Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Decent movie, the fight scenes could get confusing at time but it wasn't half bad. Carly had some decent scenes but Megan Fox is 1000 times hotter than her. As for the plot it was actual pretty predictable (Carly's boss working for the Deceptacons, those two little autobots taking out the arc). I thought the building scenes with Tyrese and his gang were a little out there though. I mean I wouldn't see it again but it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen (Master and Commander).

So I did watch this last Friday, and I got what I expected. It was fine for a popcorn flick, if not a little too long. My problem with Michael Bay in these movies is that he focuses so much on the human characters, who I could care less about, and relegates the Transformers to side characters in the Movie TRANSFORMERS!

Like seriously bro? No one gives two shits about Sam and his oh so horrible dilemma of being unable to find a job while he's busy living in a deluxe apartment in New York with his Victoria Secret girlfriend. I like Shia just fine, but he isn't the reason I shell out money to see these flicks.

I wanna see Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream and everybody else get down in some serious robotic brawls. Those parts are done extremely well in the movie. Problem is, there's like 10 minutes total of that action throughout a 2 hour and 40 minute run time, the rest is toilet humor and unlikable characters.

Nimoy was solid as Sentinel, especially with the Master Xehanort voice working for him. Couldn't help but think about that whenever he was on screen. Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson do great voice work on the two bumbling bots, but then again the humor is very dry.

I had fun, but for once I'd like to see a whole movie just based on Transformers and not the human race's reaction to said robots. Also, all the military sequences were pointless and stupid. I'm a proud American, but if I want to see the army strut their stuff I'll pick up Saving Private Ryan. Please leave that out of my Scifi epics.

At least there's Captain America later this month.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    S
    I had fun, but for once I'd like to see a whole movie just based on Transformers and not the human race's reaction to said robots. Also, all the military sequences were pointless and stupid. I'm a proud American, but if I want to see the army strut their stuff I'll pick up Saving Private Ryan. Please leave that out of my Scifi epics.

At least there's Captain America later this month.
    Prequel anyone?

TRANSFORMER: The fall of Cybertron

Now we won't see any humans. Just 50 feet robots trying to kill each other.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Prequel anyone?

TRANSFORMER: The fall of Cybertron

Now we won't see any humans. Just 50 feet robots trying to kill each other.
    Oh GOD YES! Not only would the action be top notch, but we'd finally get some backstory and actual development on both the Autobots and Decepticons. Megatron and Starscream were completely trashed character-wise in this movie. I wanna see them as their original badass selves, like in the animated series.

Unfortunately, I doubt Hollywood would go out of their way to have a complete CGI movie with no live actors. Despite our misgivings these movies make bank like no other. It's a real shame too, I'd love to see that happen.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!