Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I wish everybody responded to my clear intellectual superiority the way you did.

...I mean uh, no? <_<;;;

Seriously though, I find that about 90% of theories regarding Naruto are written by people who have less hair on their balls than I do on my chin.

They simply can't wait for more facts to appear so they formulate a 'theory' (Last time I checked a theory was based on a set of verifiable truths, not unfounded speculation) that conforms to whatever they want to happen later in the series by using whatever vague links they've made based on hair styles and shoe size in the vain hope that people will put them up on a pedestal as the greatest thinker of our time, all while they get to sing "I told you so!" at the top of their lungs.

The 'theories' that litter various forums speak volumes about the most common form of Naruto reader and only serves to show me why people look down on us 'Narutards'. It's ever-so-slightly depressing so I think I'll push it out of my mind until another thread like this appears in a few months, hopefully I'll be in a anger induced coma at that point.
    Last edited by Wafflenet; 10-10-2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Even I make mistakes from time to time. Scary, no?

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Yes, I sometimes think they are obsessive, but I don't think they are bad (so long as they remain in the theories thread). However, sometimes I feel like people just throw shit out there to say that they 'said it first' no matter how crazy it sounds. I find it amusing (like fanfiction) and as long as it adds to people's viewing/reading experience it is a good thing (to an extent...).

Yesssssss, the theories are killing Naruto for me, they are just so excessive and ridiculous. Honestly, we'll all find out in due time if we just read the thing. Enjoy it, don't destroy it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I agree with Franky, the theories aren't really bad, it's just when people insist that their theories are credible almost to the point of being indisputable ,even if it's dependant on the most obscure evidence or information (often with little relevance what-so-ever) that the absurdity I mentioned earlier occurs.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

The kinda theories I hate are the
    "X kinda looks like X - so they must be related somehow" - theories.
    Like the most recent Yahiko + Juugo theories - that just pisses me off.

I agree as well, but don't forget some of those people, English isn't there first language, so its pretty tough on them to post in an intellectual manner.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

People should just stop making predictions and enjoy the anime/manga one chapter/episode at a time. I like surprises. Why does everybody want to know what's going to happen next?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I agree with Franky, the theories aren't really bad, it's just when people insist that their theories are credible almost to the point of being indisputable ,even if it's dependant on the most obscure evidence or information (often with little relevance what-so-ever) that the absurdity I mentioned earlier occurs.
    That's what I was getting at with hair colour and shoe size. They find 1 slight similarity and tout their 'theory' as 100% undeniable fact, even if there's more going against it than there is going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta
    I agree as well, but don't forget some of those people, English isn't there first language, so its pretty tough on them to post in an intellectual manner.
    I don't think that's true, I know a lot of highly intelligent people from all over the world (I even know a Dutch man who's more literate than a large number of native English speakers.) who can easily present a point without sounding like a bumbling idiot. The only thing that the language barrier should effect is the spelling and grammar used in their post, if their theory still has substantiated facts and a logical assumption(s) behind it then I don't see why they shouldn't come off as intelligence.

Remember, being from another country is not an acceptable excuse for being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Ow..my poor swollen ankle alexmcneice's Avatar
    Indeed they are annoying. But I just avoid reading any theories, I too like a surprise and just read the manga when it comes out. Just let the little diddums throw out their theories amongst themselves, they aren't really hurting anyone.

and Wafflenet...TFU? You seen Spaced?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    You have my applause with both my hands and socked feet.

The Perfect Analyzation.

By all means, the amount of Naruto theories out there are spurting crap of the nine hells. The amount of idiocy serves as a indication of the dark side of our human evolution regarding the great contrast between reality and the inner mind set of an average human(male). However look at the bright side, at least the amount of crap do serve as much needed exercise for the mind(poking fun at them) and a break from all the basket ball games-which is why I am here, yet never joining any Naruto discussion.
    I have to agree with you both