8 33.33%
  • |3| Average

3 12.50%
  • |2| Bad

1 4.17%
  • |1| Terrible

1 4.17%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    This is one of the best chap. in Naruto. A is just so beast and yet, Minato has so awesome reflexes.
    And KB.. OHMAIGOD!!!!!

What kind of attack did Minato use to cut KB,s tentacle or whatever? Was it some type of nature manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by master.roly View Post
    What kind of attack did Minato use to cut KB,s tentacle or whatever? Was it some type of nature manipulation?
    Possibly a wind augmented kunai much like Asuma used. It could have also been a chakra augmented weapon like what the Samurai use though, another disadvantage of having no color in manga, its often difficult to tell the difference between those kinds of techniques.

I didn't like the beginning of this chapter at all really, I didn't think it added much character to A or B. The part with Minato was what made it decent. Even still though I would have liked to see a lot more, it was interesting to see the exchange of speed and see Minato quickly set up a teleportation array. The problem is that all of the little fights we have seen Minato in seem to be like that, we have seen how fast he is and how he can teleport but we haven't really seen a whole lot else. He is yet another character who has only really been shown in limited skimishes. His actions make sense based on the situations we have seen him in but I still find it a bit disappointing that we never get to see him do much besides teleport around. As I find to be the case with many characters their primary abilities are interesting the first time we see them but the novelty wears off. I would like to see him do a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinratenshi View Post
    True, but before she became its jinchuriki, she was kidnapped by the cloud...

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page007.html
    No, that kidnapping attempt happened after she became the Jinchuuriki. That's why A said Minato thwarted their attempt to capture the Kyuubi; Kushina must have been the Jinchuuriki when they kidnapped her.

So the real question is how did they know about her, especially considering Konoha's leadership keeping their control of the Kyuubi a secret to everyone, including their own villagers.

Good chapter, even though the flashbacks are time consuming I personally think (some of them) are good for the development of the story.
    "RESPECT"

It was nice to see Minato again.

If it was one on one, Minato would surely own A. He might also beat the tag team.
    Too bad we only get to see glimpses of what Minato can do.. And even with that, he is AWESOME.

The statement Minato left, would surely change the way the Raikage thinks.

Kushina had unusual chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    The problem is that all of the little fights we have seen Minato in seem to be like that, we have seen how fast he is and how he can teleport but we haven't really seen a whole lot else. He is yet another character who has only really been shown in limited skimishes. His actions make sense based on the situations we have seen him in but I still find it a bit disappointing that we never get to see him do much besides teleport around. As I find to be the case with many characters their primary abilities are interesting the first time we see them but the novelty wears off. I would like to see him do a bit more.
    Indeed, it's not the Shadow Clone that's important; in fact, it's very unimpressive. It's the users ability to create literally hundreds of them in the blink of an eye, then transform those into rocks and debris before that same blink finishes, and have them lie in wait JUST IN CASE you get your opponent into just the right position.

In the same way, Minato's fight with Tobi/Madara/TonyTheTiger pretty much negates your statment. Recall that in that one fight, he teleported the bijuu bomb death ball away from the villiage, avoided a Sharingan-based technique ALREADY IN PROGRESS, used the next level of his signature technique while undoing a Sharingan-based control WHILE WHILE shoving a rasangan up ol' dude's ass, THEN pulled out a Death God sealing technique AND an eight-triagram seal, and proceeded to literally tear the Kyuubi apart and put the pieces away into conveniently located containers.

After that fight, I'm not sure what more he could be shown doing in a serious battle. Besides, his whole thing is speed--it should hold that his fights are decided very quickly.

Minato should have kept a Kunai or two at the bottom of the Occean, just for emergency use on Big Bad Loud opponents.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Indeed, it's not the Shadow Clone that's important; in fact, it's very unimpressive. It's the users ability to create literally hundreds of them in the blink of an eye, then transform those into rocks and debris before that same blink finishes, and have them lie in wait JUST IN CASE you get your opponent into just the right position.

In the same way, Minato's fight with Tobi/Madara/TonyTheTiger pretty much negates your statment. Recall that in that one fight, he teleported the bijuu bomb death ball away from the villiage, avoided a Sharingan-based technique ALREADY IN PROGRESS, used the next level of his signature technique while undoing a Sharingan-based control WHILE WHILE shoving a rasangan up ol' dude's ass, THEN pulled out a Death God sealing technique AND an eight-triagram seal, and proceeded to literally tear the Kyuubi apart and put the pieces away into conveniently located containers.

After that fight, I'm not sure what more he could be shown doing in a serious battle. Besides, his whole thing is speed--it should hold that his fights are decided very quickly.
    My point is, those are all techniques that we knew he could do from very early on. We haven't seen him use or show any completely knew techniques at all (aside from perhaps the sealing technqiue he used on Madara). If you look at most of the other high end characters, every time we see them in action we see knew abilities. Take Jiraiya and Orochimaru for instance, each battle they appeared in they not only showed variations on abilities we had already seen from them we saw them perform techniques that were completely knew to us, that made their battles much more interesting to watch. Seeing minor variations on the same technique only goes so far. S-Class Ninja typically have a very broad range of techniques. Most of the abilities Minato uses are also used by other characters as well so it decreases their intrigue, I would just like to see a little more. Just because a character has a signature ability doesn't mean they don't have a lot of other techniques to go along with it, Jiraiya's signature is toads but he has shown many other abilities. I am fine with Minato's primary abilities being his teleportation and Rasengan but I would like to see him show a bit more variety more in line with the other major S-Class characters. We have seen many characters who have speed and close range attacks like rasengan, from my perspective it isn't that impressive or interesting to watch, especially in light of all the other abilities on the field. Jiraiya used Rasengan but he also used more than a dozen other techniques so it was always interesting, I am not saying Minato has to be the same but I would like to see more variety from him.