Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

D.Gray-man D.Gray-Man 206 Discussion / 207 Predictions

I felt like I've waited for a year.

Long year sir yes. It was good but 22 pagessss?
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

iknorite?! but it was a nice surprise that it came out earlier than i was told. i was waiting on july 15th but here it is today!! woot!

anyway, what a great chapter (albeit short). we get to see where all that pent up resentment for allen came from in relation to cross. lol. for a guy like him to wash a child's bed linens and feed him....no wonder he made sure allen paid for his debts later on. cross probably thought allen was actually paying HIM back anyway! lol.

so we see where allen went using the gate. smart boy. he will definitely find some answers there. it was heartbreaking to see him when he was first brought over there by cross. SO traumatized. SO hurt. my heart broke for him.

It's not like it's a monthly chapter, right? Oh wai-

at this point, it isn't even a monthly release lol. the last one was two and a half months ago. i was SO hoping she'd do a double issue to make up for the time lost.

Fu*king 21 paged chapter, was pretty good , but after all that time, I hoped we will get more, especially as this was an extra story chapter (only by name)... well I suppose she worked hard on charagure. I must admit, it still has "that", something that I don't fell from bleach anymore.

Is it only me or D gray man is getting more and more carried away?

I mean it's true that there are big gaps between releases but the chapters have lost their former intensities. The drawing is clearly more different than the previous chapters... I feel like it's no longer the same author (mangaka)...

It's nice though to finally read a new chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by skillder View Post
    Is it only me or D gray man is getting more and more carried away?

I mean it's true that there are big gaps between releases but the chapters have lost their former intensities. The drawing is clearly more different than the previous chapters... I feel like it's no longer the same author (mangaka)...

It's nice though to finally read a new chapter.
    i think many others share your concern/feelings. her art style has changed A LOT from when she first started this series. many mangakas evolve in their art and things do change a little but hers is quite drastic, even over a length of time. but she did have a hand/wrist injury that sidelined her for a while and she admitted that she needed to learn how to draw all over again due to the injury. that was a major turning point in her art. but then there's that whole kanda arc where things went NUTZ and every body looked crazy (and the same). i couldn't really tell who was who at first glance.

i know she has many assistants helping her, especially when she's on hiatus due to illness or whatever so they may be taking over a lot of the work. it has certainly lost the gothic style she started out with. now it's all weird/supernatural. there were rumors that she was grooming others to take over the series eventually but at this point, i still think it's her work. i hope that whatever time she spent on making the character book (charagure) was worth it. now i gotta find it.

hopefully now that allen has found his way back to a place where he can get info, we will learn more about him, the 14th, and mana and finally get his arc really going forward. meanwhile, back at the Order, all hell is potentially breaking loose. hoshino has a LOT of issues to address, even moreso now. and now we must wait until aug 4th for the next one. hoepfully it's more than a piddly 21 pages!

what really got my was this... even though it's a side angle, you can tell he looks like the earl. (can someone help me with these pictures)

^ Weren't those the copys of the pics from the novels ? You can check them to see how he really looks like.

BTW. Those 2 character already appeared in the first novel :
    Spoiler!

This could mean, that we may get the backstory of how Lavi lost his friend in one of the Order's missions.