Thread: Parents

Parents

Ok, so I was watching the Chiyo and Sakura fight Sasori, and during all the flashbacks of he's parents I realized that for so many characters it seems like what drives them forwards and make then unique compered to others it's the fact that they lost they parents. I'm just going to share what I remember and think and is interested in hearing you'r opinions on whether it's to many cases of it or if maybe Kishi put a little to much in it. Personally I think it's connected to all the hatred and it being one of the problems with the constant wars, as it's one of Nagato's main reasons for wanting peace.

We got Naruto ofc, which would have been a totally different person of he's parents where alive. Most likely popular(son of Yondaime and not a jinchuriki). H wouldn't have that personality where he is used to fight and take care of himself which is what's make everyone acknowledge him, this is also allot of what pushes him to always train and improve, a deep wish that people will know who he is. He wouldn't become friends with everyone and being able to know what they are feeling and going trough.

Sasori is shown to be happy, kind and loving he's parents and grandma. Then he's parents die's during a mission and he starts doing freaky stuff like making puppets of he's parents and pretending they are real. You can also see him hiding something dark when he is out walking with Chiyo and a little boy falls and hurts himself, but he's parents comfort him and he starts smiling and skip of happy, while Sasori just asks Chiyo to buy him some candy we see him sad and gloomy. And there he's obsession with eternal beauty starts, hence making human puppets which can only be killed/smashed, not age. And making him a dark and twisted person.

We don't get to see any flashbacks that shows Orochimaru loosing he's parents or how he feels about it, but Sarutobi and Jiraya mention some times that it all seemed to have started after he's parents died, tho pointing out that there were signs even before that. And they make it out to be a big reason for him going nuts so to speak.

The first time we see Nagato awaken the Rinnegan is when he's parents are killed. The reason Nagato wants to change the world is because he knows pain and believe that the only way there can be peace is if people know the same pain. The "pain" as he calls it started when he's parent s died and is part of what makes him and Naruto understand each other(Naruto not having parents and loosing Jiraya who was like a father to him).

There are several reasons why Sasuke hates Itachi(later on Konoha because Sasuke sees them to be the reason for it), him killing the Uchiha clan, him torturing Sasuke both mentally and physically, but above all for killing their parents. Whenever there is a flashback with Sasuke it's about either Itachi and/or he's parents, showing that the death of he's mom and dad far outweighs the death of the rest of the clan. He even asks Itachi why the parents in a way that states that the others is not important at all compared to them.

Arguably you one can also count Gaara, even tho he's fathers death haven't even been shown to be of any care to Gaara we know that when he's father ordered him to be killed it was a shock to him, ofc it would be that for everyone which had a father trying to have them killed, but I'm just saying it. And when this happens Gaara made it clear that he didn't want anything ti do with anyone and thus making he's father "dead to me". And this is not just about how ones persons parents death had an impact on them but also people around, like the tip of the iceberg for Gaara going crazy was he's uncle(moms brother) trying to kill him as he had always hated Gaara for causing he's sisters death.

Kakashi could have been mentioned but after he always wanted to be like he's father, but when he died he followed every rule in the ninja book, but changed back when Obito died. So I see no reason counting him.

So if there is anyone else you know of or if you got any comments please share =)

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Yeah, I've been wondering about that as well. So many parents have been killed so tragically. IMO, Kishi is just throwing "MY PARENTS DIED, SO I CAN BE TWISTED -Sasori.

Iruka's parents were killed by the Kyuubi.

A hard childhood and growing up without parents can understandably have a negative impact on a child. I think there are a few reasons for why so many of the parents have been killed. For one, it drives home the point that generational hatred brought on by the killing of loved ones is a major source of the conflicts that plague the Naruto world. People remember when their loved ones have been killed and it is very easy to feel a need to avenge that kind of loss which incidentally leads to more people losing the people who they love. That seems to be one of the main reasons why Itachi chose to kill the entire Uchiha clan himself. If the Elders had done it the entire village would have likely become a source of suspicion, fear, and hatred but because Itachi did it all himself he alone served as the target of all the hated. Rather than being seen as a political act of genocide it was regarded as the lone act of a crazed murderer.

Another point is that by seeing how some characters deal with the death of their parents and family in a negative way other characters find a way to make it a source of strength and empathy. Naruto himself struggled with feeling of hatred over the loss he face but unlike the villains of the story he found a way to channel that sadness into something other than hatred. Its a bit like one of the early songs at the beginning said "turn your sadness into kindness and your uniqueness into strength." Many of the characters in Naruto have lived very sad and unique lives and their uniqueness, in many cases made them feared and misunderstood. Not having parents around to encourage them and help them deal with that caused many of the characters to become twisted. Naruto himself was able to overcome those feelings by building friendships and learning to embrace the unique qualities he possessed and become strong and kind instead. I think that has been a major theme of the story. Naruto defeats some of his opponents not by overcoming them with strength but instead by empathising with them and explaining that while he can understand how they feel that doesn't justify their evil actions.

Gaara is a perfect example, he felt that because he had only really been shown hatred by others it justified him treating other people the same way. He became a monster because people treated him like one. Naruto changed Gaara by challenging his beliefs and pointing out that he too had been treated by a monster, he too had been hated and feared yet he had ultimately overcome those negative expectations. By showing that he had found people who had faith in him he showed Gaara that he could do the same if he was willing to work for it and earn the trust of his people.

I think the main point that the story has tried to emphasize is that loss is hard and it changes a person but how people choose to deal with loss is often what separates heroes from villains. As Kakashi says to Sasuke when Sasuke asks him what he would do if he killed everyone he loved, Kakashi replies by saying that everyone he loved has already been killed. Vengence can seem very just, when someone kills someone you love it can seem very reasonable to want to make them pay for it in blood but that attitude is largely what serves to perpetuate hatred between groups of people and across generations.

I do agree with both of you. My point, like @Tobirama said is that it seems to be to much of it, but yet, as you say @Artifice loosing a loved one, or two in this case, are probably the worst physical pain anyone could feel and then having the greatest chance to lead to wanting revenge. But I like your last point

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    I think the main point that the story has tried to emphasize is that loss is hard and it changes a person but how people choose to deal with loss is often what separates heroes from villains. As Kakashi says to Sasuke when Sasuke asks him what he would do if he killed everyone he loved, Kakashi replies by saying that everyone he loved has already been killed. Vengence can seem very just, when someone kills someone you love it can seem very reasonable to want to make them pay for it in blood but that attitude is largely what serves to perpetuate hatred between groups of people and across generations.

Never thought of it that way. It might be what Kishi is after, what makes a person is not what they have, but rather what they make out of what they have.

Spoiler!

Water type

hey, what happened to Sakuras parents...all of the characters have some story about where they are from, but Sakura doesn't....
    Ona sanja da sam oprao ruke,
    Da sam obrijan, da sam lep.
    Toplo je na jastuku,
    u polusnu.

Mirise na dorucak.
    Prijatan glas iz druge sobe se javlja,
    Kaze da je pocelo.
    Kaze da je pocelo.
    Idemo!

I thought her parents ran a flower shop (might be Ino though).

Quote Originally Posted by MJsusan View Post
    the thread is really so long. and I do not like the picture
    If that's all you have to say just don't say anything. And nobody cares.

It's Ino's parents who runs the flower shop. We sometimes in part 1 of Naruto hear Sakura scream to her mom, and then see hear inner thoughts about how annoying her parents are since they don't see her as the women she believe she is. Based on that and the time Sakura says to Sasuke that Naruto is so childish and wild is because he have no parents, it looks to me like she just have normal parents that have regular jobs.

Spoiler!

Water type