rocket; I just don't see them making another appearance next season. It's a real shame...now there probably won't be any huge fights between humans in the series for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    I'll always have a soft spot for the Pokemon anime. Loved it as a kid, and I'm positive I have a pretty respectable collection on VHS stored away somewhere.

While it doesn't interest me as much as it did back then I'll catch Black and White if I see it playing on Cartoon Network. My favorite episodes have always been gym battles, because the battles are done in great detail and make Ash look like a real badass. My favorites:

-Vs. Blaine, Epic Charizard vs. Magmar encounter and Pikachu put up a hell of a fight too.
    -Vs. Clair, damn did they have some awesome matchups and once again Charizard saves the day. Not to mention Pikachu beat a Gyrados! Snorlax made his lazy ass useful too. (Fear the Ice Punch)
    -Vs. Brawly, Ash took damn near forever to beat this beach bum. Of course that evolved Hariyama was an unexpected block in the road.
    -Vs. Maylene, Buizel is one tough cookie, and showed Lucario what's up. Guess that trade was worth it after all. I've always liked the way aura sphere and water pulse look.

Plus plenty others. It's really hard to mess these episodes up. The Conference Championships are great too: Ritchie, Gary, Morrison, and Paul were all epic. Damn Legendary spammer screwed Ash over in Sinnoh.

Caught Ash vs Arty(?)the bug guy the other day and it was, as I expected, good. Oshawott got jipped!

I'll never get over the fact Pikachu has trouble with new Pokemon in every region. He should be level 1,000 now easy.
    You named some of my favorite anime moments ever. Obviously Ash vs. Paul is the most epic fight in the history of the series, but the gym fights have always been consistently great. Looking back now, it's hilarious how hax Gen I was in terms of fights (Aim for the Horn!) lol. I think Ash only earned 3 legit badges the whole series (Surge, Koga & Blaine(if you call aiming for the horn legit)). I loved how Ash brought back some of his old Pokemon for the Sinnoh league, it was refreshing to see old faces with new attacks (NOCTOWL!!!!!!!! SCEPTILE!!!!!!! QUILAVA!!!!!!! lol) not to mention some of the pokemon got to redeem themselves for their horrible battles in their respective series'.

I thought Ash v. Arty was pretty hax, his Sewaddle evolved without him training it in the slightest. Its final evolution isn't even a good looking Pokemon imo lol. I think he got one because Ash is always shown to be the compassionate training and Swadloon evolves into Leavanny through friendship. It's been forever since the 3rd gym so hopefully they can hurry up and get to Nimbasa City for the showdown (As far as I know the episode titles through mid-september confirm that Ash & co. won't be at the city yet).

As for Pikachu, they always give some bullshit excuse at the beginning of each new series to power him down. I mean sure he lost his electric attacks in the beginning of the series, but did he really have to lose to a new trainer (Trip) & his Snivy in their first fight together??? Iron Tail and Quick Attack should've been more than enough for a Pokemon thats managed to take down a Dragonite, Regice & tie with a Latios in his career. Alas, he is the face of the franchise, so he will always be focused on in the final battles of each series (Just like the Don Battle arc that's currently running in Japan, which was a complete waste! (No evolutions or new moves for any of Ash's Pokemon)). Am I the only one who thought it was a horrible idea to replace Volt Tackle with Electro Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    same here, losing to a lvl 5 snivy after tying with a latios is just not funny anymore.
    idem with tying with a elekid after beating regi-ice -.-
    (Also how ash "fergot" how to catch a pokemon >.>' I blame it on his excitement, but it's still annoying to watch)

Agreed on the gym-battles, except some of them, they'r worth watching.
    Infernape sent some shivers down my spine when his blaze activated against volkner's Luxray
    But I personally prefer the leagues (except the one in kanto, that was just too pathetic for words)
    Ash vs gary
    Ash vs harrison
    Ash vs Paul (& Conway just for gible's awesomeness)
    I also enjoyed the battle-frontier battles.
    Exactly what I typed up above before reading your post lol. As for the catching sequence it's always implemented for people new to the series (for the long time viewers of course it'll be annoying). Infernape was one of Ash's most epic Pokemon (right up there with Charizard & Sceptile) and I thought the whole storyline behind him was excellent. The writers of the series really tried with that one, and that's what made it the best series in the shows long history.

Something you mentioned that I didn't talk about yet is the Battle Frontier saga. The battles in there were some of the best ever made (Charizard vs. Articuno, Hariyama & Medicham vs. Snorlax, Swampert & Arcanine vs. Swellow & Corphish, & of course every battle vs. Brandon). I was really pulling for Torkoal there, he needed a bit of redemption for his treatment throughout the Hoenn series.

The Isshu region is starting off pretty slow (even though the writers said it would be faster paced than the other regions before it -_______-) and not much of the character development is there yet (Ash & Trip's rivalry is ass), but I wouldn't count it out yet. Iris & Cilan are great travel companions (Even better than Misty & Brock imo) and they have 2 of the best rivals in the series (Burgnady & Langley). The secondary characters that were introduced recently are also great (Bianca, KENYAN & Luke(hopefully the writers don't write him off after the tag battle arc, he has too many great Pokemon like Zorua, Golett & Larvesta to be written off so soon)) and they have produced some of the better battles in the series so far. Hopefully the writers can make Ash and Trips rivalry decent by the end of the series (since there's no way in hell it'll top Pauls).

For those who don't care about being spoiled, here are some interesting developments in the storyline:

Spoiler!

Side Note: One thing I find hilarious is that every character in the show who went to the first gym got their badge by defeating Chili (the red haired one). Poor Chili lol, he'll never catch a break.

Sorry if I don't spell any of the American Pokemon names right, I imported the game from Japan when it originally came out & watch the series in Japanese so I know around 10 of the Gen V names in English lol.
    Last edited by Sir Chaos; 08-09-2011 at 09:39 PM.

^ you said everything exactly like it is. Lol
    seems like we're on the same page on everything.
    I know about the don-battle tournament & miowth being fired,
    but Iris trying to catch him I didn't know o.o
    (haven't really checked anything past the don-tournament)
    that's a big moment & makes it a lot more interesting indeed.