• |3| Average

3 16.67%
  • |2| Bad

1 5.56%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aversion View Post
    Way too much emphasis on Riruku and Orihime this chapter, waste of space. Decent chapter at best, should be interesting to see Ichigo fight blind. Maybe his next stage of fullbring will allow him to "sense" spiritual pressures (or fullbring pressure, for lack of a better name) to an extent.

Severely disappointed that they didnt reveal the mystery shinigami however.
    I wonder if Kubo has some pending future purpose for that dialog. We learnt that Orihime's parents were viloent, that she has an Aunt who minds her finances and her grades, that she is a donnut glutton, and that Riruka is a stereo typical Manga prima donna (a brat).

Now What any of this has to do with Bleach Beats the Flummox out of me.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

This chapter gave me a craving for donuts, which was then replaced by sadness at my inability to procure said sugary substance. C'est la vie

Riruka acts rude, arrogant and bitchy on the outside to try and present a facade of toughness. She definitely strikes me as the type who is inwardly sensitive and puts up a front because she's afraid of being hurt, most likely from a previous occurrence from her past which was hinted at this chapter. She's very similar to Orhime in that regard, and yet completely opposite due to how the latter instead placates her front with a fake smile and illogical optimism. She used to be a stepford smiler after all.

On the brighside post-skip Orhime is much more mature and strong willed. She and Chad have gone to great lengths not to become burdens and that's why they make such great allies and friends for Ichigo. They ground him, understand his need to protect others, and also know it's important he doesn't go about his business alone needlessly endangering himself.

Eye slashing caught me off guard, until I remembered Orhime can bat it away with a simple wave of her hair clip. Not until afterwards of course. Ginjo is such an enigmatic hardass, still wondering what he's really after.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Ginjou just continues to impress, he's quickly becoming one of my favorites. He remains relentless, calculating, & uncaring in a way none of Ichigo's previous mentors were capable of being. In addition, he's done his homework obviously, he knew what would motivate Ichigo the most and then decided it wasn't enough. Awesome.

Gotta say I'm liking this new Orihime even more, she's having a real impact aside from just being a living Philosopher's Stone.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Weell, I'm not a real fan of Inoue but since she's showed up in this arc she's been much much better than in Hueco Mundo, or in any other arc she showed up...actually she's watch- and readable this time..hope she just stays that way now...less annoying.

Ginjou is really great, as Genesis said he differs a lot from all the previous teachers, he knows Inoue is there to heal him so he's using the most brutal ways to get Ichigo 'back in shape'. I'm really looking forward to him gaining his shinigami powers back...now that he's blind I wonder how will he figure out to defeat Ginjou.
    Make it's going to be just like with Tousen? I'm blind but I still can see..would be paradox.

A good chapter, not great but at least good...hope for more action the next week..this was too much talk.

he really is shaping up to be very Aizen like.
    Aizen's blade had a feeling of lonliness about it.

On a side note, I must be the only one who actually enjoyed the chit chat between Orihime and Riruka. I actually find their interaction the most complex so far, especially how so little about nothing reveals so much about them, but more importantly, it helps me to enjoy Riruka more and more. Now I am really curious to know about her past and what role she will play in the future. Since she is so emphasized of all the Fullbringers, she must have some more important role to play. For those who played Twilight Princess, Riruka reminds me a lot about Midna and if a similar transformation will occur, well, that would just be wtfsuperawesome.

Also, I loved the brutal way Kubo decided to go actually making Ichigo blind (and it was beautifully drawn). To mutilate a main character takes quite some guts. Now, it is true that this effect will not be permanent, but mutilation will always have a severe impact of how the main character will function. The part about Zangetsu and sun glasses is actually an interesting comment. Oddly, I found this chapter way superior than the last one, which got much better general critique

Oh lol, I just have to add this as well but Ginjo as Darth Vader and Ichigo as Luke anyone? I just thought the way they became mutilated and the relationship they have to their "teachers", in lack for a better word, is very similar. Also, this is the first time no arms flew off.

