9 29.03%
  • |3| Average

3 9.68%
  • |2| Bad

3 9.68%
  • |1| Terrible

2 6.45%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Why won't White Zetsu just make a kyuubi clone? That'd be badass.

the last panel before they switched to naruto and bee got cut off by tsunade and the raikage I think has your answer.. Kyatsu (or however its spelled) and any byakugan user might be able to tell the difference between the real shinobi and a transformed white zetsu.

I'm sure I am not the only one who noticed that our fake neji never activated his byakugan at any point while he was in the medic camp. Plus Kishi did make a point to show Hinata with hers activated, there has to be a connection

note to self, go through all the posts before replying.. didnt see it was mentioned on page 2 until i went back through the thread
    come fight my brute here

It is good to see the white Zetsu's used in an interesting way and even though it would have been interesting to have Neji actually be manipulated into killing his own comrads this was a decent alterative. This explanation of Zetsu's power also serves as another hint as to how Madara might have combined the bloodlines of Uchiha and Hashirama. Madara, Zetsu, and the Heretical Demon statue all seem to be closely linked but I am still curious as to how specifically that will come into play.

I was glad to see Nagato and Itachi bring up the point about Madara and his plan. Right now Madara seems to be a bit desperate, as Kabuto mentioned, which is strange considering he never counted on having Kabuto's help, which seems to have helped him a lot sofar. So one would normally assume that he would be more confident than ever, but the thing is Madara doesn't count Kabuto as an ally, he was confident in his original plan but now he knows that at any moment Kabuto could decide to turn on him. Before Kabuto came a long nobody really had anything on Madara, he was confident enough that he waltzed right up to the Kage's and laughed in their faces. Kabuto has changed all that, he has made Madara feel vulnerable and so his plans have changed which I imagine is something that he doesn't like. He likes to be in charge and now that he isn't he is getting anxious about taking back the reigns. Kabuto seems to have noticed this and so he is holding his trump cards until Madara shows an opening. The games between Madara and Kabuto really seem to be the most interesting part of the story to me right now.

I also found some of the comments made about Itachi's genjutsu to be quite interesting. It has been a subject of debate as to how skilled Itachi really is at controlling people with genjutsu. Even though we have been told for a long time that one of the sharingan's main powers is the ability to control people, we have only seen it done in special cases (like Danzou with Mifune) and the examples of Itachi using his genjutsu to control people in the past have been minor. This chapter basically seemed to indicate that Itachi's powers of control are right up their with all of his other genjutsu skills, it was even said that he is the only known person who could control people from outside of the range of sensors. I find that particularly interesting because it gives a possible explanation for how Itachi was able to wipe out his clan. As we have seen even for many of the strongest ninja in the series have a hard time when faced with a large group of skilled opponents. Even characters like Nagato, Kakuzu, and Sasori, who seem idealy suited to deal with groups have struggled when faced with numbers. I always wondered how Itachi could have killed such a large elite force without so much as a scratch and showing virtually no fatigue. This chapter, however, provides a very reasonable explanation for how Itachi could have done it. With his superior genjutsu he probably turned most of the Uchiha against each other and thus killed most of them before they even knew what was happening. Normally, the best way to take down a superior opponent is to have an elite team fight together but in the case of someone like Itachi that could backfire if he is capable of turning opponents into pawns. This also makes it ever more clear why Orochimaru never attempted to use Edo Tensei against Itachi and why he considered defeating Itachi impossible.

As for Tsunade and Raikage vs. Killerbee and Naruto, I am curious to see how it will play out. This will be the first truly powerful opponent Naruto has had to face since he obtained his new powers and Raikage also specializes in speed and strength so depending on how Naruto fairs we should have a better idea of where his powers really stand after this. Since we already saw how Sasuke measures up against Raikage, seeing Naruto fight the same opponet should be at least be somewhat enlightening. As for Tsunade, I really hope she does something impressive, it has been way too long since she showed her capabilies as a fighter. With that said though, I doubt that this fight will amount to much so I am basically just crossing my fingers and hoping that Naruto doesn't give another one of his sanctimonious speeches. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him and he will start to exercise more than just his muscles and vocal range.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchroomclassic View Post
    Why won't White Zetsu just make a kyuubi clone? That'd be badass.
    I think that is what Madara is attempting to do with the Heretical Demon Statue. As I mentioned earlier Zetsu and the Heretical Demon statue seem to show some very similar characteristics. I think that the Heretical Demon Statue is basically creating a replicate of the Juubi. I think Madara is creating a Juubi clone, not simply resurrecting the Juubi from the moon. He said he is planning to use the moon to project his Tsukiyomi onto it, he probably wouldn't be able to do that if he plan was to retrieve the Juubi's actual body from the moon itself.

^^ i do like the idea that it is a Jyuubi clone.

Nice chapter, Sakura actually doing something good, instead of making things worse.

