Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ST&RS ~ Takeuchi Ryousuke & Miyokawa Masaru

ST&RS

Summary (From Mangahelpers):

On August 10 of 2019, humanity received a signal, which was verified for its integrity by hundreds of scientists, from an alien life form containing one message: let us meet on Mars on July 7, 2035. Thus began the creation of a space agency representing Earth as a whole named ST&RS. From there, things progressed quickly with man re-landing on the moon in 2022 and constructing many space stations orbiting Earth and the moon. The Space Academy was created to train the upcoming generation of ST&RS.

The same August 10th that Earth received the message, Shirafune Maho spoke his first words and it was “Mars.” Since then, Maho has been an astronomy freak who has nothing but the universe on his mind. He decides he is going to apply for the Space Academy along with his childhood friend, Hoshihara Meguru, and recent transfer and super smart classmate, Amachi Wataru. The trio begins their almost impossible journey of being accepted into the school where only 1% of the applicants are allowed into the academy.

Serialized in: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Genre: School Life, Sci Fi

Link for Chapter 1: ST&RS CHAPTER 1
    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ht1bkx3ltqsbb68
    Last edited by Jaiden; 07-12-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Always on top of the latest and greatest manga huh J?

I really enjoyed the originality of the premise, and the characters are likable enough. Your standard two guys and a girl setup. Maho is the scatterbrained lead with a rare talent destined to get him far, Megu the overprotective friend making sure her pal doesn't get himself into too much trouble, and Amachi the loner genius who has a seemingly sad backstory by the look of it.

French principal is most definitely a plus. Was cool to see her as an adult and that she wasn't reduced to a simple oneshot character.

The biggest advantage I see is that I can't really list off a hugely successful space manga (Gundam excluded, but that's predominantly anime anyways) There's so much potential in a series completely defined by that setting that it keeps me extremely excited at the possibilities.

Jump's a lion's den as it is with so many enticing manga and keeping your series running, but I'm hoping we get a great storyline for ST&RS. I think it's originality will give it a solid footing.

As always, good looking out Jay. Also, now I can read Hanasaka Ikkyuu too, nice to see more scan/translation groups out there.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

It was a great read, more satisfying than this weeks manga releases, though it may be because of the number of pages or the freshness of it , great art style btw ;D, nice characters.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    ST&RS seems like a fairly neat series so far. The characters are likable enough, and I like the protagonist (though that may be because he looks so much like Gary Oak, lol). The lead girl could use some more characterization, though.

I wonder what shounen type this is headed towards. Slice of life with a really creative premise? Battle manga with aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Interesting. I'm going to have to read more of this.

CHAPTER 2

Enjoy!

Good second chapter.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

The first line of that description really caught my interest, but I'll wait until this mangas a year in before I start reading it (if it makes it there). I already learned my lesson from Ane Doki, Lock On!, SWOT, Metallica Metalluca & Light Wing (just to name a few).

^ Beside the first two, the rest wasn't anything special.

So they already excel far above the others, but can't forget that they will compete with people from the whole world, so it's no suprise that they are the best in japan.

MM could've been a better HxH, SWOT had a strange concept but could've pulled it together, & LW just sucked lol. This one seems much more interesting than them (save Lock On!, I really liked that) but I don't wanna get attached to a manga that could possibly get cancelled before anything noteworthy develops.

Yea I've seen a few that ended before I even decided to start so didnt give em a try, but hopefully this one does well, I like the concept so far.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?