• Good

1 5.26%
  • Decent

1 5.26%
  • Bad

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ^@ Leat

That's kind of my point. Orihime's powers have been shown to have limits, or @ least things she hasn't done so far. (Correct me If I'm wrong, my mistake) but Orihime reverses the damage on the body, and we have never seen that done when a weapon was still in the body. She doesn't or can't just reverse the weapon and wound away. She can't even revert a weapon into nothingness, apparently seeing as she has never done it. Also for instance, why couldn't she just reverse Ichigo's powerless state back to before, @ no point? No doubt she's powerful, but she does have limits, so far anyway.

The way I see it, it is possible that the ability to "hear" that Yukio canceled out referred to "everything". In other words, Orihime can heal anything but if it's too quick a shot @ too vital a point, (especially perhaps on her self), then it would be like if some1 stabbed her in the head in the part of her brain that controls her abilities, and left the weapon there. That's how I see this situation might be explained. She might be "willing" all she wants, but if her will cannot connect with her ability to use and control her abilities, then it all still means nothing, and her powers would never activate in the 1st place. They would never activate Regardless of if she believed in her abilities or not. Thus the earlier muscle analogy.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    ^@ Leat

That's kind of my point. Orihime's powers have been shown to have limits, or @ least things she hasn't done so far. (Correct me If I'm wrong, my mistake) but Orihime reverses the damage on the body, and we have never seen that done when a weapon was still in the body. She doesn't or can't just reverse the weapon and wound away. She can't even revert a weapon into nothingness, apparently seeing as she has never done it. Also for instance, why couldn't she just reverse Ichigo's powerless state back to before, @ no point? No doubt she's powerful, but she does have limits, so far anyway.

The way I see it, it is possible that the ability to "hear" that Yukio canceled out referred to "everything". In other words, Orihime can heal anything but if it's too quick a shot @ too vital a point, (especially perhaps on her self), then it would be like if some1 stabbed her in the head in the part of her brain that controls her abilities, and left the weapon there. That's how I see this situation might be explained. She might be "willing" all she wants, but if her will cannot connect with her ability to use and control her abilities, then it all still means nothing, and her powers would never activate in the 1st place. They would never activate Regardless of if she believed in her abilities or not. Thus the earlier muscle analogy.
    I wouldn't call them limits so much in the sense that outside forces limit her, because the only thing that can limit her at this point is herself. However, I think some of your points are moot because just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean that she can't. The proper conclusion is, we don't know.

As for why she didn't revert Ichigo, there are many reasons for that, one for example being that he deserved a normal life. Outwards, he never wanted to give in that he missed his powers, and even though Orihime and Chad said that they always believed he would get them back, the question is, is it in Orihime's power to decide whether he should or not? Maybe she could have reverted his powers, but he probably never asked her about it. When you have powers, you have a responsbility with how you use them and to not use them carelessly. This is the same reason she didn't initially heal Ishida either, even though they both knew she could.

If Orihime is "willing" enough, she won't be hurt in the first place. Her shield will be up to protect her.