Katsu will be sent to everyone on the battle field and she will know if she is on 2 of the same people shoulders, so then they will detain the 2 of them, and maybe Naruto can decide who is real/fake.

Naruto and Bee Vs. Raikage and Tsunade will be interesting, but i dont think Tsunade will do anything beyond yelling at Naruto - him making a speech and Tsunade letting him go (remember when Sai was telling Sakura and Shizune about how Naruto had gone to see the Raikage to convince him to not kill Sasuke, and someone asked what was Kakashi doing letting him go and Sai responded that "Kakashi believes in Naruto", and Shizune thought "So does Tsunade, she would have let Naruto go aswell") So Tsunade is not going to be too gun ho about it as frankly, what can she do to stop Naruto?

The Raikage will be more of a challenge, but i am thinking that the Raikage is known for his massive power and super speed, and what have Naruto's Kyuubi mode powers given him? Super speed and strength. I think the Raikage will make a move to stop them (with his lightning armor on) and Naruto will stop him in his tracks and block/prevent every thing the Raikage tries, at least until they get interupted by whatever force attacks them - Nagato/Itachi, Zetsu's or GM/Madara.
    Last edited by Nano; 05-26-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    I am basically just crossing my fingers and hoping that Naruto doesn't give another one of his sanctimonious speeches. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him and he will start to exercise more than just his muscles and vocal range.
    I'm guessing it's going to be, as you say, a short fight followed by a short speech. The speech should take up more panels than the fight. It's going to be the same sort of speech Naruto always gives, and there'll be ample flashbacks to the one other time Raikage and Naruto interacted.

Maybe Bee and Tsunade will put in a good word for Naruto, since they've traditionally been the ones helping him break the rules and had faith in him. I mean, Tsunade knew Pain was attacking the village to capture Naruto, and she still let him fight on his own, and bashed the Elders for lacking faith. How is this really any different, other than Naruto is now stronger than ever and he's got the whole shinobi world fighting behind him?

Wow Sakura really had a moment there.

I liked how they revealed the nuances of Madara's strategy. Deviously clever to strike like that from within during the night and create an atmosphere that breeds distrust thereby disrupting preparations for the next day of battle.

Tho I gotta be honest as soon as Shikaku said that they needed a means by which to detect the Zetsu copies my first thought was to do it by smell, using Ninja hounds. I know this theory is based on Terminator rules more than anything but I have a strong feeling that dogs like Akamaru will be able to sniff out the enemy in disguise. After all the manga said white Zetsu can create a clone that resembles the original right down to their chakra to fool sensors but they didn't say nuthin 'bout smell.

And lastly I can't believe Sasuke still steams Sakura's clam after all he's done to her and everyone else.
    Chicks and their feelings, so complex but never enough time to fully understand 'em.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    sasuke nearly killed sakara and she still holds felling for him, go narutoxhinata, a uzamaki with a baukugan how awesome would that be.

Piglets don't have arms, best naruto line ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    It is good to see the white Zetsu's used in an interesting way and even though it would have been interesting to have Neji actually be manipulated into killing his own comrads this was a decent alterative. This explanation of Zetsu's power also serves as another hint as to how Madara might have combined the bloodlines of Uchiha and Hashirama. Madara, Zetsu, and the Heretical Demon statue all seem to be closely linked but I am still curious as to how specifically that will come into play.

I was glad to see Nagato and Itachi bring up the point about Madara and his plan. Right now Madara seems to be a bit desperate, as Kabuto mentioned, which is strange considering he never counted on having Kabuto's help, which seems to have helped him a lot sofar. So one would normally assume that he would be more confident than ever, but the thing is Madara doesn't count Kabuto as an ally, he was confident in his original plan but now he knows that at any moment Kabuto could decide to turn on him. Before Kabuto came a long nobody really had anything on Madara, he was confident enough that he waltzed right up to the Kage's and laughed in their faces. Kabuto has changed all that, he has made Madara feel vulnerable and so his plans have changed which I imagine is something that he doesn't like. He likes to be in charge and now that he isn't he is getting anxious about taking back the reigns. Kabuto seems to have noticed this and so he is holding his trump cards until Madara shows an opening. The games between Madara and Kabuto really seem to be the most interesting part of the story to me right now.

