Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The new Improved 6 Paths of Pain - Place your Bets!

Heh I thought this would be a fun little side thread so here goes.... After chapter 544 we now have 6 new Pains but the real question is who is going to control them and which jinchuuriki corresponds to which path of Pain.

So before we see them in action Place your bets here!

My 1st and 2nd picks for each path...

Deva Path (Shinra Tensei) = Utakata(6 tails) or Yugito(2 tails) these are my top picks

Asura Path (Rocket arms)= Han(5 tails) or Roshi(4 tails)

Preta Path(Absorbing Chakra)= Roshi(4 tails) or Yagura(3 tails)

Animal Path (Summoning) = Fu(7 tails) or Utakata(6 tails)

Human Path (Mind reading) = Yugito(2 tails) or Fu(7 tails)

Naraka Path (Revival) = Yagura(3 tails) or Han(5 tails)

- Also Unless I'm mistaken I thought the Pains need those rods to be controlled and that mean the user being hooked up to the GM statue. That has some nasty side effects from looking at Nagato so I would imagine he uses Nagato and or Itachi to control the new Pain rather than himself.

- Each body should have 2 powers the Rinnengan path power and possibly a Mangekyo Ability.

Anyways share your ideas here
    Last edited by POW; 06-22-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Madara has currently control over the new 6 paths of pain. Kabuto may have control over them because of the fact he was the one who resurrected them.

Actually after thinking about it more I may have a better understanding of the 6 paths of Pain jutsu and the differences between Madara & Pain's version. Firstly the impression that the black rods are necessary for the jutsu may be false.

- I think firstly the Jutsu maybe linked to Asura Path's power of the Rinnengan as it may have he power to subjugate bodies as it is the one path who's power was never really clear. Thats how the bodies gain he Rinnengan's and allow the user to control them.

- Next is the basic fact that all that is needed to control them once under the dominion of the Rinnengan is to be in close proximity near them and this is where Nagato's problem begins.

- Given the fact Nagato is crippled it would be foolish for him to appear on battlefield right next to the Pains as he would be a prime target. This is where the black rods come in it allows him to extend his range and keep his crippled body hidden yet still take advantage of the jutsu.

- The black rods may not be necessary for the 6 Paths of Pain but without them the user is limited to short range in controlling them. It was mentioned by Ino's father that such jutsu have limited range. Also this is what allowed Pain to communicate with Akatsuki members over long distances as he basically became a super chakra antenna.

For Madara this means he will need to be on the battlefield beside them as they fight and cant just sit back miles away so it comes at risk to the user. The range of the jutsu without the rods maybe as short as 50 - 100 meters. However with Madara's time space jutsu he can keep the Pains he doesnt need in his personal dimension and simply use animal realm to summon those he needs as he sees fit.

Any case this is bad for Killer Bee as I suspect that is Madara's first target with Pain.
    Last edited by POW; 06-23-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Fire type

Maybe the rods were just to allow the dead bodies to move (via transmitting the user's chakra, since dead bodies lack their own), and aren't needed for the Edo zombies.

^ Wasn't Sasori's puppet that was made from the iron sands Kazekage's dead body, capable of producing his own chakra and utilizing his kekkei genkai ?

I think the rods where just to increase Nagato's range using 6 paths of Pain since hes crippled without them his range would be very short. The Rinnengan alone is enough to control the bodies but the range will be severely limited so the user must stay close.

As I stated I think its the Asuras path that transforms a corpse into a Pain puppet giving it a Rinnengan. The Asura path was the only one whose power was not clear. The missiles and laser beam in the head are not its ability thats just how that particular body was modified for combat because it has no active power for fighting it is used for Pain puppet making.

Fire type

Its interesting that the black rods are not present, it seemed that the rods were essential for Nagato to control the Paths and the rods seems to have come from the Heretical Demon Statue. It is interesting to see now that Madara is controlling them without the rods and without connecting himself to the Heretical Demon Statue. I have to wonder if he just found an alternative method or if the rods were ever an essential part of the technique as seemed to be implied. I am still wondering if being connected to the Heretical Demon Statue was helping Nagato or hindering him.

Another possibility is that Madara somehow uses the combination of his sharingan in conjuntion with the Rinnegan 6 paths ability to control the bodies without the rods. Madara has controlled many people with his Sharingan in the past and perhaps by implanting sharingans into the bodies he is able to link them to himself somehow. Itachi was able to implant his eye techniques into Sasuke's sharingan, perhaps Madara is doing something similar here. If Madara can channel his own Mangekyou techniques into the implaneted sharingans that gives range to a number of possibilities.

