1 5.26%
  • Decent

1 5.26%
  • Bad

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Damnit this is buggin me,

Can anyone explain what's on the first panel of page 18? ...I can't make out what that is.
    Basically it is a copy of the scene from DMC3, where Dante is piled down with his own sword, but then he awakens, the sword goes up in the air (on the right side, it is Ginjou's sword) and Dante goes with a fist against Vergill (in this case, Ichigo's fist is transforming in to blade). On the next page, Ginjou grabs Ichigo's blade to control the outburst.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Ginjo is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in Bleach. I just love to see that type of ice cold, bare bones brutality and I very much doubt it was ALL an act, he has that side to him and Ichigo just got a sneak peek.

On Ginjo alone, this chapter was awesome.
    Actually, I was waiting for one sentence from Ginjou : "Our aim is to restore your power, but I never said that I will give it back to you."

BTW They added a color page:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Basically it is a copy of the scene from DMC3, where Dante is piled down with his own sword, but then he awakens, the sword goes up in the air (on the right side, it is Ginjou's sword) and Dante goes with a fist against Vergill (in this case, Ichigo's fist is transforming in to blade). On the next page, Ginjou grabs Ichigo's blade to control the outburst.
    DMC3 was my fav game, young Dante is awesome,

Anyway I was just wondering, does Ichigo have his reiatsu back now or can he only sense it?

I have a feeling Urahara is going to pop in the training room with Isshin & the mystery Shinigami.

But I'm curious to know about Rukia's voice which Ichigo heard for a brief moment, Kubo kinda left us in the dark with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    So if there is a burst before completing a fullbring, does it mean that Chad's (as he still needs to train) and Orihime's (?) isn't complete ?
    Anyway, step 1 complete, I wonder what are the other one(s).
    Agreed, on both possibilitities, and questions. But think we still got some chapters before they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    Ever since SS, ichigo's bankai design reminds me of NEo's(keanu reeves) outfit in matrix, almost similar thing with the blinding of the eye you mentioned when neo went blind. I guess kubo is a matrix fan haha
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Also... was it just me, or was the whole blind stuff completely taken out of Matrix? I mean, Neo kind of had to become blind too before he could actually see the interonnectedness of all machines as well and thus achieve the full level of the One's power. So, sticking to the Jesus theme, does it mean that Ichigo must loose his physical body as the last part in order to become a shinigami? The way this is going it seems to imply so, which makes it even more interesting considering the comments from Isshin and Urahara.

Also, I thought Zero's comment was interesting that Chad and Orihime's fullbring are not complete. This makes me wonder what exactly there will be in store for them as well, making me think that they might have larger roles to fulfill in their future, particularly Orihime.

I knew that stuff seemed kind of familiar but before you guys mentioned it, never could figure out where. But yeah, especially Ichigo's bankai design reminds me of it.
    Agreed on the Chad and Orihime idea. think it's possible to tie to her parents as well(might be why they were particularly mentioned lately.

Anyyway, aside from these quirky things, I have to say this chapter was great although I am disappointed Orihime didn't try to break the containment, although it might be possible she did but failed. Does this mean that on Yukio's terms, he is actually stronger than Orihime? Seems to be a bit like what happens if an unstoppable force meets and unmovable object?
    Or within the game, Yukio's power might be quite more powerful than any1. Or it's possible since no1 could "hear" Orihime, the same could be applied to her abilities in that they couldn't "hear" her, like a muscle not totally getting the instruction to move.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Good Call
    I rather thought it looked like shades of DaRK pHOENIX
    Spoiler!
    Except it goes a little "awry" in terms of the face and chest area.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Or within the game, Yukio's power might be quite more powerful than any1. Or it's possible since no1 could "hear" Orihime, the same could be applied to her abilities in that they couldn't "hear" her, like a muscle not totally getting the instruction to move.
    "Within the game" = Yukio's terms.

