Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    with madaras space time jutsus nagato really doesnt have much of an advantage, cause after all, madara doesnt have t physically being present at a fight with an opponent and his 6 bodies...

unless the con of having 6 bodies to control is no more space time jutsus.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

The genjutsu user would have had to catch all the paths of Pein in a genjutsu. Getting one wouldn't lead to them all getting caught. Just like when catching a Kagebunshin in a genjutsu doesn't affect the original (think Kakashi vs. Itachi: Rescue Gaara arc), the same would apply to the Paths of Pein. So, in my eyes, Nagato (and Madara now) wouldn't have had any issues if one body was caught in a genjutsu.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    @Afro, unless the body caught in the Genjutsu was Nagato or Madara himself. It seems reasonable that if you catch the main body the others would be caught aswell...dont you think?
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    The genjutsu user would have had to catch all the paths of Pein in a genjutsu. Getting one wouldn't lead to them all getting caught. Just like when catching a Kagebunshin in a genjutsu doesn't affect the original (think Kakashi vs. Itachi: Rescue Gaara arc), the same would apply to the Paths of Pein. So, in my eyes, Nagato (and Madara now) wouldn't have had any issues if one body was caught in a genjutsu.
    I don't think it makes sense in why a kage bunshin doesn't get affected by a genjutsu. I mean if you deal damage to a Kage Bunshin, the damage is then reflected back to the user. Think Naruto with his thousands of clones, every time they disperse he receives its magical training and experience in a short amount of time. Any damage the clone suffers, the original naruto suffers as well. So why not a genjutsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobirama Senju View Post
    I don't think it makes sense in why a kage bunshin doesn't get affected by a genjutsu. I mean if you deal damage to a Kage Bunshin, the damage is then reflected back to the user. Think Naruto with his thousands of clones, every time they disperse he receives its magical training and experience in a short amount of time. Any damage the clone suffers, the original naruto suffers as well. So why not a genjutsu?
    When have you ever seen Naruto double over in pain after a Kagebunshin was destroyed? Has a Kagebunshin ever been stabbed and the resulting wound appeared on the original's body? If you can answer those 2 questions, I might change my mind. Think about it, if that were really the case in the Narutoverse, Naruto would be dead. Think about all the killing blows his Kagebunshins have taken... And you're saying Naruto suffers the damage for each and every one of his clones... As I mentioned before, back during the Rescue Gaara arc, Itachi had caught Kakashi's Kagebunshin in a genjutsu, but Kakashi was unaffected. A genjutsu has no effect if you don't use it on the real body. But the clone is gonna get a good mindfucking though.

When have you ever seen Naruto double over in pain after a Kagebunshin was destroyed? Has a Kagebunshin ever been stabbed and the resulting wound appeared on the original's body? If you can answer those 2 questions, I might change my mind. Think about it, if that were really the case in the Narutoverse, Naruto would be dead. Think about all the killing blows his Kagebunshins have taken... And you're saying Naruto suffers the damage for each and every one of his clones... As I mentioned before, back during the Rescue Gaara arc, Itachi had caught Kakashi's Kagebunshin in a genjutsu, but Kakashi was unaffected. A genjutsu has no effect if you don't use it on the real body. But the clone is gonna get a good mindfucking though.
    Naruto is Naruto. He's an exception when it comes with Kage Bunshins. Kakashi said that he barely even notices the stuff that happens when Kage Bunshins are dispersed. I believe Naruto does suffer damage for each clone. You know why? Its because of his sage mode training at Mount Byokou. He gets tired easily when the clones disperse. We have seen him exhausted because of all the clones disappearing on him.

Remember when Kakashi did that rock-paper-scissor thing with his clones? He got information when it dispersed. So if someone threw a genjutsu at his clone, then the original will know that he was caught in a genjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobirama Senju View Post
    Naruto is Naruto. He's an exception when it comes with Kage Bunshins. Kakashi said that he barely even notices the stuff that happens when Kage Bunshins are dispersed. I believe Naruto does suffer damage for each clone. You know why? Its because of his sage mode training at Mount Byokou. He gets tired easily when the clones disperse. We have seen him exhausted because of all the clones disappearing on him.
    Exhaustion. We know that. That happens to everybody that uses the Kagebunshin technique. That's the reason why it's considered forbidden. Using a ton of chakra does that to you. And you know, it has nothing to do with his Sage Mode training. The Kagebunshin stuff was brought up long before Naruto even knew of Myouboku mountain. What Kagebunshins do to a person was already a known fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobirama Senju
    Remember when Kakashi did that rock-paper-scissor thing with his clones? He got information when it dispersed. So if someone threw a genjutsu at his clone, then the original will know that he was caught in a genjutsu.
    If that's the conclusion you've come up with, I'll accept that. That statement just means the original would know that the clone was done in by Genjutsu, but wouldn't be caught in a genjutsu himself (Again, Kakashi vs. Itachi). Well, I think that brings this discussion to a close.

Exhaustion. We know that. That happens to everybody that uses the Kagebunshin technique. That's the reason why it's considered forbidden. Using a ton of chakra does that to you. And you know, it has nothing to do with his Sage Mode training. The Kagebunshin stuff was brought up long before Naruto even knew of Myouboku mountain. What Kagebunshins do to a person was already a known fact.

And I kinda mixed with Myouboku with Naruto's elemental affinity training. What I meant was that he used a bazillion clones for him to get a LIFETIME worth of experience. If he could obtain a lifetime worth of experience which is a benefit, then I'd expect a negative as well.

If that's the conclusion you've come up with, I'll accept that. That statement just means the original would know that the clone was done in by Genjutsu, but wouldn't be caught in a genjutsu himself (Again, Kakashi vs. Itachi). Well, I think that brings this discussion to a close.
    The question I have is that what would happen if a clone experiences Tskuyomi? Say Itachi did the same punishment Kakashi received as a clone. The clone itself will suffer the lengthy Tskuyomi, and when its dispersed.. the original caster will have knowledge of it. Wouldn't he have a memory of the suffering the clone suffered? That's mental torture.