At the very least it will be interesting to see how Madara uses the 6 paths compared to how Nagato used them. Another interesting thing is that Madara isn't nearly as vulnerable as Nagato since his primary body is very mobile and nearly indestructable. He should also be much more resistant to genjutsu than Nagato was, taking him on will be quite the task.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    Its interesting that the black rods are not present, it seemed that the rods were essential for Nagato to control the Paths and the rods seems to have come from the Heretical Demon Statue. It is interesting to see now that Madara is controlling them without the rods and without connecting himself to the Heretical Demon Statue. I have to wonder if he just found an alternative method or if the rods were ever an essential part of the technique as seemed to be implied. I am still wondering if being connected to the Heretical Demon Statue was helping Nagato or hindering him.

Another possibility is that Madara somehow uses the combination of his sharingan in conjuntion with the Rinnegan 6 paths ability to control the bodies without the rods. Madara has controlled many people with his Sharingan in the past and perhaps by implanting sharingans into the bodies he is able to link them to himself somehow. Itachi was able to implant his eye techniques into Sasuke's sharingan, perhaps Madara is doing something similar here. If Madara can channel his own Mangekyou techniques into the implaneted sharingans that gives range to a number of possibilities.

At the very least it will be interesting to see how Madara uses the 6 paths compared to how Nagato used them. Another interesting thing is that Madara isn't nearly as vulnerable as Nagato since his primary body is very mobile and nearly indestructable. He should also be much more resistant to genjutsu than Nagato was, taking him on will be quite the task.
    Well said, there's much we don't truely understand about the rinnegan.

I would imagine there would be a MASSIVE distiction between between bodies geting a rinnegan eye via physical transplants as oppose to a rinnegan being transferred via chakra. The rinnegan with regards to it controling bodies is beggining to sound like a virus infecting bodies.

Jiraiya during the fight with nagato was greatly mysetrifed by how nagato had 6 bodies with a rinnegan. I guess its about time we know how this really works. Speaking of that fight with Jiraiya, ifthese pain bodies actually have a "real"rinnegan that would mean konoha has a pair of rinnegans as Jiraiya captured one of nagato's pain bodies before he died.

I always thought it wasn't a real rinnegan in these bodies and the rinnegan was a result of the body in contact with the chakra of the oringinal carrier. I not a fan of the "naruto getting a rinngean" theory but it could be possible if these rinnegans left over in these bodies are in fact useable rinnegans, konoha does have a pair of rinnegans what can they be used for is anyone's guess.

Personally I doubt the rinnegan can easily be repilcated like this, it would be okay if its all to with the chakra as there's still one carrier with the rinnegan sending the chakra. But creating copies of the eye itself seems like kishi is trolling himself by saying the rinnegan rare in the frist place.

With Madara I'd Imagine he would control the bodies with his sharingan. There wouldn't be many reasons to also transplant sharingans to the bodies. Also thats another mystery some aren't focused on, we know Madara has alot sharingans but he can't simply pysically transplant them I would have thought because the edo tensei bodies regenerate from damage. So Madara takes there original eyes out but the bodies would simply regenerate I would have thought it and the cysle goes on and on. Kabuto must be at work here, he said could use the tech better those before him this maybe one of the results from his perfromance with the technique.

Also "that jutsu" when is this going to come into play?

The toads are gonna have to get involved here somehow. Also we know is thast Naruto needs the fox's powers to use it one would think the time is drawing near.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

If those new paths are indeed Kabuto's summons, then the most important difference is that the new ones have souls, with Pain's was just dead bodys controled and moved by him. They have their own souls, that are controled to move the way the user whants it, that's why the rods are not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    If those new paths are indeed Kabuto's summons, then the most important difference is that the new ones have souls, with Pain's was just dead bodys controled and moved by him. They have their own souls, that are controled to move the way the user whants it, that's why the rods are not needed.
    Yes, that is possible, of course the massive downside of that would be that Kabuto should then be able to control those bodies. I have trouble seeing why Madara would take that kind of a risk, Madara has already hinted that he doesn't want to give Kabuto anymore leverage. If Kabuto can control Madara's 6 paths that could be extremely danagerous for him. So my guess is, if those are Kabuto's resurrected Jinnchuuriki, Madara has found a way to override his control with his Rinnegan and Sharingan abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    As I stated I think its the Asuras path that transforms a corpse into a Pain puppet giving it a Rinnengan. The Asura path was the only one whose power was not clear. The missiles and laser beam in the head are not its ability thats just how that particular body was modified for combat because it has no active power for fighting it is used for Pain puppet making.
    That would make a lot of sense, it did seem like that particular path's abilities were out of place when compared to the other paths. Is that actually written somewhere in fact though?
    Last edited by artifice; 06-25-2011 at 03:11 PM.