I also found some of the comments made about Itachi's genjutsu to be quite interesting. It has been a subject of debate as to how skilled Itachi really is at controlling people with genjutsu. Even though we have been told for a long time that one of the sharingan's main powers is the ability to control people, we have only seen it done in special cases (like Danzou with Mifune) and the examples of Itachi using his genjutsu to control people in the past have been minor. This chapter basically seemed to indicate that Itachi's powers of control are right up their with all of his other genjutsu skills, it was even said that he is the only known person who could control people from outside of the range of sensors. I find that particularly interesting because it gives a possible explanation for how Itachi was able to wipe out his clan. As we have seen even for many of the strongest ninja in the series have a hard time when faced with a large group of skilled opponents. Even characters like Nagato, Kakuzu, and Sasori, who seem idealy suited to deal with groups have struggled when faced with numbers. I always wondered how Itachi could have killed such a large elite force without so much as a scratch and showing virtually no fatigue. This chapter, however, provides a very reasonable explanation for how Itachi could have done it. With his superior genjutsu he probably turned most of the Uchiha against each other and thus killed most of them before they even knew what was happening. Normally, the best way to take down a superior opponent is to have an elite team fight together but in the case of someone like Itachi that could backfire if he is capable of turning opponents into pawns. This also makes it ever more clear why Orochimaru never attempted to use Edo Tensei against Itachi and why he considered defeating Itachi impossible.

As for Tsunade and Raikage vs. Killerbee and Naruto, I am curious to see how it will play out. This will be the first truly powerful opponent Naruto has had to face since he obtained his new powers and Raikage also specializes in speed and strength so depending on how Naruto fairs we should have a better idea of where his powers really stand after this. Since we already saw how Sasuke measures up against Raikage, seeing Naruto fight the same opponet should be at least be somewhat enlightening. As for Tsunade, I really hope she does something impressive, it has been way too long since she showed her capabilies as a fighter. With that said though, I doubt that this fight will amount to much so I am basically just crossing my fingers and hoping that Naruto doesn't give another one of his sanctimonious speeches. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him and he will start to exercise more than just his muscles and vocal range.

I think that is what Madara is attempting to do with the Heretical Demon Statue. As I mentioned earlier Zetsu and the Heretical Demon statue seem to show some very similar characteristics. I think that the Heretical Demon Statue is basically creating a replicate of the Juubi. I think Madara is creating a Juubi clone, not simply resurrecting the Juubi from the moon. He said he is planning to use the moon to project his Tsukiyomi onto it, he probably wouldn't be able to do that if he plan was to retrieve the Juubi's actual body from the moon itself.
    You point about the stature and zetus and madara seems likely as the body is in the moon. One would imgaine he would have to destroy the moon to get the body. Unless he can summon it from the moon since that is a time space technique you rxplaunation seems most likely.

But I more intrested in madara's alitude change, this diffinetly something very key to the plot and maybe tells us how madara has surived all this years to BEGIN WITH.

I made the same point a while back about madara was confidtent in his plans before he even knew about kabuto's new powers and therefore being his ally. Remember guys Madara decided to ally with kabuto based on his power he demonstrated in there meeting not whether he though he could use him, remeber he wanted to kill him at the start of the meeting.

The only thing I can think of that is making madara a bit despearte is that mystery coffin, its the only explanation I can think of. Madara said at the time that if he went against kabuto it would only weaken is forces. Also during the kage summit the samauri kage speculated that madara is also at SOME disadvantage before kabuto even made a truce. We don't know the full story but this mystery coffin is going to be more pivotal than we can imgaine with all this.

Wtf could he have summoned to make madara change his cool like this, the obvious choice is like the first hokage due to their history with another but you can't summon him due the death god seal. To be honest the only thing I can think even all the characters we have KNOW ABOUT in the series would be the sage of six paths himself but getting his dna would be impossible one would imgaine given the hint kabuto told us how difficult it was to get the dna of his current line up. Surely his dna would have rotted to the point it is simply part of the earth.

This would have to be a massive plot twist also could be a character we don't anything about. Maybe some voodoo uzumaki clan member madara thought no one knew about, maybe some long lost son of the sage(some1 we know nothing about) who knows.

Madara words in reponse to the coffin say it all "YOU MADMAN, how did YOU DO THIS"

I don't go crazy with the thoeries but this really is so black right now, anything could happen. This also is a good time to remind us of what the fox said to sasuke "you will would regret killing naruto" that too is going to be epic plot twist, anything other than mind blowwing would be disapoitning.
    Last edited by psukkar; 05-26-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Let's see there is a genius medical ninja and a person whose beaming with life/body energy that makes trees growing by just being near him, plus someone who doesn't have an arm, hmmmmmmmmm. It's possible that Naruto willl win Raikage not by strenght, not by speach, but by recovering his lost arm (more like Tsunade will use Naruto's immense life energy) and so cleansing Sasuke of the demage he made to him.

Still, I would like to see Naruto beating raikage to a pulp.

The fake neji being zetsu was pretty obvious...
    Zetsu is the only akatsuki who hasn't had that much of an action yet (besides madara) so I guess it's his turn to take the stage now.

Anyway, I like how sakura is a lot smarter now.
    Remember ages ago during that chunin test that takes place in the forbidden forest?
    She had to deal with a similar situation, except back then she was up against an enemy with a crappy transformation ability but still got completely fooled. Now she is dealing with zetsu who probably have the best transformation ability in the narutoverse but this time she didn't get tricked at all and manage to outwit the enemy instead, love the character growth