Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    I think it is likely that BB had some kind of power before the Yami Yami no mi.
    I just can't think that he could wound Shanks (a Haki user) without some power.
    Maybe he hid his Zoan DF and surprised Red Hair when they fought.
    The fight between BB and Shanks had to be before Ace set out to become a pirate and before Shanks had lost his arm. (So when Shanks was on par with Mihawk)
    Not necessarily, if you mean that Shanks was on par with Mihawk while already having the title of greatest swordsman. WB and Roger pirates had clashed a couple of times before so they could have fought in one of those fights where Shanks is still an apprentice. Somehow, I couldn't find any pictures of Shanks face after the Roger pirates were disbanded and Roger was executed. If anyone has, please tell me. His face was covered by his hat on Roger's execution and only on his back when he invited Yasopp to join him. Oda probably made it so to confuse readers on the exact time Shanks and BB fought. Only thing we know is that it was after the battle of ed war (Shiki vs Roger and about 2 years before Roger became PK) where shanks is still scar free and before he helped Luffy and lose his arm as he already had the scar. That's between Shanks apprenticeship and maybe his prime.
    Last edited by arisart; 06-19-2011 at 03:09 PM.

sig made by me

We also know that BB was strong enough to be considered Commander level, in place of Ace. So Shanks on Roger's ship isn't the only benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    We also know that BB was strong enough to be considered Commander level, in place of Ace. So Shanks on Roger's ship isn't the only benchmark.
    Can't remember that one. Iirc everybody on WB's ship thinks that Ace is the man to command the second division and BB is not even considered. If he was, then he would already occupied it since the 2nd division has gone without a commander for ages. Ace only asked BB out of seniority coz he has been a crew member for at least 2 decades.

If you're talking about BB taking down Tatch then he is, given he fought Tatch in a fight and not killed him in his sleep which is more likely.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Can't remember that one. Iirc everybody on WB's ship thinks that Ace is the man to command the second division and BB is not even considered. If he was, then he would already occupied it since the 2nd division has gone without a commander for ages. Ace only asked BB out of seniority coz he has been a crew member for at least 2 decades.

If you're talking about BB taking down Tatch then he is, given he fought Tatch in a fight and not killed him in his sleep which is more likely.
    true but BB dilebertly didn't take that position
    to keeep a low profile

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    true but BB dilebertly didn't take that position
    to keeep a low profile
    True, he may have hid his true strength to avoid being nominated for a rank. We really have no idea what's Shanks and BB's level when they fought each other. If I have to take a guess, both men were at the same level as Luffy was pre-time skip. I can imagine Shanks haven't learned his haki yet that's why BB was on par with him and was able to land a blow on his face. After that Shanks had learned how to use haki and went on to the next level and become Yonkou. BB meanwhile chose the path of gaining power through devil fruits and probably at Yonkou level at last.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    True, he may have hid his true strength to avoid being nominated for a rank. We really have no idea what's Shanks and BB's level when they fought each other. If I have to take a guess, both men were at the same level as Luffy was pre-time skip. I can imagine Shanks haven't learned his haki yet that's why BB was on par with him and was able to land a blow on his face. After that Shanks had learned how to use haki and went on to the next level and become Yonkou. BB meanwhile chose the path of gaining power through devil fruits and probably at Yonkou level at last.
    ... and the best way for a pirate to obtain DFs, is to join a huge pirate crew and roam the seas.

I can see that happen.

Now only one mistery remains: What kind of a weapon leaves such a "claw"-like scar?
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    ... and the best way for a pirate to obtain DFs, is to join a huge pirate crew and roam the seas.

I can see that happen.

Now only one mistery remains: What kind of a weapon leaves such a "claw"-like scar?
    verry well noticed :
    some kind a special glove or he's nails
    i think we will never found out

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    verry well noticed :
    some kind a special glove or he's nails
    i think we will never found out
    If we follow the 3 df theory, where BB already have a cerberus df long before he got his yami yami nomi then it could came from one of BB's attack while on his zoan mode.

sig made by me

I still question that Cerberus DF. Why would Marco and that say 2 DF and not 3? If that was what Marco meant by "Atypical" then he should have been surprised when BB got the Darkness ability and not when he took WB's Quake. The Scar is unknown, could be a type of weapon. But BB was strong enough for Ace to respect as a possible 2nd Division commander, in place of himself. Meaning Ace would have been happy to be under BB. He must have been something else back then I guess.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Cerberus theory is too perfect.

1.) BB has never been seen fighting with anything but darkness and fists, yet Shank's scar, given to him by BB, is in the shape of a claw mark (3 slashes)

2.) BB is missing three teeth, has 3 guns, and 3 knives. Oda's style is all over this as a hint.

3.) Marco and other WB crew members clearly know there is something special about BB's body, so its likely they knew he was a zoan user before he killed thatch and ducked out.

BB waited for the darkness fruit because it allows him to overcome a weakness he knew he had, which is the lack of haki (making logias impossible for him). Stealing WB's ability simply makes him earth-shatteringly dangerous, which could make his word = law if played right.

and other theory form 4chan
    Fruit spirits inhabit the fruits.
    You nab on the fruit, the spirit inhabits you.
    You die, the spirit exits to reform another fruit.
    GIVEN A PROPER COAT, you will trap said spirit in the body/deathbag.

Guess Blackbeard just got some of that coat and waited for said spirit exiting so he could suck it. Also, Ace is bagged.
    but as XioaXioa Stated(and this is a fact)..he doesn`t eat 2 Df he eat yami yami no mi and steal
    WB power... and from sbs 49

D: Question! "Whitebeard Edward Newgate," "Blackbeard Marshall D. Teach," "4th Squad Commander
    Thatch." These three all appear to be based off the real-life 18th century Caribbean
    pirate, Edward Teach (or sometimes Edward Thatch), aka "Blackbeard." Can you tell us more
    about this figure? P.N. G-on King
    O: All three, yes. As a matter of fact, Whitebeard and Thatch just take his name, but Blackbeard
    himself is completely modeled after the man. The real-life pirate called Blackbeard had
    many names, and one of them was "Thatch." He also went by "Drummond" and "Thache."
    He would braid his very long black beard and light smoking wicks hanging from his hat,
    and with the six pistols and three swords he bore, must have been the very figure of the
    Devil in battle. Countless stories exist of him shooting his own crew to teach them a
    lesson, and so on. There are legends that he hid a great treasure, but it has never been
    found. Now's your chance!
    Newgate & Thatch -> Names to -real- Blackbeard. He killed both of them and took both fruits.
    Blackbeard is not going to gain any more fruit, unless a character named Drummond appears in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----