View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

4 100.00%
  • l4l Great

0 0%
  • l3l Average

0 0%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%

Hybrid View

Bakuman 136 Discussion/137 Predictions

Chapter 136: "Extensions and Countermeasures"
    http://manga.redhawkscans.com/?manga...&page=1#page=1

Enjoy folks!

Excitement everywhere.
    Last edited by Jaiden; 06-17-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! How can a chapter be so exciting that I'm almost moved to tears! Seriously....this chapter rocked. Every other weekly series pales in comparison and the little anticipation I had for them is being fully thrown into Bakuman. At this rate...I'll only be reading Bakuman from WSJ.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    My gosh that was awesome!!
    And I totally get what you mean Arhazivory, except in my case i've almost completely forgotten what other manga I was reading. They're all either on hold or coming up with totally useless chapters =/ As of now, I can officially say Bakuman is the coolest manga i'm reading!
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

While I wouldn't go as far as saying that I've become less excited about the other WSJ series I read, I must say that Bakuman has stepped up. It's awesome how the authors can take several different stories and make them so damn detailed. The different manga's introduced in Bakuman could easily be standalone Jump series'.

I am very happy with how the story is progressing. Never a down moment.

So this is what a mainstream non-mainstream battle exactly means. Muto better do something similar to this if they want to surpass Eiji. This is the first time I've been so thrilled about a manga that's not exactly about fighting. Kudos to the mangaka! With this, who knows, Bakuman might actually surpass one piece..... hihi
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Everyone going over how to improve their stories, and being given visual aids at that, was a great touch. Really nice, since as of late the series has kind of adopted a ''tell don't show'' policy regarding that kind of stuff in contrast to the very beginning of the story.

Howeeeverr... All of this ''he has to continue!'' talk and justifications they're throwing out are really, really starting to rub me the wrong way, since in my experience, having an artist or author, or whomever continue on with the same story past the point where it was going to end almost always results in an inferior product. It's sugarcoated in-story, and Eiji himself approves, but it strikes me as desperation.

I makes me think that in ten years when One Piece, JUMP's biggest seller, finally gets around to wrapping up, guys are going to be throwing themselves off of the Shueisha building's roof.

anyway,The optimal resolution is for Crow to end, Ashirogi is practicing the character for their next manga already. There is heavy foreshadowing that there must be a resolution where in the immediate future, Ashirogi starts a new manga.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Everyone going over how to improve their stories, and being given visual aids at that, was a great touch. Really nice, since as of late the series has kind of adopted a ''tell don't show'' policy regarding that kind of stuff in contrast to the very beginning of the story.

Howeeeverr... All of this ''he has to continue!'' talk and justifications they're throwing out are really, really starting to rub me the wrong way, since in my experience, having an artist or author, or whomever continue on with the same story past the point where it was going to end almost always results in an inferior product. It's sugarcoated in-story, and Eiji himself approves, but it strikes me as desperation.

I makes me think that in ten years when One Piece, JUMP's biggest seller, finally gets around to wrapping up, guys are going to be throwing themselves off of the Shueisha building's roof.

anyway,The optimal resolution is for Crow to end, Ashirogi is practicing the character for their next manga already. There is heavy foreshadowing that there must be a resolution where in the immediate future, Ashirogi starts a new manga.
    That's almost always true lol which is why I agree that in the end nobody will be able to beat Crow and it'll end naturally. I'm also glad that Eiji's asshole vibe that we felt when the manga first started was completely different from how he actually is. Great developments from this manga.