Here's the description of Riruka's character, btw. She's actually very stereotyped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere
    Last edited by LeaT; 06-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    On the brighside post-skip Orhime is much more mature and strong willed. She and Chad have gone to great lengths not to become burdens and that's why they make such great allies and friends for Ichigo. They ground him, understand his need to protect others, and also know it's important he doesn't go about his business alone needlessly endangering himself.
    Yeah, truly hoping Chad (especially) + Orihime get to really show us something besides their spirits. For the longest time, they've had great potential but always get to rise to a much lower point of their potential, than everybody else. It's about times they even just get in the range of being considered equals.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I wonder if Kubo has some pending future purpose for that dialog. We learnt that Orihime's parents were viloent, that she has an Aunt who minds her finances and her grades, that she is a donnut glutton, and that Riruka is a stereo typical Manga prima donna (a brat).

Now What any of this has to do with Bleach Beats the Flummox out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Aizen's blade had a feeling of lonliness about it.

On a side note, I must be the only one who actually enjoyed the chit chat between Orihime and Riruka. I actually find their interaction the most complex so far, especially how so little about nothing reveals so much about them, but more importantly, it helps me to enjoy Riruka more and more. Now I am really curious to know about her past and what role she will play in the future. Since she is so emphasized of all the Fullbringers, she must have some more important role to play.
    I actually find it interesting in the sense that the way it was introduced was like 1 of those things you never would think would be important, but 100 chapters later, you're "duh - duhing" yourself over not making the connection earlier. And I believe Orihime said something like, not just that they were violent, but they would have killed her had she stayed with them. Which raises the question: Why?..
    That + the recent addition of mostly only human "players" added make me wonder if they could play a part in the future of Bleach. If they even have a fraction of Orihime's abilities, it would be interesting, and it would be great character development for Orihime, greatly outweighing all that has been done with her before.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Ginjou just continues to impress, he's quickly becoming one of my favorites. He remains relentless, calculating, & uncaring in a way none of Ichigo's previous mentors were capable of being. In addition, he's done his homework obviously, he knew what would motivate Ichigo the most and then decided it wasn't enough. Awesome.
    And Urahara did the same homework, but what disturbs me is that Ginjou's "homework" seems more of a mix at training Ichigo, and finding a way to still beat that final trained product that Ichigo becomes, somewhat similar to Aizen.
    And although, Aizen's blade had a feeling of loneliness to it, if he wasn't lying about his indirect or direct involvement with all of Ichigo's fights, then he shows, or rather Ginjou shows a remarkable similarity to his training method, although a little bit more hands on.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Someone said Kubo is trolling his fans...true.

How could he not be aware that long time Bleach readers are all wondering "what Gives" about this Ginjo guy. How or why does he know so much about Shinigamis, shinigami substitutes, or Kurosaki's family and Isshin in particular?

Just how does he know about Urahara and just as important, Does Urahara also know about Ginjo? You'd think that someone like Urahara would have noticed Ginjo and his gang a long time ago.

Finally, how does Ginjo seem to know so much about Ichigo's motivation, "RESOLVE" etc. Did he learn these things from Chad, from Isshin, from Urahara, or was he just really good at sneeking around, shadowing some of the most powerful beings in the Bleach-verse without being detected?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ He can read minds. But really the way he spoken at the time of Ichigo's first fullbring training and now...

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Someone said Kubo is trolling his fans...true.

How could he not be aware that long time Bleach readers are all wondering "what Gives" about this Ginjo guy. How or why does he know so much about Shinigamis, shinigami substitutes, or Kurosaki's family and Isshin in particular?

Just how does he know about Urahara and just as important, Does Urahara also know about Ginjo? You'd think that someone like Urahara would have noticed Ginjo and his gang a long time ago.

Finally, how does Ginjo seem to know so much about Ichigo's motivation, "RESOLVE" etc. Did he learn these things from Chad, from Isshin, from Urahara, or was he just really good at sneeking around, shadowing some of the most powerful beings in the Bleach-verse without being detected?
    Definitely also wondering about that last paragraph, it's why Ginjou is so aggravating. It's also entirely possible, he's like a master bluffer who reads peoples every move like a book, I suppose....
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

cool chapter. 5/5 not much else for me to say here. so..........
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]