8 33.33%
  • |3| Average

3 12.50%
  • |2| Bad

1 4.17%
  • |1| Terrible

1 4.17%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    -Actually Minato has got three more.. speed, speed, speed... oh and one more thing... speed. That should be enough. hahaha
    It's all about efficiency and coolness. pose,speed,strike,pose,speed,strike,pose... Remember Jiraiya's way of ninja.. It's not about the number of justos you learned. It's all about determination, will and the guts to never give up. Minato must have inherited that the same ninja way. And I think that's cool enough in the context of Naruto manga.

-Raikage would've died from Minato's Kunai if it wasn't for Bee rescuing him. Flawless Defense and a killer counter attack in just a split second and that's against someone who has almost equal speed and greater brute strength.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    -Actually Minato has got three more.. speed, speed, speed... oh and one more thing... speed. That should be enough. hahaha
    It's all about efficiency and coolness. pose,speed,strike,pose,speed,strike,pose... Remember Jiraiya's way of ninja.. It's not about the number of justos you learned. It's all about determination, will and the guts to never give up. Minato must have inherited that the same ninja way. And I think that's cool enough in the context of Naruto manga.
    Yet inspite of saying that it isn't all about the number of techniques Jiraiya used quite a few, he wasn't saying that techniques don't matter he was refuting Orochimaru's belief that the number of techniques basically defines a ninja (in other words there is more to being a ninja than just the number of techniques a person can perform). As I said, based on the circumstance it is fair to see why Minato wouldn't need to use more techniques than he does, since most of his battles have been skirmishes. My point remains though, I think he does have more techniques that he hasn't shown considering most S-Class ninja seem to have an abundance of skills, I can't really think of any good reason for why Minato would only have 3 or 4 techniques. Like I said every technique he uses besides his time/space techniques are used by other people. I think it would be interesting to see more from him.

-Raikage would've died from Minato's Kunai if it wasn't for Bee rescuing him. Flawless Defense and a killer counter attack in just a split second and that's against someone who has almost equal speed and greater brute strength.
    That seems unlikely considering Sasuke's chidori sword bounced off of Raikage's lightening armor, unless Minato's kunai was wind augmented I think its very unlikely that it would have done much to Raikage. It would be cool if the kunai was wind augmented, and it is certainly possible that it was, but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete to indicae that it was.

- Raikage only has lightning armor level 1 and level 2 and taijutso. There seems to be no problem about that.
    - Won't chakra augmenter blade like that used by the samurai get through the lightning armor? Though it would really make sense if Minato used wind element. From whom would have Naruto inherited his chakra affinity?
    -of course wind augmented blade would surely get through the lightning armor. Wind > lightnig... Wind can actually cancel lightning since it scatters the polarity of air and cut off the flow of electricity through the air.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    Yet inspite of saying that it isn't all about the number of techniques Jiraiya used quite a few, he wasn't saying that techniques don't matter he was refuting Orochimaru's belief that the number of techniques basically defines a ninja (in other words there is more to being a ninja than just the number of techniques a person can perform). As I said, based on the circumstance it is fair to see why Minato wouldn't need to use more techniques than he does, since most of his battles have been skirmishes. My point remains though, I think he does have more techniques that he hasn't shown considering most S-Class ninja seem to have an abundance of skills, I can't really think of any good reason for why Minato would only have 3 or 4 techniques. Like I said every technique he uses besides his time/space techniques are used by other people. I think it would be interesting to see more from him.

That seems unlikely considering Sasuke's chidori sword bounced off of Raikage's lightening armor, unless Minato's kunai was wind augmented I think its very unlikely that it would have done much to Raikage. It would be cool if the kunai was wind augmented, and it is certainly possible that it was, but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete to indicae that it was.
    1) Considering he was hokage and a requirement of being hokage is to know over 1000 techniques its obvious he knows more than just those attacks
    2) Isnt it even more impressive that hes defeating these same S-class nin with 100's of different jutsu's using just three moves?

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    Think that's simply Kishimoto's reasoning, only. He has a pretty legendary , "dead character technically since before this story started" and he doesn't want to show something other than these abilities that have ties to now. This way, there's no wondering "why didn't he use that then, and he would've been alive now?" thinking bought on by the differing attacks. Also he maintains the mystery, and thus the myth of the Minato's abilities, until Naruto overcomes these. Jiraiya also said he was doing the different attacks to have fun, show Naruto possibilities, and not get repetitive , which in a manga is important for your audience as well. Way I see it with Minato is that he's even taking the fodder ninja seriously, yet only using exactly what is needed to fight them, (during w. e. part of the fight is shown); Meaning if the situation required it, and( if that part of the fight is shown to us), then we might see more abilities in the future. And those space/ time techniques are still kind of the most useful, in Naruto, so if you had 3-4 of those, why use that many others?

