View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

6 60.00%
  • l4l Great

3 30.00%
  • l3l Average

1 10.00%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fairy Tail 236 Discussion/237 Predictions

Fairy Tail: "Erza vs Azuma"

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

So it seems.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

If Erza dies, I will quit this manga.

If Fairy Tail wins this war after all, I will quit this manga too.

It was cool to see Gerard again, hope he beats his way outta there and joins Fairy Tail so he can be together with his beloved one. Seems to late for him to take action and help them now.

I predicted last week that Erza should bring a new set of armor to beat Azuma. I never expected it to be a seduction armor!! A meh chapter to be honest. I knew Erza would lose the moment she decided to use that samurai sword with no armor. She already used that and it won't be good story telling on Mashima's part if he let Azuma lose to a known move/weapon from Erza. I think all of FT members won their matches using a new technique or at least a new variation of their powers.

Gerard helping FT? Possible, we only need Mest's teleportation magic. I don't know how far it can reach though.

sig made by me

Erza...lost. Wow

Azuma is without a shadow of a doubt the most honorable member of Grimoire. His power is also incredible, 3 victories secured all against formidable opponents. Terra Chrymal was one of the most devastating attacks I've seen in the entire series, and that's saying something. I'm still taken aback though, Erza normally has a handicap in regard to her fights and yet Azuma went explicitly out of his way to ensure she wouldn't this time, and she suffers her first loss regardless. Talk about ironic.

Gerard's connection with Erza is why he was able to sense her defeat, but an appearance by him is highly unnecessary especially with things coming to a close. I was kind of happy that we'd gone nearly a whole arc without mentioning him, but at the very least it was just a brief cameo concerning his most precious person.

Ultear is still tripping me up as to whether or not she's completely evil. She knows what Azuma's doing but also looks perplexed at the situation. She's got some serious explaining to do. I do wonder what's going to become of Gray in the meanwhile. No fight, but instead an encounter with someone who holds ties to his past.

I also really enjoyed the chapter cover. The little indepth bios on characters were interesting. Natsu's is anything but flattering and yet he's still awesome. Wendy's was nice too, colors her as the enjoyable every-girl. Hope to see the rest of the guild receive similar treatment.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Ok Erza is the perfect sacrificial character, that being said I will stop reading if she dies.

Since his into Gerard has made an appearance in every arc and its starting to become a stretch.

I like how she used the sword once again, but the shot where she was flying naked makes me wonder what her opponents see when shes constantly changing armor
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Makarov gets beaten and we see Laxus in some far off place getting a strange feeling.

Erza gets beaten and we see the same from Jellal.

Anyone else seeing a pattern? I like arisart's idea about Mest's teleportation magic bringing Jellal to help (maybe even Laxus) but it's pretty unlikely. Would be great, but unlikely.

I thought the chapter was pretty good, would've been better if it were longer.

About next chapter: "A truly Great Guild" is the title, apparently. So Fairy Tail's fallen members will rise, talk about why their guild is great and beat Grimore Heart within 10 more chapters? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Ok Erza is the perfect sacrificial character, that being said I will stop reading if she dies.

Since his into Gerard has made an appearance in every arc and its starting to become a stretch.

I like how she used the sword once again, but the shot where she was flying naked makes me wonder what her opponents see when shes constantly changing armor
    It's so fast that you can't see a thing. Those are a split second shots.

So many awesome characters showed up this arc, all of them appearing on the Island would to much.

I'm actually glad that Erza lost, she never was up to her fame. Though without Tenrou's power, Azuma wouldn't able to pull off that last devastating attack, yet, was it really needed when he captured her without any defense boost ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Erza...lost. Wow

Azuma is without a shadow of a doubt the most honorable member of Grimoire. His power is also incredible, 3 victories secured all against formidable opponents. Terra Chrymal was one of the most devastating attacks I've seen in the entire series, and that's saying something. I'm still taken aback though, Erza normally has a handicap in regard to her fights and yet Azuma went explicitly out of his way to ensure she wouldn't this time, and she suffers her first loss regardless. Talk about ironic.

Ultear is still tripping me up as to whether or not she's completely evil. She knows what Azuma's doing but also looks perplexed at the situation. She's got some serious explaining to do. I do wonder what's going to become of Gray in the meanwhile. No fight, but instead an encounter with someone who holds ties to his past.

I also really enjoyed the chapter cover. The little indepth bios on characters were interesting. Natsu's is anything but flattering and yet he's still awesome. Wendy's was nice too, colors her as the enjoyable every-girl. Hope to see the rest of the guild receive similar treatment.
    I wouldn't exactly say that's true. I might say, he is the 1 who goes to the greatest lengths to appear honorable. Other wise what happened, as in what he did to MiraJane wouldn't have happened. even what he did to Erza wouldn't have happened. I mean we don't even know How much extra power was he getting just from being attached to the fairy tail tree. Then you add the fact that he let Erza keep her powers, but did he re-energize her like he probably got from the tree, or more. He keeps saying this want fight people at their best yet he tends to tweak the situation so they aren't really at their best, (normally mentally). I'd say that kid student of Ultear, was the most honorable member of GH.

Agreed about Ultear. She seems like she's gonna play this "Who knows whose side I'm on, really?" attitude perfectly , until the end. Hate those types on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    LOL was my exact thoughts as well. For most of this chapter.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy