Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mother and baba also appeared in the anime, though it was a filler episode.

21 pages was not enough. Its was good though, a little peek into Allen's and Cross's past.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

What a great chapter. We can see here all the repressed resentment from Allen on the cross came. For a guy like him to wash the sheets and feed his children, no wonder he was convinced that Allen later paid his debt. Allen probably thought that was actually paid to pay him back! So we see here the use of Allen door.

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    Ohmigosh! The long wait and then this puny little chapter?! That kind of bugs me a little.

On a brighter note, I really like the fact that we finally have some answers and she's getting over 'being all mysterious n stuff'. At one point, i think in Alma arc, we had more questions than we thought she'd ever answer. Do we even actually know for sure what that was about???

Oh Allen, thou hadst such sad childhood experiences, I figured he'd have a rough time recovering from that bloody show-fo we've seen in both manga and anime. He had such a maniacal (if that's a word) smile on his face in the last frame, kinda scared me a bit... should we be worried? Was that maybe...resentment of some sort? And if someone can clear up who said what in that last few bubbles that would be great cuz I'm still a little iffy on it.

Looking forward to yet another month of waiting... =/
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryLulzJam View Post
    And if someone can clear up who said what in that last few bubbles that would be great cuz I'm still a little iffy on it.
    that was mother

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Cross looked so awesome.I squealled like a little school girl at the sight of Cross with his hair tied back. <33333333

I'm in love all over again.

TIMCAMPY!~ <33333333 Gawd. This is like fangirl crack.

/fangirls all over this ....EE..Ehm..

My first reaction is a bit disappointed. I mean, I waited monthly for a 21-paged chapter? C'mon, I know Hoshino-sensei can do better than that lol.

BUT, Cross was kicking alive smexily with the hair and that, and I LOVE HIM. Again. <3
    So it took around 30 years for Neah's memories to reach Allen-- I thought that was interesting. So does this mean that, perhaps, Mana DIDN'T give Allen Neah's memories? Maybe Mana could have actually been LOOKING for the one his brother would awaken in?

Mother said Allen was the one who went to Mana after all.

Also-- Cross is the second one to call Neah by his real name. Thought that was interesting as well~ (of course, Cross actually WORKING was epic, haha xD)

I have to admit there is one question that is still bugging me. I went back and re-read the last few chapters and in 203 during the flashback with Cross in it, he said the following:

"When we first met, he didn't call himself "Allen." Should have noticed the mistake sooner.(page 17?)"

What did Cross mean by that? Did he mean when he met him when he was Neah, or something else? I was really hoping that this chapter would explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Cross looked so awesome.I squealled like a little school girl at the sight of Cross with his hair tied back. <33333333

I'm in love all over again.

TIMCAMPY!~ <33333333 Gawd. This is like fangirl crack.

/fangirls all over this ....EE..Ehm..

My first reaction is a bit disappointed. I mean, I waited monthly for a 21-paged chapter? C'mon, I know Hoshino-sensei can do better than that lol.

BUT, Cross was kicking alive smexily with the hair and that, and I LOVE HIM. Again. <3
    So it took around 30 years for Neah's memories to reach Allen-- I thought that was interesting. So does this mean that, perhaps, Mana DIDN'T give Allen Neah's memories? Maybe Mana could have actually been LOOKING for the one his brother would awaken in?

Mother said Allen was the one who went to Mana after all.

Also-- Cross is the second one to call Neah by his real name. Thought that was interesting as well~ (of course, Cross actually WORKING was epic, haha xD)

I have to admit there is one question that is still bugging me. I went back and re-read the last few chapters and in 203 during the flashback with Cross in it, he said the following:

"When we first met, he didn't call himself "Allen." Should have noticed the mistake sooner.(page 17?)"

What did Cross mean by that? Did he mean when he met him when he was Neah, or something else? I was really hoping that this chapter would explain that.

i have heard this from a few people now but i never understood the speculation out there that asserts that mana was the one who gave allen the 14th's memories. not sure how that theory came about. it seemed heavily implied (if not stated outright) that the 14th implanted himself and he was the one who actively did the choosing. so we find out with certainty now that neah took 30 years to find the right person, which was allen.

as for cross saying that when he first met allen, he didn't refer to himself as "allen," i believe that is in reference to the REVERSE NOVELS that hoshino put out there. when cross first meets "allen," mana was still alive and they were still working at the circus. "allen" was still known as "red" in the circus. cross warned "red" not to get himself involved with mana. allen only became "allen" when mana started going a little crazy and started to call him "allen" confusing him with his dead dog (that they are shown burying in the manga). that dog's name was allen. this is all canon, strangely enough. hope that answers your question about that.

It's awesome enough that you've read the reverse novels.

I almost forgot about it.

I have yet to read a single page of it. :|

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinamon View Post
    i have heard this from a few people now but i never understood the speculation out there that asserts that mana was the one who gave allen the 14th's memories. not sure how that theory came about. it seemed heavily implied (if not stated outright) that the 14th implanted himself and he was the one who actively did the choosing. so we find out with certainty now that neah took 30 years to find the right person, which was allen.
    So you're saying Allen already had Neah's memories when he approached Mana? That maybe subconsciously their meeting was actually influenced by Neah? That does make sense, but then, WHY did Neah choose Allen? We'd have to go further back if that's the case, so that the story makes sense. She's never gone further than that, so then what exactly makes Allen so special? I had the impression he was a normal kid before he met Mana...

Now as for Neah appearing after 30 years, didn't the other Noahs also take around that time to awaken? (take Wisely for instance) I forget which chapter and I'm too lazy to look it up right now but I'm sure this has come up before with other Noah. And as for Cross stating that Allen didn't call himself "Allen" when they first met, then wouldn't that be after Allen met Mana and got the name Allen? We're told that Cross only observed Allen, for quite a long time before actually 'meeting' him. For this reason, I don't think Cross is actually referring to our Allen when he says that. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, where do you guys find the reverse novels?
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

It is my opinion, yes, that when Allen met Mana, he had already been implanted with memories of the 14th. I also think that the 14th chose Allen purposefully due to Allen's innocence (or nature of his innocence). We know that Allen is special in some way and he's been prophesied as the destroyer of time so there's something about him. I suppose that the 14th could have chosen anyone but I think there's a reason why he chose 1.) an exorcist and 2.) Allen specifically. the reasons are yet to be told but it may have to do with the heart or the fact that Allen is just different (the kid is already able to syncro with his innocence 100% which only the older generals are able to do, rather that's what makes them generals).

As for the 30 years, who knows if that's a prescribed amount of time or if it's totally up to the Noah when he wants to appear/awaken again (wisely and skin bolic per example). I don't see why they would have to wait a certain period of time, though (like a cooling off period lol). It may just happen to be that they wait for the next generation or something. Or that they are picky about who they choose to inhabit and so they bide their time.

Allen didn't call himself "Allen" immediately after meeting Mana. They worked in the circus together for a little while before Mana left and took Allen along with him as his adopted son. In the Reverse novels, Cross actually interacted with "Allen" during that time, meaning before Red (aka Allen) left with Mana to live with him, while they were still working in the circus and having issues with that a-hole Cosimo who killed Mana's dog (god, i hate that dude!). Cross interacted with Red to warn him about getting involved with Mana but he then continued to observe/spy on him even after Red left with Mana. This is when Cross was able to observe Mana kinda going a little crazy (which is what he tells Allen later as well) and we read about that happening as he starts calling Red by his dog's name, Allen later on. Allen didn't take on the name "Allen" until after they left the circus together (which is long after Cross had initially interacted with him) so yeah, Allen wasn't known as "Allen" when Cross first met him. I hope that explains it a little better.

I bought the Reverse Novels from my local Japanese bookstore (kinokuniya) but they are only in Japanese. I haven't formally translated them because it'd be a pain but I think other people have if you do a search for them online. I can't attest for their translations but, from what I've read that's out there, it's close enough.