Wink Detective Conan ( Case closed / Meitantei Conan) ~ Gosho Aoyama

Since there is no official thread to this manga. I allowed myself to create one.

Detective conan is a really good detective mystery type of manga.

Summary of this manga: Kudo Shinichi is a seventeen year-old high school detective whom people call the "Modern Sherlock Holmes." However, one night after a date with his childhood sweetheart, Ran, Shinichi witnessed an illegal trade and, caught off his guard, was knocked unconscious and fed a drug that was supposed to kill him... but he woke up and found himself shrunken to a seven year-old. In order to track down the men who did this to him, Shinichi hid his identity and lived with Ran, whose father happened to be a hopeless detective, and with that came a series of murders and mysteries that he must solve.

The latest release up to date is chapter 783

I actually like to read it now and then. (I'm up to chapter 759)

Although it is best to wait for like 10 chapters, and then read them all at once, since it really is slow paced.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

I can't believe this manga hasn't ended yet. I remember being 6 years old watching the anime on cartoon network.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    this manga is a bust i don`t know why it`s not ending already....the case becoming more dull and shallow and the story just get rinse and repeat treatment.....unlike the first volume...the only interesting about this manga is the triangle relationship beetwen ran,shinichi and Ai..and the Black org....right now b4 i read this i always ask my friends if in the ch.shinichi is facing off against the Black.org...if not ..mehhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

The only thing I don't like about it, is when the "Detective Boys" do some of their "adventures"
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    I actually like to read it now and then. (I'm up to chapter 759)

Although it is best to wait for like 10 chapters, and then read them all at once, since it really is slow paced.

What do you mean by slow paced?? It has the smae release frequency than any other manga like naruto. It's released weekly i think and also scanlated weekly. Or maybe you meant that the story doesn't advance fast enough??

Personnally, i think that the manga is really good, and it changes from other manga where you see people fighting etc. If it were to end, we would no longer have any mystery detective manga, would we ? So i think it is a good thing, the longer the better ^^.

One thing i like about this serie is that the anime isn't loaded with crappy fillers like the other series such as naruto or bleach. The anime has filler maybe not as elaborate as the manga serie plot but still, the detective case make us feel like that it's not so unimportant and side story.

Quote Originally Posted by skillder View Post
    What do you mean by slow paced?? It has the smae release frequency than any other manga like naruto. It's released weekly i think and also scanlated weekly. Or maybe you meant that the story doesn't advance fast enough??
    That's exactly what I meant. Also I don't like to wait a week till Kudo finally reveals who the killer was, so that's why I wait some weeks and then read it.

One thing i like about this serie is that the anime isn't loaded with crappy fillers like the other series such as naruto or bleach. The anime has filler maybe not as elaborate as the manga serie plot but still, the detective case make us feel like that it's not so unimportant and side story.
    I don't know about the anime since I haven't watched it for about 7 years or so, but I liked the tanpatsu with Oguri Shun as Kudo.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar

Personnally, i think that the manga is really good, and it changes from other manga where you see people fighting etc. If it were to end, we would no longer have any mystery detective manga, would we ? So i think it is a good thing, the longer the better ^^.

yes it`s a detective manga..but it`s good only in the early volumes..now the case are stupid,easy to crack,only got what..like?single or double suspect..mehhhh..and many of the murder reason for killing their victim are so stupid and ..what the heck?you kill somebody for just a little misunderstanding.....i don`t know it feels like aoyama just want to squeezee this manga as long as he could...seeing his other works aren`t suscesfull.....tehre`s other good detective manga out there like kindaichi or quad erat demostrandum...

yes the anime ws okay..but the best thing is the Movie..they were Good.....

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Chapter 785 released

Yeah you may be right, some cases are stupid and don't make sense because there are specifically targeted to japanese people. But i think that Gosho Aoyama is really making some effort to find always something new and entertaining. Through his story, i have the feeling that i learn a lot of things ( not that i am dumb) in an enjoyable way.

Spoiler!

If we were to compare this manga scenarion with others, we can say that it's not so redundant than others. Though other may be more famous. I don't know why but it's sad.
    Let's take an example here: Bleach. Manga super famous but for what? I like this manga but does it really deserve this much praise? Ichigo goes to soul society to rescue rukia, yeah fine. Then he goes to hueco mundo to save stupid inoue who followed the ennemy --'. Yeah... But then we find that inoue has absolutely no use to aizen.... Kubo introduces the espada, the vizard but for what again? Kubo got so bored with them that he made aizen kill espada No 2, and as for the vizards... wait what have they become? --'

But i'm diverging from the main topic... All of this to say that Detective Conan is a really good manga, not exempt of drawbacks but with a ton of fun. It deserves to be more famous and all.

Personnally, i read 785 chapter of this manga serie and i would be really sad not to keep reading...I am one of those who wants to know the whole thing even if it may become in the future (let's hope not) crappy ... Just like Hunter x hunter for instance.

PS: @ Daz Bonez, i agree with you, the detective conan movies are good

Chapter 786 is released!
    Thanks DCTP