View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

    3 75.00%
  • l4l Great

    0 0%
  • l3l Average

    1 25.00%
  • l2l Bad

    0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836

    Fairy Tail 242 Discussion/243 Predictions

    Fairy Tail 242: "Acnologia"



    Enjoy everyone!

    Damn what did Zeref just do to Zencrow. Is Zencrow dead and what the hell is Acnologia?
    Last edited by Jaiden; 07-09-2011 at 05:34 AM.

    Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

  2. #2
    7 Months Left ammada™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Subaku no Arabasta!!!
    Posts
    950
    I haven't read the chapter ye but I wanna be the second one who pasts . I'll say my thought after finish reading it.
    ______________
    EDIT:
    Well, I didn't get What Zeref did to Zencrow? And either didn't get what that H-man mean by Third FT?

  3. #3
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,582
    Meredy = FT next guild member.

    Acnologia is very intruiging, I wonder if Zeref used that against Ultear or not. It's probably one of the most strongest lost magic.

    Now finally, Hades is gonna make his move. If he loses this one with some plot magic then the whole arc would be just a huge disappointment. Mashima again gave hints with Laxus reaapearance but I don't see anything he would bring that will beat Hades. Unless Makarov use FT law against Hades (and maybe die in the process) while Laxus help the rest to escape, I don't see how FT would make out of this mess.

    sig made by me

  4. #4
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    it looks like he took or depleted his energy or something. Fairy tails strongest team is back in action but i don't see how the are going to defeat hades. And from what zeref said it seems like he is about to awaken soon, wonder if he is really evil

  5. #5
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Isn't Makarov the Third guildmaster? Third Fairy-Tale probably meant the third FT generation, much like how the Japanese classify their generation depending on who the Emperor was.

    I don't get Zeref, honestly. He's a walking contradiction.
    1. The way he talks, it seems like there can be multiple Zerefs at any one time, and all of them are walking Armageddons. Or that he knows that he's going to lose control of himself. Yet he seems intent to stop whatever Zeref is going to cause Armageddon.
    2. He knows Natsu a lot and seems desperate to get Natsu's help, but didn't take advantage of the little time he saw Natsu to ask him for help. It could mean that he is related to the Dragons or Natsu had some other background story to him aside from turning Dragonslayer.
    3. He seems sad about his magic and the way he brings death about, but this chapter shows that his powers need to be activated. Why is he activating it? Is it a reflex every time he wakes up?

  6. #6
    Chapter 242 is plain awesome though there is very little fighting scenes.
    Spoiler!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    794
    think Zeref will play a big role in how hades will get defeated:o

    if not, FT have to gank the shit out of Hades to even have the slightest chance of victory

    But they do got a good and versitale team:
    Natsu - close&range attacker
    Lily & Erza - close
    Grey & Lucy - mostly range
    Wendy - Supporter

  8. #8
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    it looks like he took or depleted his energy or something. Fairy tails strongest team is back in action but i don't see how the are going to defeat hades. And from what zeref said it seems like he is about to awaken soon, wonder if he is really evil
    If I have to guess, I think Zeref just took his magic. He's the essence of magic as Hades describe him so he could be just taking back what he originally own.

    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Isn't Makarov the Third guildmaster? Third Fairy-Tale probably meant the third FT generation, much like how the Japanese classify their generation depending on who the Emperor was.

    I don't get Zeref, honestly. He's a walking contradiction.
    1. The way he talks, it seems like there can be multiple Zerefs at any one time, and all of them are walking Armageddons. Or that he knows that he's going to lose control of himself. Yet he seems intent to stop whatever Zeref is going to cause Armageddon.
    2. He knows Natsu a lot and seems desperate to get Natsu's help, but didn't take advantage of the little time he saw Natsu to ask him for help. It could mean that he is related to the Dragons or Natsu had some other background story to him aside from turning Dragonslayer.
    3. He seems sad about his magic and the way he brings death about, but this chapter shows that his powers need to be activated. Why is he activating it? Is it a reflex every time he wakes up?
    Yup, that is what Hades seems to say. Makarov and guys like Gildartz are probably part of the second generation of FT under Hades leadership.

    1. Zeref seems to have a dual personality or has an inner demon that he doesn't want to unleash. He doesn't have any control of it though.

    2. He said that only Natsu can stop him but saw that he ain't capable of that yet.

    3. Maybe it's a reaction everytime there's unbalanced magic around like what's happening now when everybody are using their magic.


    Quote Originally Posted by skillder View Post
    Chapter 242 is plain awesome though there is very little fighting scenes. LOL zencrow got owned in an instant and yes i think he's dead otherwise zeref wouldn't have closed his eye. In my opininon, i think that Natsu and zeref don't belong to this age. I mean that maybe that natsu is a lot older than he looks. Remember when he couldn't go through the magic wall that fried created? Maybe that natsu belong to ancient times and that dragon slayers are reincarnated just like zeref. That would explain why zeref know natsu so well.
    That's the common theory about that. Remember when the wind Dragon talk to Igneel about the meeting of Natsu and Wendy. The wind dragon said that maybe this time things will turn out smoothly or something along those lines. It hinted that Wendy and Natsu have met before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miineur View Post
    think Zeref will play a big role in how hades will get defeated:o

    if not, FT have to gank the shit out of Hades to even have the slightest chance of victory

    But they do got a good and versitale team:
    Natsu - close&range attacker
    Lily & Erza - close
    Grey & Lucy - mostly range
    Wendy - Supporter
    But all of them are already tired and almost out of magic. There's no way they could win without outside help.

    sig made by me

  9. #9
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    i agree with the he took his magic thing but he could have just taken his life to.
    plus i mean i think erza may have had some time to regain her magic and gray did not use much other than cutting him self. and lucy said she regained hers so natsu and wendy should be fine magic wise.

    but i am a bit miffed that freid stayed to defend. i mean elfman was up Wendy should have just healed him up and he and bixlow could have defended the camp. freid is the is probably the is probably the 2ed or 3ed strongest member still able to fight.

    i think it will be interesting and im sure some one else or others will get involved at the very least. but again great chapter and im still hoping luxas shows up soon lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post

    But all of them are already tired and almost out of magic. There's no way they could win without outside help.
    most of them have somewhat recovered, but I still hope that hades doenst go down in this arc and escapes with Zeref or Zeref stop/seal(?) himself in some way cuz its clearly that he actually dont want to kill^^

    and as someone said, I hope meredy will join FT afterwards

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i think it will be interesting and im sure some one else or others will get involved at the very least. but again great chapter and im still hoping luxas shows up soon lol.
    if Laxus doesnt show up I hope next arc will be about stopping his dad and all that stuff (after all it was pretty damn long ago since we learned Laxus fathers intentions :> )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •