Thread: Ichigo's Mask

Ichigo's Mask

Anyone else noticed as the story has progressed the amount of red on ichigo's mask has increased? It started with 3 marks on the forehead and now almost covers one half the mask. Anyone got an idea or theories for this change?

Maybe he just likes it that way, the ''hallow master drawer''.

''Brother running with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!''

yeah it seems to progress whenever he gets pushed to the edge while fighting and usually almost dying, I believe it started to change back when he faught in SS against Kenpachi and then it just kept gaining more lines and now its almost completely half black. I think his mask is showing how he is becoming one with his Hollow and when its completely red it means hes incorporated with his hollow. Maybe then he can pull out the rest of his hollow power in the form of other hollow-ized parts of his body...
    A pie in the sky?

i thought the number of stripes was growing because the hollow was gaining more territory than the king(since there was no more added stripes after the fight for the throne)...?

What really changed in Ichigo's mask is not so much the amount of red, but the shape of the mask itself.

Compare the shape of the mask earlier in the series to when he last fought Grimmjow. In the last fight, the mask is much more skull-like, it fits Ichigo's head better than it had previously.

At least that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    What really changed in Ichigo's mask is not so much the amount of red, but the shape of the mask itself.

Compare the shape of the mask earlier in the series to when he last fought Grimmjow. In the last fight, the mask is much more skull-like, it fits Ichigo's head better than it had previously.

At least that's what I thought.
    Yeah I noticed that too, I think his jaw part of the mask moved too when he laughed or talked or something (like how grimmjow's did) or so I think I remember. But if you look at the red I believe it just becomes more apparent everytime he starts using his hollow power and when he started to realize that his hollow power was useful and that he had to crush it down into his soul in order to use it to its full potential his red lines because more thick and started to cover more since he was understanding and using his hollow power more. Or so I think.
    A pie in the sky?

or kubo is sloppy

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

i thought that u were just seeing more of the mask each time but yea i noticed the shape is different from when he versed his hollow but its intresting to know that the red lines r moving, i thought the mask being half white and with red strips as him being half hollow and half shinigami