Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun-ken Rock

Hybrid View

Sun-ken Rock

I didn't see a thread on this, however its become one of my favorites, this thread is about anything pertaining to this manga.

A brief on the plot.

The protagonist name is Ken, a high school hoodlum living in japan, he confesses to a girl named Yumi who turns him down saying while she doesn't not like him, she's Korean and is moving to Korea to become a police officer, a year goes by when Ken sees her on the news as a police officer - this inspires him to quit school/learn Korean/and follow her to Korea!

However things aren't all what he expected, after a year of being a shut-in in Korea he runs into her and lies about him having a job - down on his luck he goes to a ramen store without money, the old ramen owner gives him a bowl for free, while eating a group of 'Gondal' walk in and reck the shop - Ken beats them down and says he would protect the shop no matter what.

Tae-Soo a Boss of a small group watching the spectacle decides to bring ken into his organization, however after talking and fighting Ken he decides that Ken should be the boss.

Now being the leader of a small group Ken tries to protect the people in his district from larger groups who would do them harm.

Spoiler!

Two screenshots, just a look if you never seen/read it.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Airicks; 06-10-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    i love this manga, can't wait till it comes to the U.S

Spoiler!

Yeah, awesome indeed.
    One of my favs atm

lol nice spoiler - I was just giving a brief on the early story, not trying to give a review of all that happened so far

Also for being a Seinen it updates regularly - its up to volume 11 (or Level 69) though its only out that far in french.

the artwork is incredible in this manga i love it

One of my favorites atm, Ken seriously kicks ass. I thought that there was a page for this awhile back though....

Hi all,
    I'm a huge fan of Sun Ken Rock and every manga by Boichi, I even created a website dedicated to it : www.sunkenrock.com (I think I even saw Airicks on it).
    I've found this thread as I was searching for new info about SKR, that task is still so hard...

Anyways, I'm also the raw provider/cleaner for Sun Ken Rock and raw provider/TL/TS for Space Chef Caisar with XscansX and Trollscans. I hope that you'll enjoy that manga as much as I do.
    I received volume 11 a few days ago and it was awesome, as always, so much epicness

seems like there was already a thread for Sun Ken Rock : http://www.mangashare.com/forums/thr...en-Rock-Boichi but it seems to be dead. Maybe merging the 2 thread ?
    Last edited by Weaper; 06-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.

I looked for a thread on here and didn't see it, idk I guess I didn't search hard enough, though as you said that thread looked dead (last post being in October of 2010).

And yeah it was me, I was looking for news and stumbled on your site, its pretty cool - added to my favorites to be sure lol.

Also wanted to say thanks for providing the raws - since I seen/read it, its become my favorite manga.

btw, who already read that mangaka's other works ? they are awesome.

could u name a few?