We have to remember that Orihime's powers work through her will, so the stronger she wants, the more powerful her powers. Since what we know so far is that she has the ability to reject anything, she would in theory be able to reject Yukio's containment even though it is made on his terms. This means either a) Yukio's powers are similar to Orihime's and we have the whole deal "what happens if an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object" or b) Orihime unconsciously accepted Yukio's terms. Because we will never know what she tried to say, we will never know whether she did try to break out.

I'd like to see Yukio try to trap Aizen on HGQ

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think once your inside Yukio's video game it's all over.

His like the trainman from matrix, he was running for his life when they spotted him however when he was inside his world he knocked out neo with one punch.

I think Yukio's rules are absolute regardless how powerful you are.

His like the trainman from matrix, he was running for his life when they spotted him however when he was inside his world he knocked out neo with one punch.
    This is another matrix comparison, now kubo is really a matrix fan hehe

Haven't we seen time and again that there's no thing truly absolute? I am quite sure that Baragan thought his aging power to be absolute, n the end Aizen crushed his axe with reiatsu alone.

In the end, it's all about Reiatsu.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Haven't we seen time and again that there's no thing truly absolute? I am quite sure that Baragan thought his aging power to be absolute, n the end Aizen crushed his axe with reiatsu alone.

In the end, it's all about Reiatsu.
    Are you referring to when barragan threw his axe towards aizen after hachigen use barragan's own power against him? Aizen didn't use any reaistu there or whatever, he just stood there turned his head and did nothing, Its just that before the axe could reach aizen barragan's body was obliterated by his own "aging", his axe(zanpaktou) is part of his body as all espadas. Before it even touch aizen it disintegrated into thin air same time his body did. No indication,drawing,text or even an explanation that aizen used reiatsu to crush his axe, it was just his axe flying towards aizen, unlike when aizen crushed soifon's two hit technique using reiatsu, where aizen explained it to her, its very obvious. Soifon's power was never said to be absolute, it was never expressed as ABSOLUTE like what kubo did to barragan's ability.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v43/c371/15.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v43/c371/16.html

Though i get you're point. That not all seems absolute. That all is about reiatsu. That we can assume that even barragan's aging can't "age" the hogyouku coz i ASSUME that the hogyouku is even more absolute than that of barragan's "aging". The only thing here i'm not agreeing is with your statement that "aizen crushed barragans sword with his reiatsu", nothing indicates it in the manga and in the anime (w/ sounds, animations) that aizen ever used reiatsu

That's because Orihime's powers cannot be compared to The One. The One's powers was limited to begin with - it had to follow set rules and regulations because it was consciously created as a system anomaly (yes, I've seen Matrix... a lot). The difference between The One and regular people who were within the Matrix is that The One could bend rules much more efficiently, thus being faster and stronger than anyone else.

Further, the whole deal about The Matrix as a trilogy was that there are no rules. Remember the girl with the sppon and she says "there is no spoon"? Matrix's rules only exist if you allow the rules to exist, it's all in your head. In social science we call this social constructs, when humans create abstract boundaries such as laws and regulations that exist only as long as people recognize that they do.

The whole deal with Matrix was that when people no longer recognize something as true, it can no longer be true. This is why my b) question with Orihime is so important, because if she indeed unconsciously accepted Yukio's terms as true, then it didn't matter how strongly she wanted to get out because she upheld his laws by accepting them.

I hope this didn't get too confusing.

So, to return to Orihime to clarify my point - whereas The One, that is, The One as a system anomaly, has set rules and boundaries of what The One can do, but only if the person fulfilling the properties of being The One believes he is The One (this is why Morpheus kept emphasizing the importance of belief to Neo), there is no set boundary of Orihime's powers. Her powers are not absolute either, because her powers are solely controlled out of her will. So, if we understand how the concept works within the Matrix, that is, belief and disbelief, accepting truth as truth and not accepting truth as truth, same deal applies to Orihime's powers. As long as she accepts Yukio's powers as being stronger than hers, she cannot reject. Rejecting truth, rejecting belief, that is her power, but only as long as she believes in her own.

c wut did thar?