Liked the display of "A's and B's relationship". Loved how B kept saying my dream is to be stronger than you, and Rakaige kept saying, you mean equal to me, yet Bee knew what he was saying in the 1st place.Yeah, the Minato appearances made this chapter much better though.

+ Ditto, on the overkill on the double lariat for some1 who seemed like all talk.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

- Raikage only has lightning armor level 1 and level 2 and taijutso. There seems to be no problem about that.
    - Won't chakra augmenter blade like that used by the samurai get through the lightning armor? Though it would really make sense if Minato used wind element. From whom would have Naruto inherited his chakra affinity?
    -of course wind augmented blade would surely get through the lightning armor. Wind > lightnig... Wind can actually cancel lightning since it scatters the polarity of air and cut off the flow of electricity through the air.

The Raikage's armor was able to defend against even Chidori which only knicked him and didnt really penetrate his body much so no the Samurai attack would not be able to cut through it as thats just chakra compared to compressed shape & nature manipulation that is chidori.

If Minato used wind Nature in his Kunai then yes it would have cut the Raikage as Lightning is weak to Wind. How badly really depends how much power was put into both attacking and defending jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by ddemon23 View Post
    1) Considering he was hokage and a requirement of being hokage is to know over 1000 techniques its obvious he knows more than just those attacks

2) Isnt it even more impressive that hes defeating these same S-class nin with 100's of different jutsu's using just three moves?

1) No no no you dont have to know 1000 jutsu its just a way of saying you need to be experienced & knowledgeable. The number of jutsu's someone knows was never brought up during the meeting with the Feudal lord to decide the 6th Hokage.

2) Yea in a way limiting a characters skill set makes it more creative and forces Kishi to think more tactically and keeps things more grounded rather than just making every character develop some perfect new jutsu for every fight.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    The Raikage's armor was able to defend against even Chidori which only knicked him and didnt really penetrate his body much so no the Samurai attack would not be able to cut through it as thats just chakra compared to compressed shape & nature manipulation that is chidori.
    The way I see it. The reason how come Sasuke's chidori only knicked Raikage is because the lightning armor basically canceled the piercing power amplified by lightning. The lightning in chidori just conducted over the lighning armor so it was the piercing power of sasuke's hand alone that knicked the Raikage. It was without the piercing power of lightning and it doesn't show the defensive strength of the lightning armor. It basically shows dynamics of same affinity attacks against each other. The same thing Sasuke did when Bee was trying to cut Sabusa's sword with his lightning sword, he let lightning flow through it to cancel Bee's lightning augmented blade. The lightning armor increases one's speed but I'm not sure if it thickens the skin or it lessens the power of chakra augmented blades.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    2) Yea in a way limiting a characters skill set makes it more creative and forces Kishi to think more tactically and keeps things more grounded rather than just making every character develop some perfect new jutsu for every fight.
    Exactly.

The way I see it. The reason how come Sasuke's chidori only knicked Raikage is because the lightning armor basically canceled the piercing power amplified by lightning. The lightning in chidori just conducted over the lighning armor so it was the piercing power of sasuke's hand alone that knicked the Raikage. It was without the piercing power of lightning and it doesn't show the defensive strength of the lightning armor. It basically shows dynamics of same affinity attacks against each other. The same thing Sasuke did when Bee was trying to cut Sabusa's sword with his lightning sword, he let lightning flow through it to cancel Bee's lightning augmented blade. The lightning armor increases one's speed but I'm not sure if it thickens the skin or it lessens the power of chakra augmented blades.

Exactly.
    You're probably right about the lightning armor negating Chidori. Sasuke really struggled against those brothers, and a lot of it was because of their lightning element. They were the perfect opponents to force him to experiment with his Mangekyou.

Sasuke was able to counter the Samurai chakra augmented attacks with his own lightening augmented sword. I don't see why Raikage's armor wouldn't be able to block regular chakra blades in light of that, or why it would even be refered to as lightening armour if its shielding effects were limited to shielding from one element. Chidori is a very focused lightening elemental thrust, I believe that is the only reason it was able to pierce the armour at all.

MANGA*POLICE
    minato could have killed them both..if not both he would have killed the raikage in a one on one battle. i would have loved to see more action. can wait for naruto to get that jutsu and to have his natural speed match or be better than his fathers